Poll: 90s throwback jerseys

The 90s retro jerseys should be...

• Total voters

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I never understood the whites at home debate. Is it just because it used to be that way? The numbers show that fans as a whole generally don’t buy the white jerseys, they buy dark so why wouldn’t the team match their fans?

Unless you’re like Winnipeg, I don’t really get it. It’d be weird going to a Blues game and it look like you’re cheering for the Leafs/Rangers/Jets/Avalanche etc

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
I never understood the whites at home debate. Is it just because it used to be that way? The numbers show that fans as a whole generally don’t buy the white jerseys, they buy dark so why wouldn’t the team match their fans?

You've got it backwards. The fans match the team, not the other way around. That's the entire reason they changed it up, to spur jersey sales. Prior to 2003, the whites outsold the darks. Go lookup some games from the Quenville era and you'll see the fans mostly wearing white jerseys. Just look at all the white in the crowd here:

The league switched it up in 2003-04 as a ploy to get the fans to open their wallets for the dark jerseys. It will come full circle at some point, and they will switch the jerseys back to whites at home for an influx of revenue when they think the time is right.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
I love em! That's the sweater they wore when I really started falling in love with hockey.

I especially loved it when they were showing all the past players that wore it. My God, how we never won a cup with those guys, still blows my mind.

All I can say is f*** you Keenan. The only good thing he did was keeping those trumpet jerseys off the ice.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad