Poll 1: If we land in the 4th draft order, who do we take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
I originally chose Chychrun but am starting to lean towards Dubois. I feel this will be the case for me until the draft.

I want a top 3 pick and i'd be a little disappointed without one. 4-8 looks good but not on the level of a top 3.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Can't trade down unless you are going to trade up later. Remember you can only give out 50 contracts. Having 18 picks is nice but if you can't sign them there's no point.

I have a feeling that one of these is going to happen.

-edm gets any top 3, toronto gets 2nd or 3rd. Edm trades to 4 and takes Chychrun. Can't trade down unless it's Tor 2 and Edm 3. And equal extras.

- Edm and Tor get 4/5, Edm takes Chychrun 4th.
- Tor get 2/3, Edm gets 4th and won't trade it.

I think the only way Toronto gets Chychrun is we end up with the 4th immediately.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
No brainer for me. We need D, so, just take Jakob Chychrun at #4.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
If Edmonton wins the lottery again (uuuuuugh!), offer them Gardner and Our first from Pitts. I like Gards and his contract but The Oilers would have a long hard think on this if pitts is in the 15-20 range.
Draft Mathews and we still have our own at 4-5 to take Chychrun.

Crazy?

It would have to be Toronto's first.

Mad Brills*

Dubois is a guy that I wouldn't be shocked to see the leafs pick if they get some bad luck by finishing 6th.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Mark Hunter will definitely have an influence on this pick.Don't like the idea of moving down when we're picking this high.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
even though the fellas almost have me sold on dubois im not sure how we pass on a stud blue chipper defenseman in chychrun. We could also take another with the pens pick and scoop up bean or fabbro and then i would feel better about or defensive prospects.

rielly-chychrun
gardiner-fabbro
dermott-zaitsev

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Somehow trade down to 7 in a convoluted trade which gets out Pittsburgh pick high eough that we can somehow draft both Juolevi and Sergachev.

Unlikely but imo 4-10 are all pretty close, I don't often like trading down, especially down from a pick that high, but I gthink it could be smart to trade down from 4.

Trading down? Just take McLeod at #4 and drop the mic :)

Speed!, size, hands, character, stud family, determination.
McKeens: A cross between Toews and MacKinnon

Leafsbeast*

I dont freaking know.

Button was on Leafs Lunch the other day saying Chycrun is slipping and he had him rated 8th.

I like Tkachuks size and he seems like he could end up being a power forward and Marner knows him as they have insane chemistry.

I think I would go Nylander.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I feel like the Leafs have loaded up on so many picks they could make a fairly competitive pitch to any team in the top 3 to trade down if they really wanted to do that. Let's say Edmonton has a top 3 pick and doesn't want Matthews, Laine, Puljuhaarvi, they could drop to 4 to take Chychrun and pick up a few picks from the Leafs for their troubles.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I feel like the Leafs have loaded up on so many picks they could make a fairly competitive pitch to any team in the top 3 to trade down if they really wanted to do that. Let's say Edmonton has a top 3 pick and doesn't want Matthews, Laine, Puljuhaarvi, they could drop to 4 to take Chychrun and pick up a few picks from the Leafs for their troubles.
Yeah, I'm actually hoping that Edmonton gets a lottery pick. Especially if the Leafs don't. This is the only team that I think may be open for business. I can definitely see them swapping their 3rd for the 4th to obtain Chychrun. Also, the Oilers swapping their first overall for 2nd or 3rd, although a long shot, isn't completely out of the question. If you're a lottery winner and offer your 2nd or 3rd and a decent pick or prospect for their 1st, maybe they do it. If you offer the 4th, you'll have to add a pretty significant prospect or player, but it may just be worth it for Matthews.

So, for example, if you're the Oliers, do you want to walk out of there with Matthews or Chychrun and Gardiner? (just an example....don't flip out)

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007

Agreed. The options are now there. I mean we are loaded with 2nds now and maybe more to come, I don't think 4 to 3 would cost an arm and a leg, especially for us with the amount of assets we have,

Wouldn't mind a trade down to 7 to take Dubois or dare I say a falling Chychrun. Then trade up from Pittsburgh's pick to 9.

In the end I see us staying pat. Just because I feel these trades don't happen so often. Need to trust in Hunter at 4.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I've lost interest in Chychrun, and but think better value with a high scorer forward at # 4.
Tzachuk, but would prefer Nylander or McLeod.
Some say the Leafs need a high end Dman but there seem to many to chose from and one is probably available at the Pens pick. Leafs are optimistic that Dermot and Neilson are NHLer soon and Valiev of the Marlies has really progressed and may be Leaf next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad