Confirmed with Link: Polak and Spaling to San Jose for Torres and 2nd round picks (2017&2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Brennan is making big bucks with a great contract. He is definitely an interesting situation.

I would love to catch some Marlie playoff games.

I am a bit concerned about Willy, he doesn't seem to be doing all that well. Hope he gets his mojo back.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He's put up 23 points in 46 NHL games. As a defensemen. That's 0.5ppg, that's good for someone who's "offense doesn't translate" if he can put the rest together, he's an NHLer for sure. He's a project at this point, he's only 26, 27 in April, Bozak was what? 25 when he debuted and he's a "proven NHLer" Brennan is going to get a chance somewhere and prove people wrong.

Wrong he has 23 PIMS .....he has had 12 points and a minus 16 in those 46 games...he is a giveaway machine in the NHL. Can not process the game at the speed required.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Brennan is making big bucks with a great contract. He is definitely an interesting situation.

I would love to catch some Marlie playoff games.

I am a bit concerned about Willy, he doesn't seem to be doing all that well. Hope he gets his mojo back.

Most teams are going to tight up on him. Especially down the stretch. AHL is very much like NHL when it comes to management and scouting. He has to learn to fight through it

Also, there are a lot of players going and coming from the Leafs. That maybe a factor.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

In what way? Have you noticed something while watching?

His numbers since returning are pretty good he's over a point per game in the 8 games since coming back from the concussion/appendicitis.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Why was this thread bumped, my heart dropped thought we did another trade :laugh:

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
With SJ on the verge of getting to the finals, does anyone know for sure if their pick upgrades to a first round? I heard some things about conditions being making it to the finals or winning the cup but nothing concrete.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
With SJ on the verge of getting to the finals, does anyone know for sure if their pick upgrades to a first round? I heard some things about conditions being making it to the finals or winning the cup but nothing concrete.

Don't think so.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in the Reimer deal, if SJ makes the finals, the 4th becomes a 3rd.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

There is no conditions on the Polak to SJ trade picks, this one is finalized.

There is a condition on the Reimer to SJ trade pick. The 4th rounder the leafs received for Reimer becomes a 3rd round pick if SJ makes the final.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
It would be a free 3rd because Reimer has nothing to do with thier run. That was a strange condition to add

I am still going to say those 2 deals should be considered "combined" until I am blue in the face.

SJ wanted to amplify the Dmen market by "Overpaying" on Polak; when in reality both trades were done. Savvy Management moves and looks to be paying off.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think if SJ doesn't re-sign Polak the Leafs might bring him back.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was back in Toronto next year as Leafs need some team toughness.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
You can't use another team's pick for management compensation. Has to be your own teams pick. Either way, the 3rd would help soften the blow of not having their own 3rd round pick.

Actually no you can use another teams pick in the same round as compensation. So this 3rd will likely be used.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You can't use another team's pick for management compensation. Has to be your own teams pick. Either way, the 3rd would help soften the blow of not having their own 3rd round pick.

I think that's only true for offer sheet compensation.

We should be able to use the SJ 3rd (if they make the finals) for the Devils compensation.

The 3rd to the Wings for Babcock needs to happen by 2017, so we'll need to forfeit our own in that year.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I think that's only true for offer sheet compensation.

We should be able to use the SJ 3rd (if they make the finals) for the Devils compensation.

The 3rd to the Wings for Babcock needs to happen by 2017, so we'll need to forfeit our own in that year.

we don't have to give them our 3rd round pick. can be any one.

Mad Brills*

I think if SJ doesn't re-sign Polak the Leafs might bring him back.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was back in Toronto next year as Leafs need some team toughness.

nope.

He's overrated and i'd rather get a not ****** dman who doesn't go nuts for no reason.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Actually no you can use another teams pick in the same round as compensation. So this 3rd will likely be used.

1/2 right.

You can use another teams 3rd rounder ONLY if it is earlier than Leaf own as compensation. However why would the Leafs do that?

It would make more sense to use the earlier pick themselves and give away their own as compensation.

Leafs getting another 3rd themselves later on (SJ pick) after their own would ease the pain of giving up their own pick a little.

Leafs own pick this year is #91 (1st pick of the 3rd round so there isn't any 3rd round picks possible to come before) so we are talking 2017 and 2018 for Babs and Lou Lam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad