Poll 1: If we land in the 4th draft order, who do we take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azura

Nov 16, 2007
I know that one of the Leafs scouts loves him....the concern is his shoulder.

And how is that?

I don't want to go near Chychrun. His lack of development is a huge red flag.

Very surprised at the reaction to Tkachuk.

He is someone I would definitely want to go to war with come playoff time and has top line potential. Last I looked our forward group looking pretty soft as well.

Yes, thank you! I don't know why some are so against him. I've seen him play live and he is going to be an nhler no question, plus the skill is there.

Last edited:

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Yes, thank you! I don't know why some are so against him. I've seen him play live and he is going to be an nhler no question, plus the skill is there.

Expectations. Tkachuk is great if you're picking 5th or 6th. We've had our eyes on a top 3 pick for so long now.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Went with Tkachuk but fully admit I am not as up on these guys as many of you here. Why ?

Size, Genes, Physicality. We could use some guys in our top six who bring some physicality to the table. Relatives of NHLers have some advantages too in terms of knowing what is required to get and stay at the top level. Really though if we are drafting out of the top three I would not mind a defenseman but none pencil in nicely here.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Sergachev. His the full package and I view him as the best d available, his underrated a bit IMO.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If possible somehow trade down to say 7 and get the Pitt pick up to say 10 and get 2 of that next group. Say Juolevi and Sergachev/Gauthier

Unlikely that's possible though without some convoluted 3 way trade because other team would have to have 2 top 10 picks which is not likely to happen.

If I'm forced to pick someone at 4 it's Chychrun

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Pierre-Luc Dubois: 6'3" 200+. Great all-around game, can play centre, goes to the net, uses his size with the puck.

edit: merged thread. blah

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I think we all need to be prepared for the very real possibility that if disaster strikes and we get the 4th pick, it's going to be traded

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
If possible somehow trade down to say 7 and get the Pitt pick up to say 10 and get 2 of that next group. Say Juolevi and Sergachev/Gauthier

Unlikely that's possible though without some convoluted 3 way trade because other team would have to have 2 top 10 picks which is not likely to happen.

If I'm forced to pick someone at 4 it's Chychrun

Gauthier's projection seems all over the table.... what's his current draft projection range?

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
leafs need an elite defensive defender, an elite D in our defensive zone, that can contend with the top offensive lines and players in hockey

these players are insanely hard to find, but they have qualities to look for...first u gotta be tall big and strong, like 6'2-6'4, and be athletic not just big, and most importantly skate with smoothness and elite speed in that big athletic body

chychrun at 4 shows these characteristics and potential...his offense so far isn't amazing but its still very good, still around top 5 in ohl scoring for D...your best shutdown defensive D doesnt even need amazing offense

i love nylanders skill at 4...and tkachuk complements this team, hes like an lot better leivo or grittier jvr...but i dont think i can pass on a potential elite defensive D

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
For me it is Matthews, Laine, Chychrun and Puljujarvi. And after that Dubois, Nylander and Sergachyov. So I would take anyone of the first 4 mentioned and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad