Poll: Bruins Vs Leafs--who do you want to win

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I wish they make it to a gruesome 7th game and then, spontaneously combust.

This is my vote as well. This should be an option.

I cheer against whoever is winning in that series so it can last longer and maximize the chance they'll be tired/banged up. Unfortunately, both teams are being soft as butter and playing like little girls.

In summary, I refuse to vote.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Could you imagine Toronto fans if they beat Boston? I hate the bruins team, but I despise Toronto fans... they are too ridiculous. It would be tough to go on HF if they advance in the second round.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Don't really care that much who wins, but voted Bruins just to shut Leaf fans up and make Toronto centric CBC's life miserable.

Jyroe Habs Fan

Aug 23, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
As a 37 year Hab fan, its easy Bruins in 7.

I hate the Leafs, their fans, players and media.

How could you stand CBC if they beat the Bruins.

Its the Leafs who have caused Habs to go nearly extinct on English TV on Saturday nights. I am old enough to remember the Habs sharing Saturday nights as the full national feed until the early 90's. Since then its been all Leafs all the time.

I respect and hate the bruins but I don't respect the Leafs.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
leaf win in seven with brawls galore and several double-overtime games. I'm in Toronto and watched Game 2 in a Queen St bar, ended up meeting a female Habs fan who was similarly out of place and conflicted. Anyway Bacchus agree it is new and weird rooting for the leaf, but hate the broon more so there you are. BTW I will go out on a limb and say there are many more Habs fans in Toronto than leaf fans in Montreal.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
leaf win in seven with brawls galore and several double-overtime games. I'm in Toronto and watched Game 2 in a Queen St bar, ended up meeting a female Habs fan who was similarly out of place and conflicted. Anyway Bacchus agree it is new and weird rooting for the leaf, but hate the broon more so there you are. BTW I will go out on a limb and say there are many more Habs fans in Toronto than leaf fans in Montreal.

There are no Leafs fans in Montreal.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
There are no Leafs fans in Montreal.

They held a convention last year:

Nick-2-Leafs-fan-alone-THIS.jpg

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
This one is real easy for a Habs fan.

Nothing a player from the Leafs has ever done comes close to the two month long persecution of Max Pacioretty by the CURRENT CAPTAIN of the Bruins, Zdeno Chara, culminating with the terrible injury at the stanchion. The subsequent denials and further disrespectful comments from Chara, Mark Recchi and the top brass of the team only made things worse.

Nothing Randy Carlyle has ever done comes close to the multiple seasons long torrent of disrespect that comes from that turd Claude Julien, including his constant whining about embellishment and creation of excuses for every loss, as well as his sending goons out to beat up non-fighters.

Nothing any Toronto broadcaster has ever said comes close to the anti-Canadiens vile put on the airwaves countless times by Jack Edwards, whom the Bruins organization has done nothing to muzzle.

This stuff is so lopsided that just on the non-hockey scorecard alone, Boston MUST be the team that is "hated" more.

As for the hockey side, you almost always want the underdog to win in any out-of-town series, as it makes your own team's trip to the Cup easier.

So, on both dislike-level and hockey-level, I see no alternative but pulling for Boston to lose. The rest, that it should go long, that the Leafs might come out of the series hurting, these are all minor details.

Cannot bring myself to ever cheer for the Bruins against any other team, unless it would be in some future year where they are considered an easy team to beat, and they are in a position to upset a Cup favourite that we are afraid we have little chance against.

I agree with the outcome of your post, just not the reasons behind it. I hated the B's long before Claude Julien. The Leafs haven't been the habs true rivals in years. They've completely sucked.

I also think we stack up against the B's rather well. Their inability to score will hurt them. I don't fear either team even a little bit, that's not to say they can't beat us, of course they can, I'm just not particularly worried about them. I'd rather play either of these teams over nearly every other team in the east.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Wow i didn't think the Poll would be 70% in favor of the Leafs. After consideration ( they are my 2 most hated teams) i want the Bruins to win this. They are the better team and there is no way i wanna see Leafs fans be happy.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Leafs AINEC
1.Because I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs.
2.Because the Leafs are a Canadian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad