Poll #1 McDavid-Eichel-Hanifin

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Eichel or McDavid, either one works for me. Been following Eichel for the past two years now and absolutely love what he brings to the table. And obviously McJesus is McJesus. The goal is to finish 30th

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I love Eichel. I'm really excited about the fact that we're likely to get him. I think he's amazing. Can't wait to have him on the team.

All that said, the answer is McDavid and it's not even close.

ZeroPT*

I love Eichel. I'm really excited about the fact that we're likely to get him. I think he's amazing. Can't wait to have him on the team.

All that said, the answer is McDavid and it's not even close.

something about chickens and baskets...

let's pump some brakes here

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Any of the three...would prefer a forward but would be thrilled with Hanifin or even Kylington.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I want McDavid, obviously.

I'll be elated if we get eichel at #2, he'd be the #1 pick in almost any draft in the last 10 years (maybe 1 debatable).

If we end up in Hanifin/Kylington territory... I'm happy to get such high end players, but would always feel we missed out on a franchise changing opportunity.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
McDavid: Unquestionably the better player (to what extent is debatable - I've seen both arguments on HF). Also, like the Canadian angle on McDavid-Reinhart if simply because they (might) have more familiarity with each other and their playing styles.

Eichel: I'm already getting tired of seeing McDavid's mug. That's my big argument for Eichel and I can't be convinced it's not a valid one.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
something about chickens and baskets...

let's pump some brakes here

Look at how bad we are.

Look at the 80% chance the #1 team has of not winning the lottery.

I agree that "can't wait to have him on the team" is a little preemptive...but saying that getting him is likely is very realistic

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
McDavid

If the Isles pick is #4 I would be drooling over one of Kylington or Hannifin available there. Would love to get another blue chip forward and a blue chip defensemen. The top guys in the 15' draft will definitely be NHL ready

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
McDavid: Unquestionably the better player (to what extent is debatable - I've seen both arguments on HF). Also, like the Canadian angle on McDavid-Reinhart if simply because they (might) have more familiarity with each other and their playing styles.

Eichel: I'm already getting tired of seeing McDavid's mug. That's my big argument for Eichel and I can't be convinced it's not a valid one.

It's most definitely questionable. These two are neck and neck. WJC is going to be wonderful. Can't wait for them to go head to head. McDavid might be destined to go no. 1 because of fear of not picking the chosen one, but that doesn't neccesarily make him the better player.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I snicker with glee each and every night we lose. I feel that this team will compete every night but lose mostly. When that time comes, I think McDavid is the answer. That kid is just not gonna fail. I have faith in Murray and Co. to thoroughly scout to make sure he's the best pick...but at this point we just know it - that whoever ends up with #1 is going to take McDavid, because of the hype. If we end up with Eichel I'll be ecstatic as well though.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
This is a joke. Eichel is going to be a very good player down the road but McDavid is the best prospect the league has seen in years. I just don't understand the comparison. I'll be happy with either but I will be confident that the rebuild was a success if we get McDavid.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Both are the cherry on top of the rebuild, the difference between waiting three years to being competitive or next year having a chance to make the playoffs. That said McDavid brings a crazy passing skill set that sets him a part. Still think Hanafin, if he pans out which is a little riskier at d, with our other defensemen could be something very special.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I actually prefer Eichel's playing style and think that his game will translate better to the NHL. McDavid's shot is mediocre so unless it improves he'll be a playmaker, which isn't a bad thing but Eichel can do both. I'd be happy with either of them and Hanifin as a consolation prize wouldn't be too bad either as he could be that elusive true #1 defenseman Buffalo hasn't ever had.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
This is a joke. Eichel is going to be a very good player down the road but McDavid is the best prospect the league has seen in years. I just don't understand the comparison. I'll be happy with either but I will be confident that the rebuild was a success if we get McDavid.

Eichel is on a 4 ppg pace through his first three college games. He is also the best prospect the league has seen in years. That's what people are not getting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad