@ Nsh - W (6-1)
@ Phi - L (4-1)
Jets - OTL (3-2)
@ Min - L (7-4)
NYR - L (3-0)
Cal (Heritage Classic) - W (5-2)
Dal - L (4-3)
Nsh (Afternoon game) - L (5-2)

4 on the road, 6 at home, no back to backs.

I got them going 8-1-1 including the obligatory road loss in Minnesota for 17 points in the 1st 10 games.

I’ll do these poles for every 10 games. See who can prognosticate the best by seasons end!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I dont see any GDT thread...this is stupid that if I block someone the thread cannot be seen or have an option to see them...
Probably the same problem as me, having the thread starter on block.

There are going to be some "happy folks" tonight. Though a pretty pathetic performance.

Oh well, it's a long assed year

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Fair, now that they're through their preseason, maybe better? lol.
I freaking hope so. If we don't see a whole bunch of piss and vinegar on Saturday, I will be genuinely concerned. And I fully expect our core guys, especially McDavid and Draisaitl to take a large step up in their games and effort to lead them.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I freaking hope so. If we don't see a whole bunch of piss and vinegar on Saturday, I will be genuinely concerned. And I fully expect our core guys, especially McDavid and Draisaitl to take a large step up in their games and effort to lead them.
In a "positive" it's as bad a game McDavid has played in a decade, so he absolutely will be better. I suspect the team will as well.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Buggo the Pole Cat is pretty worried we’re down 0-2 to start the year but he’s got Cat Anxiety. I told him it would be ok and gave him a treat and some catnip so he’s ok now.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
2 points out of 8 vs non playoff teams to start the season was not what most had in mind around here.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Man my Presidents Trophy dream might be dead already. I knew it was delusional of me to think that for once the Oilers could start out strong and sustain it. Especially considering Hollands do nothing offseason. Looking like we’ll need that long runway once again to find our game… which means our chances of making it past teams like the Knights or Avs will be about the same as the last time out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad