Line Combos: Poll 4 : HF Hawks Decides - Keith’s Partner

Who plays with Keith?

• Total voters

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Mitchell or Boqvist, I don't mind. Stylistically I think Ian is better off with him (and Boqvist with Z/De Haan) but those two already have chemistry from last year.

Went with Mitchell.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I’d rather have Keith and Murphy take the hard matchups together and let Boqvist and Mitchell have their own pairings. I think Boqvist offensive ability will shine through away from Keith with less pressure getting easier matchups

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’d rather have Keith and Murphy take the hard matchups together and let Boqvist and Mitchell have their own pairings. I think Boqvist offensive ability will shine through away from Keith with less pressure getting easier matchups

I agree, and voted Murphy. de Haan and Zadorov are more than capable of helping bring along rookies, or should be at least.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
JC has rarely put Murphy with Keith and in his time has pretty consistently gone Keith with an offensive role instead of shutdown guy. Murphy and Keith had about 8 games together last year. He had a few more with DeHaan.

Otherwise it was Gus, Boqvist, or 4K. I do not think that stylistic choice will change

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I just hope Mitchell will be on the team. It scares me that we’ve had no update on Seabrook.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
JC has rarely put Murphy with Keith and in his time has pretty consistently gone Keith with an offensive role instead of shutdown guy. Murphy and Keith had about 8 games together last year. He had a few more with DeHaan.

Otherwise it was Gus, Boqvist, or 4K. I do not think that stylistic choice will change

Doesn’t playing Keith with a defensive guy allow Keith to be more aggressive offensively, as opposed to him needing to be the defensive safety net for a Boqvist or Mitchell?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Most teams run 2 D on the second unit so you’re not caught with only one D on the ice when the PP ends. I have no problem with Keith being that second D, but I know many others hate him being anywhere near the PP.

Agreed. If it’s the end of a power play I have no issue with him out there. I just don’t want to see him there on the point when a power play starts any more.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Doesn’t playing Keith with a defensive guy allow Keith to be more aggressive offensively, as opposed to him needing to be the defensive safety net for a Boqvist or Mitchell?
Except pairing Keith with the only real defensive matchup talent means he often has to be out vs top lines and in defensive situations more to play matchup on D.

When he's with Gus or Boqvist he had more time to be in offensive situations even if he couldn't be as aggressive because his partner.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I just hope Mitchell will be on the team. It scares me that we’ve had no update on Seabrook.

Mitchell is 100% going to be on the team unless he forgot how to play hockey during the pandemic. The question is simply who he'll play with. Seabrook will be ready for camp unless he's had a set back that they haven't announced.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Stan said that Zadorov and Boqvist is an ideal pair then I'll guess that JC uses De Haan-Murphy as a shutdown pair and he puts Keith with Mitchell. Not sure if this is how it starts but over time it makes sense. Murphy has been here a few years now and he's rarely played with Keith...For IM long term development its probably best they play him with Dunc...

Reactions: Muffinalt

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Keith-Seabrook.jpg

169643503.0.jpg

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad