Feb 16, 2018
I think these end up being the D pairings:

Keith-Mitchell
Zadorov-Boqvist
DeHaan-Murphy

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The same shitty system most of the NHL runs, right?

When are people going to realize the forwards are the biggest reason this team defense sucks?
I agree. Because you look at the defensemen group and there's no way they should be this bad. They're deep and solid there, even if lacking a true #1 or top pairing guy most nights(accounting for Keith's inconsistency)

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The same shitty system most of the NHL runs, right?

When are people going to realize the forwards are the biggest reason this team defense sucks?

can't say that most NHL teams run the same shitty system as I don't have that kind of insider information, do you?

Either JC's system sucks or JC sucks and can't motivate all players to do what they are supposed to do to make his system work.

and yes I am well aware that Forwards play a big role in team defence, too bad JC doesn't though and dresses a guy like Quenville instead of a young guy like Kurashev that plays a 200 foot game that is similar to the way Hossa played the game.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
can't say that most NHL teams run the same shitty system as I don't have that kind of insider information, do you?

Either JC's system sucks or JC sucks and can't motivate all players to do what they are supposed to do to make his system work.

and yes I am well aware that Forwards play a big role in team defence, too bad JC doesn't though and dresses a guy like Quenville instead of a young guy like Kurashev that plays a 200 foot game that is similar to the way Hossa played the game.
Where do you get these player evaluations?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Well, Mark Eaton directly said it during an interview last month.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Where do you get these player evaluations?

do your homework and watch footage on Kurashev and you will find the same. I also had the pleasure of watching him and the Swiss team live in Vancouver at the WJC. Kid was dominant and reminded me of Hossa

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I know hockey, and I know systems. I've been saying this about their system almost the entire time Colliton has been coaching. Whenever it was brought up, I made mention of the fact that most teams defend the same way... And as RtR said, Mark Eaton confirmed this a short while back.

Maybe now that the leaders on this team can't cry to McDonough about said systems, we will see a culture change, and some buy in from the forwards? I certainly hope so.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I know hockey, and I know systems. I've been saying this about their system almost the entire time Colliton has been coaching. Whenever it was brought up, I made mention of the fact that most teams defend the same way... And as RtR said, Mark Eaton confirmed this a short while back.

Maybe now that the leaders on this team can't cry to McDonough about said systems, we will see a culture change, and some buy in from the forwards? I certainly hope so.

lets hope so

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Does not matter who plays with Keith because Keith has fallen off the cliff...anyone paired with ho. Will not look good as Keith co tiniest further decline with more age....akes more puck fumbles now...more blown coverages...cannot save d-partner's mistakes like he used to...hos mental focus also dwindling...leadership vanished
..more a clock puncher now...used to have an effective stick...now he waves it at guys as they get past hom...hos shot disappeared years ago...passes now less accurate...game has declined and getting worse asmore age piles on.
When he said he thought he could play till 45 that was self-delusion...he is not honest with himself about his own game...yet his decline so obvious to all with eyes..

Sb who he plays with is almost irrelevant...as he continues his decline No d-partner will look good ...nor can they bail out his advancing decline..

Sorry but this is an honest assessment.. he is not the Keith all remember from the glory days...his continuing decline will only pull down tge effectiveness of any d-partner.

No d-oartner can bail hom out as hexwill progressively get even worse and he ofvcourse willnot be effective lije he once was in bailing out mistakes by his d-partner...

So it matters not who he plays with...it will not be pretty.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad