Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ah I see, thanks. Any idea where abouts on the map is the best spot to do max raids and have the best chance of running into a Ditto/Dreepy? And do you think max raids have better probability than farming the Lake of Outrage (spawns Ditto, Dreepy, and Drakloaks)?
It's dependent on weather but relying on raids is just as random. Even if you have the den reroll available it could give you something not native to the den.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Speaking of Dreepy's I've been breeding a ton. I know someone else was offering them but if anyone wants a 5IV Modest (for a special attack build) one I've got a solid handful of them now.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't know where Dreepy is since that was a happy accident, but here is an image showing where you can find the Ditto and the Gigantimax raids:

You can see the Ditto raid spot is to the right of the path that goes down to the daycare center, as you head away from the daycare. It is kind of tucked into a corner.

The raids have a much better chance of giving you better IVs. I think how it works is that if it is a 3 star raid, it is guaranteed at least 2 Perfect IVs, 4 star guarantees 3, 5 star guarantees 4. There is a technique to resetting the Ditto raid spot until you get the Ditto. Ditto is the only one that shows up in the darker red beam. So you first save the game. Then you put the wishing star piece or whatever in the den, and when it asks you if you want to save, say yes but right away hit the home button so that you go to the Switch home screen. As it backs out of the game, you'll see whether it is a special beam or not. If it isn't a special beam, close the game and re-enter and if you did it properly you'll be able to try again. If it is a special beam, just go back into the game and do the raid. I've gotten 3 4IV Ditto doing this so far, and I haven't really spent that much time on it.

Wow, thanks a lot for the very informative post - I'll try my hand at it now. Really appreciate it!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Speaking of Dreepy's I've been breeding a ton. I know someone else was offering them but if anyone wants a 5IV Modest (for a special attack build) one I've got a solid handful of them now.

I'd love one if you still have some.
My friend code is SW-8510-5948-6595, thanks!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
No problem. Hope you find a good ditto.

Thanks! I caught three 'amazing' Dittos, what would you recommend for breeding the ideal Dreepy?

1st one has 'best' stats in HP, Attack, Sp. Defence, and Speed; 'Very good' in Sp. Attack; and 'pretty good' in Defense, along with 4/10 in Dynamx.

2nd one has 'best' stats in HP, defense, sp. attack, and speed; 'very good' in attack; and 'decent' in Sp. defence with a dynmax level of 7/10.

3rd one has 'best' in HP, attack, and sp. defence; 'very good' defense; and 'pretty good' Sp. attack and Speed, with a dynamax level of 4/10.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks! I caught three 'amazing' Dittos, what would you recommend for breeding the ideal Dreepy?

1st one has 'best' stats in HP, Attack, Sp. Defence, and Speed; 'Very good' in Sp. Attack; and 'pretty good' in Defense, along with 4/10 in Dynamx.

2nd one has 'best' stats in HP, defense, sp. attack, and speed; 'very good' in attack; and 'decent' in Sp. defence with a dynmax level of 7/10.

3rd one has 'best' in HP, attack, and sp. defence; 'very good' defense; and 'pretty good' Sp. attack and Speed, with a dynamax level of 4/10.
You can use either of the first two, though if you're going to breed a Modest one, I'd use the 2nd one because it has the three main stats for Modest in HP, Sp.Att, and Speed. Make sure to give the Ditto a destiny knot and everstone to the Dreepy if you want more Modest ones.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
1StQpuY.jpg

40 percent chance to not pass down HA. My game likes those odds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad