Pokemon go thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
No invite for me, but my friends and their kid will be out of town tonight, so they asked me to log into the kid's account to do the ExRaid. I feel a little more pressure trying to make the kid's day.

Managed to catch it, but naturally there were some speed bumps. At some point last night, the login for Pokemon Trainer Club went down. I went to the raid location, but couldn't get into my friend's account. I started reading the Niantic twitter account and it seemed like a few folks in other time zones completely missed their Mewtwo window because of the bug.

Expectedly, everybody else started the raid right after the window started. My friend's on Instinct, so unfortunately I wasn't able to join up with that group for the maximum number of balls.

Eventually all the PTC people were able to log in, but we didn't have enough to comfortably split. I ended up with 7 balls, caught it on the third. Friend said her son screamed in excitement on the train when I sent over the screenshot.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I really like this event, I was able to snag a HitmonTop(Well HP Tyrouge) and Miltank out of the event eggs leaving me with only Unknown and regional s to capture

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Looking forward to dropping a lucky egg on Sunday for the new beast and hopefully doing two raids in close proximity. I've been saving a handful of evolutions for pokedex entries for 3x XP.

By next week, I think I'll be missing Mewtwo, Forretress, Girafig, Aerodactyl, and the regionals. I booked a December trip to Vietnam which will stop in Japan both ways. So hopefully I can get a Farfetch'd at the airport during the layover.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
North American Pokedex is complete after catching Unown last week, evolving a Porygon, and catching Heracross and Corsola in Florida. Unfortunately, I didn't catch a good IV Heracross, but hopefully next time. Pinsir is pretty common in the areas I saw a lot of Heracross too. Just waiting on an EX raid pass for Mewtwo.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I've gotten 3 Larvitars out of the event eggs but all under 90% so I'm pretty annoyed. My best get has been a 91% Lapras with what I can only assume is the lowest possible CP a Lapras with 91% IV out of an egg can have.

Now I have nothing but 5x 10km eggs and 3x 5km eggs so I probably won't get too many 2km opportunities from here on out. The double stardust has definitely helped pump up my high IV Golem and Alakazam.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I got zero 10k eggs in the last month. Event starts, I get four in the last week. COME ON!

Within a million XP of level 40. I can't wait to not play this game so much with the exception of legendaries and event times and new generations.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The legendary dogs rotated today. Entei now spawning in North America. Not sure what the other other regions got. Went to my first raid in quite a while today. Took it down with 7 people and I don't think any of us caught it. I found a discord group for San Jose, but there's just way too many people involved and almost always start without waiting for everyone. Makes me miss my facebook group back home. At least with facebook you can put a name to a face and know if that person is there or not.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I already caught a 93% Entei, pretty happy. I also have a 93% Raikou that I finally started powering up now that I know I can't catch a better one. I'm 2 for 3 on Enteis today. I'm not sure how many times I'm going to go for them now though, I'm pretty burned out on raiding lately and so is my Facebook group.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
1/1 on entei. Got invited away from the Golden Knights game but well worth it cause 95.7%.

Dont have to sweat buying passes to keep hunting him.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I was lucky and went 21 for 29 for Raikou, but my highest was only 93.3%. Almost everyone I know got a perfect and I couldn't get one over 1900 to save my life.
So far I'm 1 for 3 on Entei, but glad to get that monkey off my back.
It's amazing how many people come out when something new happens in this game. Last week, I would struggle to get 5 together for a Raikou and would end up with only 2 or 3 probably half the time and couldn't do it. Today, we had 40 people present when an Entei egg hatched. After our groups finished, 2 more groups showed up with probably 30 total people. And that was the first ~10 minutes. It was nuts. It reminded me of what this game was when it first came out.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I was lucky and went 21 for 29 for Raikou, but my highest was only 93.3%. Almost everyone I know got a perfect and I couldn't get one over 1900 to save my life.
So far I'm 1 for 3 on Entei, but glad to get that monkey off my back.
It's amazing how many people come out when something new happens in this game. Last week, I would struggle to get 5 together for a Raikou and would end up with only 2 or 3 probably half the time and couldn't do it. Today, we had 40 people present when an Entei egg hatched. After our groups finished, 2 more groups showed up with probably 30 total people. And that was the first ~10 minutes. It was nuts. It reminded me of what this game was when it first came out.

Yeah, I make an effort to go the first couple of days a new raid appears so I know I can get easy groups. My Facebook group was struggling to get anything towards the end of last month and today I was in a group of 20 going from raid to raid. Fortunately there were three really close to each other and I was able to get them all before I went in to work.

I feel like going a month is too long before changing it up, people get bored. I get that a week is short, maybe 2 weeks to keep things interesting.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
After the Raikou fatigue last month, I would have figured I would have no urgency for Entei. But as soon as my friend texted me that it was spawning, I found myself coordinating with others to do multiple raids. Caught the first one, but have had the next three flee. I enjoyed taking down a gym later with all six of the legendaries.

Looking forward to dropping a lucky egg on Sunday for the new beast and hopefully doing two raids in close proximity. I've been saving a handful of evolutions for pokedex entries for 3x XP.

By next week, I think I'll be missing Mewtwo, Forretress, Girafig, Aerodactyl, and the regionals. I booked a December trip to Vietnam which will stop in Japan both ways. So hopefully I can get a Farfetch'd at the airport during the layover.

Also hatched an Aerodactyl finally. Also have enough candies to evolve Pineco, but hoping to find a better IV.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
caught a trash Entei for my first

but I was on an egg and got like 3400 XP just for catching it since it was a new Dex entry plus the 20k for the raid

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Got two Chansey hatched.

Only missing Kangaskhan and Mewtwo from Gen 1. Anyone know how these Mewtwo raids work? I've been out of the country since mid September...finally will be home on Sunday.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Got two Chansey hatched.

Only missing Kangaskhan and Mewtwo from Gen 1. Anyone know how these Mewtwo raids work? I've been out of the country since mid September...finally will be home on Sunday.

As I understand it, the Exclusive Raid passes are still in test phase. Aside from the early ones, I think the recent ones have only been occurring at Sprint/Starbucks gyms due to their sponsorship. There is vague criteria about having to have completed a raid 'recently' at one of those gyms to get into the invite pool, and then it's basically a lottery as to whether you get the invite.

If you get the ExRaid invite, it'll tell you to be at a certain gym during a particular window. My friend's son got the invite, but they were out of town that night. So I got to log into his account in order to use the pass.

At least with this week, it seems quiet on the ExRaid front. I've been trying to do more raids at Sprint/Starbucks in case they roll more out.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Caught another Unown today, letter J. This after having a letter F instantly break out of a golden razz/ultra ball instantly and run yesterday (full green circle).

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Successfully solo'd a Vaporeon (Aqua Tail) today for the first time. That was a lot of fun. Did some research before hand and it only took one attempt, but it came down to the last second. Going to look into solo'ing Machamp, Alakazam and Gengar soon. Give myself a challenge to keep the game fresh. A month each for these beasts is way too long. Already tired of battling Entei.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Due to being a fan of an east coast team while living on the west coast, I have to avoid spoilers and watch the game after it's ended in real time. As a result, I try to ignore my phone out of fear of accidental spoilers.

And because of that, I missed a series of messages about a 100% wild Blissey that was an 8 minute drive from me. Drats.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Congrats. How many pokemon have you caught?

I just hit 35 a few days ago, have slowed down considerably since raids started. Was on vacation most of the last event, so hopefully the Halloween one is good. Slowly upgrading my bag space to 1500, hopefully before gen 3 launches they increase the max pokemon storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad