Post-Game Talk: Politicians at The Can | Stranger wants a beatdown. More at 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
O'Reilly does fantastic on the wing, it's going to be his position going forward. MacKinnon has played a lot of wing this season though his future is likely at center. We want to keep them all if possible. I could see interest in Yakupov but not really for either of the centers though.

I do love this team as a team, I don't want to see anyone go. Heard an interview with Duchene yesterday where he said he's extremely close with Stastny, thought that was interesting. I'm not as desperate for a move as some are. I consider the human element with this team. It will be huge for these guys to be successful together. A lot of them have great relationships. O'Reilly hangs a lot with MacKinnon. I don't want to see any of it broken up.

Last edited:

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
O'Reilly does fantastic on the wing, it's going to be his position going forward. MacKinnon has played a lot of wing this season though his future is likely at center. We want to keep them all if possible. I could see interest in Yakupov but not really for either of the centers though.

I do love this team as a team, I don't want to see anyone go. Heard an interview with Duchene yesterday where he said he's extremely close with Stastny, thought that was interesting. I'm not as desperate for a move as some are. I consider the human element with this team. It will be huge for these guys to be successful together. A lot of them have great relationships. O'Reilly hangs a lot with MacKinnon. I don't want to see any of it broken up.

I was thinking about this last night. Stas didnt do so hot after Stewart was traded.. I like this current forward core.. With our cap room, we could buy a d upgrade in the FA Market, albeit so far not looking like a good year, or pick up a D Man from a seller at the deadline for picks/prospects. I think. I don't know It's entirely situationally based.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, if we're forced to move one I'd look for a first and a good dman prospect for staz like the standard rental deal, or a comparable defender for ROR.

So something like O'Reilly and a third liner from Nashville to Edmonton, Eberle and Gagner to the Preds, and Josi our way.

How many 3 way deals have happened in the last 10 years? I see these proposed all the time, but they just never happen.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I was thinking about this last night. Stas didnt do so hot after Stewart was traded.. I like this current forward core.. With our cap room, we could buy a d upgrade in the FA Market, albeit so far not looking like a good year

It's funny how almost every off-season is never a good off-season for really good d-men. They're something that very rarely makes it to the market.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How many 3 way deals have happened in the last 10 years? I see these proposed all the time, but they just never happen.

Well we did benefit and use one to send Quincey to the red wings lol. But I get your point realistically I'd be content with a guy like Edler who needs a change of scenery or a guy like enstrom who's in staz's age bracket if we're forced to trade O'Reilly, but Josi would be my dream target, Ryan would be exactly what the oilers need up front, and ebs would be that high caliber offensive winger that the preds have only ever had with Rads. Just seems like the rare 3-way that makes more sense to the three teams than any individual one on one trades.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We're the Oilers of GDT's. It's a rebuild period. Posters just have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad