Poll: Bruins Vs Leafs--who do you want to win

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Just watched the Bruins and Leafs highlights, and for one of the first time in my life I was rooting for the Leafs to win. There is a lot of dislike from the Habs towards both teams. I don't like either team, but I think I just figured that I like the Bruins less.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
had one TV on the Ducks/Wings game at work, another on Bruins/Leafs...

halfway trough the first both were on the Ducks/Wings game, tried real hard to watch the B/L game, had no interest whatsoever, was putting me to sleep.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Just watched the Bruins and Leafs highlights, and for one of the first time in my life I was rooting for the Leafs to win. There is a lot of dislike from the Habs towards both teams. I don't like either team, but I think I just figured that I like the Bruins less.

This one is real easy for a Habs fan.

Nothing a player from the Leafs has ever done comes close to the two month long persecution of Max Pacioretty by the CURRENT CAPTAIN of the Bruins, Zdeno Chara, culminating with the terrible injury at the stanchion. The subsequent denials and further disrespectful comments from Chara, Mark Recchi and the top brass of the team only made things worse.

Nothing Randy Carlyle has ever done comes close to the multiple seasons long torrent of disrespect that comes from that turd Claude Julien, including his constant whining about embellishment and creation of excuses for every loss, as well as his sending goons out to beat up non-fighters.

Nothing any Toronto broadcaster has ever said comes close to the anti-Canadiens vile put on the airwaves countless times by Jack Edwards, whom the Bruins organization has done nothing to muzzle.

This stuff is so lopsided that just on the non-hockey scorecard alone, Boston MUST be the team that is "hated" more.

As for the hockey side, you almost always want the underdog to win in any out-of-town series, as it makes your own team's trip to the Cup easier.

So, on both dislike-level and hockey-level, I see no alternative but pulling for Boston to lose. The rest, that it should go long, that the Leafs might come out of the series hurting, these are all minor details.

Cannot bring myself to ever cheer for the Bruins against any other team, unless it would be in some future year where they are considered an easy team to beat, and they are in a position to upset a Cup favourite that we are afraid we have little chance against.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am not a fan of Toronto by any stretch but I loathe Boston. I hope it goes 7 hard, grueling games.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Easy call- I want Leafs to win. There is no team in all of sports I hate more than bruins. What they did to us a few years ago will never be forgotten.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
Still not sure Leafs are a Canadian team and I don't hate them as much as Boston. But I think the fan are worst there such a pain not sure I want them to get to the 2nd round. On a side note its really boring hockey that series.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Toronto in 7. With Kessel, Kadri, Lupul and JVR on IR.

This... Let's hope they destroy each other physically and the series goes to 7 games (with multiple OTs) so the team that advances will be dead tired.

People saying they want Boston to win have VERY short term memory... Let me refresh you.... Kyle McLaren, Zedno Chara, Andrew "middle finger" Ference, Brad Marchand, Milan Lucic and so on.

EDIT: oh... Forgot the guy in my avatar as well.

Last edited:

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
After thinking: Leafs.

Becomes easier when you think Chara push voluntarily MaxPac.

Leafs were also bad this season with Orr vs Gionta/Bourque incident.

Still the Leafs.

PricePkPatch*

I don't want anyone of them winning by playing well. I want the winner to succeed despite a near-collapse of their goalie/player, and have more violent fights and hits.

Moroccan

Mar 16, 2013
HABS World
7 gruesome games with violent fights and broken bones. I don't care who wins after that. I voted Leafs just because of Chara (criminal ****tard)

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Impossible to answer. It's like watching Stalin fight Mao. I want 15 rounds, and maximum hurting to both.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I refuse to pick and it's simple because it doesn't matter to me. No matter what team we face, it's gonna be down to the wire. We can see this already vs Ottawa and we have seen this all year round. No matter what team we played, we looked great at time, terrible on other times but good enough to finnish 2nd in the East.

PricePkPatch*

Impossible to answer. It's like watching Stalin fight Mao. I want 15 rounds, and maximum hurting to both.

The example I gave to my UK friends to explain the sentiment is "It's like watching Hitler Vs. Kim Jong Il in a MMA fight"

CanadiensVault

Jan 22, 2013
Leafs! I do not want to face the Bruins in any round this year. Even if we were to beat them, they'd completely wear us down to a point where we'd probably have no chance the next round.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Bs win please I HATE the Laffs more than anything in the world where the Bs I don't care about them one way or the other I am indifferent to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad