Poll: 90s throwback jerseys

The 90s retro jerseys should be...

• Total voters

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
At first I wasn’t a fan of the decision but it’s pretty funny to see them wear it now and certainly make you flash back. Winning 5-0 helped the look

It feels like Calgary wasn’t good team to play because of the red in their jerseys...plus they still have those gross apron design that is even more fugly

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I like them, but according to my wife I have questionable taste in clothing.

On a side note, would be really cool to wear the military ones for a few games a year instead of just warm ups.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
They definitely are not my favorite but I don't think I mind them as much as some people do. I was between 10-14 years old when these jerseys were around so they do hold some nostalgic value to me. Those jerseys are just a lot though, they are the hockey jersey equivalent of the loud Hawaiian shirt.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There are elements of it I don’t mind like the diagonal stripes.

But the red and the butchering of the logo is unforgivable. You take (IMO) the single best logo in sports and you turn it in a cartoon and randomly write St. Louis on it in the most generic font ever on this otherwise obscene over the top jersey and I just can’t.

Reactions: Sgt Schultz

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
These have always been my least favorite Blues jerseys in the history of the franchise, but last night was fun. I loved Binner's set up to go with them and variety is nice since every single home game is blue vs white. I love that trumpet logo and I have always liked the merchandise tied to these jerseys more than the jerseys themselves. So all in all I enjoyed it last night, will enjoy a couple more nights of it, but definitely don't want to see them every home Saturday game.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
These are easily the worst uniforms in our history.
The red of our enemys. The crappy numbers. The bastardized note. The poor proportional balance in the use of the third color.

I do like the trumpet shoulder patch.

As for the question do I like them wearing them? I don’t really mind it. Its sort of fun to do a nostalgia/retro day. I wish the NHL would do like the AHL and have more special days with unique jerseys that they action off.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If these are the worst jerseys in our history...just goes to show we have a pretty awesome jersey history :)

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Critiquing the jersey is fine, but there is nothing wrong with that logo. I like the rounded edges over the sharp and aggressive iteration used today.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Critiquing the jersey is fine, but there is nothing wrong with that logo. I like the rounded edges over the sharp and aggressive iteration used today.

I could not more vehemently disagree with you for the reasons I listed above but that’s fine :laugh:

Generally any hockey jersey with words on the front I find I hate.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If these are the worst jerseys in our history...just goes to show we have a pretty awesome jersey history :)
s-l300.jpg

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The NHL should do throwback Thursdays every once in a while where both teams wear throwbacks and the home team wears white.
I’d like to see the entire league play half the season with white at home and half dark, with an alternate jersey for each. That way you could have the merchandising and marketing value of four jerseys and give everyone what they want. Play through December in one and January on in the other.

Reactions: badmoth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad