Pokemon Thread #23 - Hakuna Komala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
My son is through one island. He's only had one KO, at the Ilima battle at the marina. Defeated the Totem and the Kahuna on first try. Got Litten evolved. I guess these games still are that easy :laugh:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
My son is through one island. He's only had one KO, at the Ilima battle at the marina. Defeated the Totem and the Kahuna on first try. Got Litten evolved. I guess these games still are that easy :laugh:

The team-wide experience share has made the game really easy. I turned it off, honestly.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Only took 3 Bagon eggs to hatch a modest nature one with perfect IV's in everything except attack. Feels good

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
not exactly on topic, but are there any cool sets we're running here that haven't been done to death/aren't totally predictable? obvi that happens when you only have access to the initial pokedex but jeez, everyone I battle has the same pokemon with the same tactics

I run a Bewear set with Adamant nature @lefttovers with substitute, toxic, hammer arm, and shadow claw and it's won me a lot of games.

Same with my also adamant Komala @choice scarf with Thrash, Sucker punch, woodhammer, and yawn. won a lot of games from people not expecting to get OHKO'd.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm running a jolly Dhelmise, switching between choice band and assault vest. Max attack and speed with power whip, phantom force, heavy slam, and earthquake/rock slide. I think most expect it to be slow so when it ends up outspeeding some of their guys it can do some work.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I'm running a jolly Dhelmise, switching between choice band and assault vest. Max attack and speed with power whip, phantom force, heavy slam, and earthquake/rock slide. I think most expect it to be slow so when it ends up outspeeding some of their guys it can do some work.
What are you trying to outspeed though?

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Can't win one battle in the battle tree.

Can't win a battle royale.

Can't get any bp.

Can't win in battle tree or royale without ev training, which requires power items, which require bp.

Don't know what to do.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario

Can't get any bp.

Can't win in battle tree or royale without ev training, which requires power items, which require bp.

Don't know what to do.
Keep grinding 1 literal BP at a time.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

Can't get any bp.

Don't know what to do.
You can EV train the first few without the power items. Or you could use Poke Pelago. Both take longer than with the battle items, but its not an awful spot to start.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I mean how can you not win ONE battle in the Tree? I'm not great (and not using EV trained mons) but still can at least get a few W's

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I used Garchomp @ Life Orb (you can get one for free from a Z-trainer) and he very nearly solo'd 20 in a row at Battle Tree. The others were Golisopod (priority abuse) and Salazzle (unconditional Toxic, Z-Fire).

EV training without Power Items isn't impossible, it's just tedious. Pokerus is more important. Get an awesome first Pokemon, grind the hour or whatever it takes to get it's stats up, and have him do all the work.

If you have Island Scan, get an Aegislash or Azumarill. Otherwise Scizor/Dragonite/Chansey (eviolite)/Clefable are good bets.

Just train an OU mon from scratch, sucks but there's really not much else to do when you're getting started.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oh yeah, I wasn't asking for advice, I was just curious.

I'm running Bulu with choice band.

Not super rare, but not a lot of people expect to get ohko by wood hammer.

It literally OHKO's anything that doesn't resists and doesn't have ridiculous bulk.

Guaranteed 2hko on Ferrothorn, guaranteed OHKO on Chansey's,

252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 123-145 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The only thing it doesn't take down are the likes of Mega Scizor, Mega Venus and others.

The lack of a fairy physical stab hurts him, and then you have one spot to run mega horn, stone edge or horn leech... Horn leech and stone edge are probably the two best options.

Bulu (And all the Tapu's) have a lot of sets that can be run. Tapu BulStall @Leftovers Leechseed/Hornleech/Sub/Bulup/BrickBreak/Protect defensive nature and defensively invested is probably an hilarious staller, coupled with something that can heal bell and a mantine or something like that.

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
just ran into a Stockpile/ChestoRest Walrein. Please send help.

Rest
Snore
Frost Breath
Stockpile

he's at +3 Stockpile and Rests any time he gets near 1/4 health. Wakes up exactly when he needs to. This hax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad