Confirmed with Link: Polak suspended two games for boarding

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Meh. It's a dumb suspension. 5 and a game was enough. That said, losing Polak won't exactly hurt us much. Not a big deal.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I'll take it. Let's set this as a precedent. If the Leafs face Columbus in the playoffs, all the Leafs have to do is turn last second and fall over like a soccer player. Columbus needs hitting more then the Leafs do.

Between Wayne Maki's stick swinging incident and Todd Bertuzzi's sucker punch... the most scariest thing I've seen a player do was Brandon Dubinsky break his stick on the back of Crosby's neck. That got him one game. Polak with two? Somethings seriously wrong.

https://youtu.be/LKIKf7PXjnQ

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Department of American Player Safety at it again. Protecting their country and their interests.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I'll take it. Let's set this as a precedent. If the Leafs face Columbus in the playoffs, all the Leafs have to do is turn last second and fall over like a soccer player. Columbus needs hitting more then the Leafs do.

Between Wayne Maki's stick swinging incident and Todd Bertuzzi's sucker punch... the most scariest thing I've seen a player do was Brandon Dubinsky break his stick on the back of Crosby's neck. That got him one game. Polak with two? Somethings seriously wrong.

https://youtu.be/LKIKf7PXjnQ

Would've been more if it wasn't in the Playoffs I assume.

member 262271

Didn't like the hit. If Bjorkstrand was okay however I doubt there was a major or suspension. Way she goes.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
5 minute major, game misconduct, and 2 games for that?

Seems over the top.

The Sosh hit on Bergeron was just as bad - if not worse - than that.

DOPS and the NHL being reactionary to player injuries again

Difference was that Bergeron didn't stay down. If he had flopped around like a fish for a few minutes, that's a two game suspension. The inconsistency is maddening:

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
The league is rigged, they obviously want the Bruins to be in the playoffs instead of the Leafs!!!!
:sarcasm:

But yeah, this is a joke. The hit on Marner was just as bad and they scored right after too..

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Difference was that Bergeron didn't stay down. If he had flopped around like a fish for a few minutes, that's a two game suspension. The inconsistency is maddening:

First I've seen of the Sosh hit. Ya, he was in the wrong, but that wasn't a viscous hit. More of a push. Polak with a two game suspension, sorry, but I call horse hockey.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This, what a joke! From now on, Babcock better go ****ing crazy every time one of our guys gets boarded.

It was Torts big mouth that got the suspension.

Exactly....that is a horrible suspension. The 5 Minute major was more then enough.

Looked back at when we resigned Polak I hated it, but I have to admit that he has been a beast this year, far better then the two years previous. It is a big loss.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Lots of tinfoil hats in this thread. The league is horribly inconsistent with this kind of call, but Polak did drill the guy right in the numbers straight into the boards. Hyman took an even worse hit later in the game chasing down an icing though, and there was no call on that.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Department of American Player Safety at it again. Protecting their country and their interests.

If you honestly believe the NHL is crooked, why are you still watching?

And if you don't honestly believe it, why post it?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Have to see how the PK does.

I'm not in favour of re-signing Hunlak.

I would consider re-signing Hunwick, he's actually a very solid #5 and moves the puck well and skates well, and can be had for cheap. He's brought a lot of stability to that third pairing. I would definitely move on from Polak however.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
5 minute major, game misconduct, and 2 games for that?

Seems over the top.

The Sosh hit on Bergeron was just as bad - if not worse - than that.

DOPS and the NHL being reactionary to player injuries again

Yeah, it seems a little harsh. I was surprised he had a hearing, never mind suspended.

Too bad, he's played really well lately. He'll be missed.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
A little excessive but Polak always has these borderline dangerous plays

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
If you honestly believe the NHL is crooked, why are you still watching?

And if you don't honestly believe it, why post it?

You should have a long, long talk with Killion about how crooked this league was and still is.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
I thought the 5 min major was more than enough.

I don't like Polak but he lined up the shoulder and Bjorkstrand turned at the last second.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I would consider re-signing Hunwick, he's actually a very solid #5 and moves the puck well and skates well, and can be had for cheap. He's brought a lot of stability to that third pairing. I would definitely move on from Polak however.

the thing is some think dermott will be ready for a bottom pair role and he is LHD, we don't have a RHD nearly ready so hunwick should be more of a easy no from us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad