Speculation: POLE: What does McLoed sign for / get awarded?

What does McLoed sign for / get awarded?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
With Aug 4 rapidly approaching, there should be a resolution within the next 7-8 days.

What will the AAV be? It will be a 1 or 2 year term so I left that out of the pole.

C7ABD344-B78F-4DFF-A7B1-D03040D6DAB1.gif

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
If it’s too much and they still have to sign Bouchard and don’t have enough left to sign him then bye bye McLeod and I’m okay with that! :dunno:
Yup overpaying McLeod = another Pulju/Yamo situation. He's only valuable because he's cheap

Reactions: Duke74

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
McLeod should be awarded nincompoop of the year award for pressing the Oilers for more money than he's worth when the Oilers clearly don't have the cap space available to give him that money.

He's actively forcing himself off of the Edmonton Oilers. Too bad there isn't an easy out to accommodate him.

• Haha
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
He's going to get more than Kostin, and personally I'd way rather have him on the roster than McLeod.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's going to get more than Kostin, and personally I'd way rather have him on the roster than McLeod.
You build teams down the middle. McLeod wasn't that great this year but was stellar the year previous. He has potential to be a fantastic 3C. He's worth rolling the dice with again

Reactions: capazzo

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
1.5 for 2 or hes traded, that simple
normally I'd disagree, but I feel we could take a tough stand with McLeod since we could take the time to push Holloway into that role. It does really suck to have to bleed talent every year it seems. The cap is really a harsh reality. Having to pay to move a decent player like Yamamoto is also crazy, and having that cost be Kostin, erasing a great trade Holland did.

McLeod is a really, really promising young talent. But, his role would be 3C so there's a limit to how much we can sacrifice. But how small of an issue can we toss away McLeod for? Just to be able to carry an extra skater? Just to push for 1 extra year on Bouchard? Just these type of things to walk away from a promising young talent who could be a dream 3C...

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
normally I'd disagree, but I feel we could take a tough stand with McLeod since we could take the time to push Holloway into that role. It does really suck to have to bleed talent every year it seems. The cap is really a harsh reality. Having to pay to move a decent player like Yamamoto is also crazy, and having that cost be Kostin, erasing a great trade Holland did.

McLeod is a really, really promising young talent. But, his role would be 3C so there's a limit to how much we can sacrifice. But how small of an issue can we toss away McLeod for? Just to be able to carry an extra skater? Just to push for 1 extra year on Bouchard? Just these type of things to walk away from a promising young talent who could be a dream 3C...
Dream 3C, who are you talking about?

I'd trade Ryan McLeod for Jack McBain who just signed for 2 years at 1.6M. McBain is a better center than McLeod.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Dream 3C, who are you talking about?

I'd trade Ryan McLeod for Jack McBain who just signed for 2 years at 1.6M. McBain is a better center than McLeod.
They are both promising young 3C types who could become great players. I could see how McLeods great playoffs in 2022 pushes him ahead of McBain, but it's marginal. Either way, McBain isn't for sale and we have McLeod.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I'm curious to see if we see a deal signed prior to the Frederic arbitration. If the arbitrator splits the difference of the 1.4-2.9 that would be 2.15 which would absolutely ruin any negotiating power McLeod would have.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
idk what I'm missing but McLeod is gonna be 24 when the seasons start with a career high of 23 pts. He isn't a face off ace and doesn't really excel in any part of the game except skating

overpaying a player like him is a mistake, he isn't special tbh. at the right price, i'd like to keep him around but theres a lot of better players out there

Reactions: Duke74

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
idk what I'm missing but McLeod is gonna be 24 when the seasons start with a career high of 23 pts. He isn't a face off ace and doesn't really excel in any part of the game except skating

overpaying a player like him is a mistake, he isn't special tbh. at the right price, i'd like to keep him around but theres a lot of better players out there
he's a lot more than a fast skater. He's becoming a very good center.

The issue I have is not that I'm worried about overpaying McLeod. It's not being able to afford a fair price for McLeod. Part of this is just being a good team in a tight cap era. It hurts to have to walk away from Kostin. I feel like a lot of people are talking down McLeod, maybe because we are hoping he will sign for like 1.5 million. So we are supposed to happy to walk away from him if the arbitrator gives him 2 million or a bit more? If we have to toss away a promising young player over 500 k, okay I guess but it's wearing. It sucks to have to just bleed draft picks and young players constantly. I thought we had to accept losing Kostin because we wanted to give priority to McLeod.

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
he's a lot more than a fast skater. He's becoming a very good center.

The issue I have is not overpaying McLeod. It's not being able to afford a fair price for McLeod. Part of this is just being a good team in a tight cap era. It hurts to have to walk away from Kostin. I feel like a lot of people are talking down McLeod, maybe because we are hoping he will sign for like 1.5 million. So we are supposed to happy to walk away from him if the arbitrator gives him 2 million or a bit more? If we have to toss away a promising young player over 500 k, okay I guess but it's wearing. It sucks to have to just bleed draft picks and young players constantly. I thought we had to accept losing Kostin because we wanted to give priority to McLeod.
No he's not.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I think its 2. If I wanted to be right, I’d have gone 2-2.25, but since I want 1.75-2.00 to be right I voted for that. Hopefully its not a dollar over 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad