Pokemon Thread #20: It's getting closer to Sun/Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Do we even know what Hyper Training does exactly? Does it max every single IVs? Or just one? Or it just improves an IV by X points for each bottle cap?

In any way, I think the item required for hyper training will be quite rare, maybe only when you transfer a pokemon from RBY or for event legendaries (like Magearna)

The website suggests that the caps boosts the Individual Values. Whether the cap increases one stat, or all of them simultaneously remains to be seen.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Anyone want a Ralts? :sarcasm:

I have over 700 of them. I'm trying to get perfect IVs (with 0 in attack). I've gotten a grand total of... five... :(

Timid or Modest, any ability, Timid ones have egg moves

Let me know if you want one.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I think it is going to be interesting to see how the competitive scene changes with the new games. It'll be the first time I've really been involved in that side of the game when a new game comes out. We saw it a little bit when ORAS came out and introduced a bunch of new Megas, but a bunch of new Pokemon should produce a more significant shift. I've seen most of the new Pokemon, but I don't know any of their abilities (done this on purpose, please no spoiling), so I'm not sure how competitive it seems they are going to be, but it should be fun.

Not sure how many new Pokemon have been announced at this point, but apparently they are doing another info dump next week. I really wish they would stop. I'm trying to stay away from spoilers but it's not working very well. I think I've managed to keep some of the new ones a secret from myself, but I'm not sure. Just seems like they've released a lot of information already at this point.

Also, I'm really burnt out on the legendary SRing. Anyone know how many you can backlog with the girl that gives them to you? I think I have almost 10 in one of my games at this point.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Also, I'm really burnt out on the legendary SRing. Anyone know how many you can backlog with the girl that gives them to you? I think I have almost 10 in one of my games at this point.

Pretty sure it's based on how much wonder card space you have left. As of Gen VI, you have a maximum space of 24 wonder cards (assuming you don't delete them). Good to note that you don't want to delete the Wonder Card until after you acquire the event, as that would delete the gift in the backlog.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Pretty sure it's based on how much wonder card space you have left. As of Gen VI, you have a maximum space of 24 wonder cards (assuming you don't delete them). Good to note that you don't want to delete the Wonder Card until after you acquire the event, as that would delete the gift in the backlog.
Okay, thanks. I think I have lots of space left then.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Guess who's going to start masudaing again soon, this guy.

Also, this thread is much more civil compared to the Pokemon Go thread :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Guess who's going to start masudaing again soon, this guy.

Also, this thread is much more civil compared to the Pokemon Go thread :laugh:

If you miss that level of hostility, I could always call you a soul-sucking worthless husk of wasted DNA. :sarcasm:

I've been going back and forth between trying to masuda myself a teal Noibat and trying to get caught up on my backlog of legendaries ahead of Arceus (I'm almost done on OR. Only like 3x each of Manaphy, Shaymin, the XY Trio, and a set of birds to go :laugh:)

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I've been playing LC a lot lately. It's so much fun. A real nice change of pace from OU.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Hax ratio (below 1 = equal, above 1 = i have haxed more, below 0 = my opponents have haxed more) for the last week (>200 battles) : 0.21

welcome to my life

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
After getting Shiny Dratini, I think I'm going to breed for Hoenn's starters.
I'm going for Tepig

Edit: ****, I have to get a female reckless Tepig, it's going to take a while. I have terrible luck with getting the genders I want.

I'll probably start with Fennekin then

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I think it is going to be interesting to see how the competitive scene changes with the new games. It'll be the first time I've really been involved in that side of the game when a new game comes out. We saw it a little bit when ORAS came out and introduced a bunch of new Megas, but a bunch of new Pokemon should produce a more significant shift. I've seen most of the new Pokemon, but I don't know any of their abilities (done this on purpose, please no spoiling), so I'm not sure how competitive it seems they are going to be, but it should be fun.

Not sure how many new Pokemon have been announced at this point, but apparently they are doing another info dump next week. I really wish they would stop. I'm trying to stay away from spoilers but it's not working very well. I think I've managed to keep some of the new ones a secret from myself, but I'm not sure. Just seems like they've released a lot of information already at this point.

I'm also very interested to see how it will change.

Besides the new Pokémon, we must not forget that new moves will be introduced, obviously, and older Pokémon will also get access to those. Same could happen with the new abilities. Some already existing moves may even be added to existing Pokémon movepools (again, same with abilities, but it would surprise me a bit more - the moves can be for potential new megas).

Will be interesting to see if terrains can become competitively viable too (ie. if they become accessible and easy to set up like weather) - which could be a huge game changer.
You have grass terrain which is insane for tanky stall teams because it's like leftovers (though for both party).
Electric terrain would **** up Smeargle in VGC because RIP dark void (same with the likes of sleep powder/spore and of course dark void in single).
But most importantly... Misty terrain. This is like safeguard, basically, and it halves damage done by dragon type moves, which could be huge against an opponent whose only unresisted move is a dragon type move.
Just wish they would differentiate electric and misty a bit more, though.

Other potential gamechangers ...
[spoil]are the speculated synchro evolution and/or the "special/break/ultimate/etc." moves. But I've already speculated myself about those a lot.[/spoil]

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I'm also very interested to see how it will change.

Besides the new Pokémon, we must not forget that new moves will be introduced, obviously, and older Pokémon will also get access to those. Same could happen with the new abilities. Some already existing moves may even be added to existing Pokémon movepools (again, same with abilities, but it would surprise me a bit more - the moves can be for potential new megas).

Will be interesting to see if terrains can become competitively viable too (ie. if they become accessible and easy to set up like weather) - which could be a huge game changer.
You have grass terrain which is insane for tanky stall teams because it's like leftovers (though for both party).
Electric terrain would **** up Smeargle in VGC because RIP dark void (same with the likes of sleep powder/spore and of course dark void in single).
But most importantly... Misty terrain. This is like safeguard, basically, and it halves damage done by dragon type moves, which could be huge against an opponent whose only unresisted move is a dragon type move.
Just wish they would differentiate electric and misty a bit more, though.

Other potential gamechangers ...
[spoil]are the speculated synchro evolution and/or the "special/break/ultimate/etc." moves. But I've already speculated myself about those a lot.[/spoil]
Yeah, that is true too. I'm hoping that they mix up what egg moves are available to some Pokemon again, just because I enjoy breeding for egg moves. I never really looked into the different terrains so it might be interesting to see them become more viable.

At this point I just want a new game. ORAS didn't really scratch that itch for me, so it feels like it has been a long time.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm going for Tepig

Edit: ****, I have to get a female reckless Tepig, it's going to take a while. I have terrible luck with getting the genders I want.

Good luck getting a female Reckless Tepig. I'll give you a 0.00% chance of hatching one. :sarcasm:

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I'm going for Tepig

A Male one would be fine, no?

But damn, I also have a Shiny Reckless Emboar. That pig is glorious.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Wait, if I breed a male reckless Tepig with female Tepig that has Sucker Punch, can I be able to get a reckless Tepig with Sucker Punch? I haven't bred in so long, I forgot everything.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Wait, if I breed a male reckless Tepig with female Tepig that has Sucker Punch, can I be able to get a reckless Tepig with Sucker Punch? I haven't bred in so long, I forgot everything.
Not if the female doesn't have Reckless.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Needs to be the other way around. Female with Thick Fat (Reckless) and male with Sucker Punch.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Nope. Abilities only pass down from a male if they breed with Ditto (and at a much lower rate. Like 25% or something). As soon as you have a female in the mix it takes over the passing down of abilities and the male no longer matters at all in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad