Confirmed with Link: Polak suspended two games for boarding

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I wonder if it will be appealed? It probably was a bit of an overreaction by the league, but I don't care much for Polak anyway. I wonder what the rationale for the suspension? It was kind of a borderline penalty because it appeared the player turned his back to what was going to be a legal shoulder to shoulder check, the turning his back to Polak is what caused the hit on the numbers.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Eh. Seems a bit much, but oh well. Of course I don't get the rules on boarding in the NHL. 2-3 hits like that seemed to happen in the last game and yet only one was a penalty. Maybe if they called it consistently we wouldn't see things like this happening.

Sucks for Polak, but is what it is. Probably have Marchenko fill in for 2 games and get back to it next week.

Mar 26, 2010
lol. shouldn't have even been a penalty.

This, what a joke! From now on, Babcock better go ****ing crazy every time one of our guys gets boarded.

It was Torts big mouth that got the suspension.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
5 minute major, game misconduct, and 2 games for that?

Seems over the top.

The Sosh hit on Bergeron was just as bad - if not worse - than that.

DOPS and the NHL being reactionary to player injuries again

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Really?

It should have been a 2 for boarding IMO

Heck, I can even accept the 5 and a game.

But 2 games in a critical time of the season like this?

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
A hit that happens multiple times every single game. Player with no history who also got 5 minute major + a game misconduct for the hit...

You can tell DOPS has no idea what they are doing in that office. Bunch of clueless people probably rolling a dice and just suspending for whatever random number comes up.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
lol. shouldn't have even been a penalty.

+++
Hit on Marner was worse and there was no penalty. They went by result of hit, but it was legal hit even though result was unfortunate. Polak got 5 minutes (which turned into 7 minutes because everyone was confused why there was even a penalty) and game misconduct. That was already way over what that hit deserved. To add 2 games suspension on top of that is act that ruins DOPS credibility. Just stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad