Confirmed with Link: Polak and Spaling to San Jose for Torres and 2nd round picks (2017&2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Sure, they are all available, but aside from Bozak (and Komarov, Kadri, JVR) and Parenteau (maybe Grabner or Hunwick) I'd honestly be surprised if anyone wants the rest. We still need bodies to play for us too.

Maybe Bernier at 50% :laugh:

I was honestly surprised at what Lou has done already, so I have hope.. :)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
But NHL teams know Brennan, he's not a 20yr old prospect. At best we get a 5th rounder for him, which at this point makes zero sense based on where he plays with the Marlies.

I don't need to watch videos to know how good they are. I'm already aware.

We're already hurting the Marlies for 4-6 weeks by trading away the roster players for a Raffi Torres. The chain reaction of that sees the Marlies lose the guys we call up. We need to be careful to not take all the leadership the Marlies have away from them.

Keeping a Brennan in place is a much smarter move, in my opinion. We want that group to have success together, and he helps them achieve that success

MANY D-men are later bloomers, more than forwards... and even more so, with goalies..

Brennan has gotten better defensively, but we have others on the Marlies who are already much better.., that way..

Johnson, Arcobello, Campbell and others are providing leadership, too.. The Marlies team is so stocked right now, that fourth line and first line can trade places and still keep winning games..

Sure.. I'd like to see him stay for the Cup run, but I would be open to a great offer, that meant more picks for us in the top three rounds.., with him in a package deal..

And by the way, reviewing video is quite prevalent right now.., as we all miss things and forget other things..
It's a point of reference..

OvenMittz*

Brennan is just such an odd player to me.

I'm scared of trading him away and he ends up becoming a beast in the NHL.

He can put up numbers from the back end at a consistent pace in the AHL like nothing.

But he just can't translate it.. And I don't think he's been given a fair look to try.

I feel management sees something we don't and thats why he's still down there.. Just confusing player.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Id like Brennan to get a call up.

He's a beast in the AHL - and under a good coach like Babcock he can sink or swim on his own merit.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
You were expecting a 1st this year for Polak? Wake up from fantasy land there bud! we all should be ecstatic about 2 2nds. Most people were questioning if we were gonna get 1 2nd for him, plus we moved Spaling which opens up two spots for young players. Percy, Loov, Leivo, Corrado and Leipsic now get a chance to make an impression. The rebuild is just starting now really. This is the difficult part of it and at the same time exciting to watch our youth try to earn full time spots

Agree.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
Felt Polak was worth something like a 1st and a early-mid round pick. Ended up with 2 2nds, that's about equivalent value.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Did San Jose need a guy like Polak? I am not all that familiar with their defence. All I know is that they have some nice players who distribute the puck around efficiently. Its fun to watch them. Same for Chicago.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
What return can we expect for Bozak? 2nd rounder +?

Anything less than a 1st and 3rd round pick, would be undervaluing Bozak. With the trade deadline approaching, expect the price to possibly go up with multiple bidders to something like a 1st and 2nd round pick for Bozak.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
This was just a beautiful trade for us and I do miss Polak cause he a warrior and wish all the best even the big Cup if possible man. But yeah we got young players in draft choises and I would have like to seen Torres playing with Komarov but It ain't really possible cause he ain't no babcock type of player neither. And I can respect that I can respect that cause we all got komarov now and he babcock plays games even with Clune. I really respect that doing right there cause Clune got that grit and grind like that.

But yeah we moving on and keeping it real the rest of the season. Clune I hope stays up for a long time and komarov getting back is key too. We have to have that old Maple Leafs identity too. Yeah we got that Babcock key now and him doing his thing is great keeping not too many tough guys up. But we have to have like 2 or 3 guys who can get that grind on. Have to be able to hit, talk and walk that walk every season. It's not like I do any investing in this club unless that happens. I'll be investing for surely if komarov stays for the rest of his career and players like Clune (but better like Torres etc come a long. Like that tucker type y'all know what I'm talkin bout=.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
...and Spaling puts the Sharks up 1-0 with an unassisted goal! LOL

How funny is that? Doesn't score a single goal in 34 games with us, gets traded, and scores 130 seconds into his first game with sj.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Spaling and Matthias both scored in their first games with the Sharks and Av's respectively.

Just need Polak to pot one and we would see the trifecta.

FazeLeaf*

Both Nick Spaling and Shawn Matthias have scored in the Avs- Sharks game on right now.

Edit: i guess I was beat to it

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Brennan is just such an odd player to me.

I'm scared of trading him away and he ends up becoming a beast in the NHL.

He can put up numbers from the back end at a consistent pace in the AHL like nothing.

But he just can't translate it.. And I don't think he's been given a fair look to try.

I feel management sees something we don't and thats why he's still down there.. Just confusing player.

He's put up 23 points in 46 NHL games. As a defensemen. That's 0.5ppg, that's good for someone who's "offense doesn't translate" if he can put the rest together, he's an NHLer for sure. He's a project at this point, he's only 26, 27 in April, Bozak was what? 25 when he debuted and he's a "proven NHLer" Brennan is going to get a chance somewhere and prove people wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad