Pokemon go thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
here I am sitting at 34 (About 20% to 35) and cannot imagine leveling up to 40, it took about three months for 33 to 34, the only reason I am this high is a work downtown St Louis, the closest stop to my house it 2 miles and closest gym is about 5.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I wish they would announce these things further than a day or two in advance. It's already October 17th and we have no idea when the Halloween event is going to drop.

I'm guessing they do Gen 3 in waves like they did for Gen 2. First we got babies. I'm guessing we just get ghosts, maybe dark and bug as well for this event. Absol would be pretty legit. All of Gen 3 will probably come closer to Thanksgiving.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Looks like I'm scheduled for an EX Raid....in the middle of my last class on Friday. I guess I'm cutting class a half hour early.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I got one too - thankfully it's near my place of work on my lunch break. Praise RNG Gods
Same. I did at least four raids in town that are very far away, but then again mine is on a Friday so when I cur class early that will be the end of my week.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
No Mewtwo invite for me. I was with a large raid group and broke off to run and get a 96% level 30 Eevee that spawned about 15 minutes away. They continued on and did two raids before I met back up with them. Of course 1 of the 2 was at a gym that they all received Mewtwo passes for. Feelsbadman.

Showed up anyway to help out and did it 4 times across 2 devices for people that had work. Caught all 4, three on the first ball. Feelsbadman.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Got my mewtwo. All four of my friends got one too but I got the highest IV at 86.7%.

Feelsgoodman. What doesn't feel good is that Mewtwo's CP cap is insane and it's gonna cost a ton of candy and stardust to max it out. Feelsbadman

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Well that good karma was on my side....Just got a mewtwo invite for next Friday at noon at a starbucks and the girlfriend did as well :)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Got a couple duskull, shuppetts and a sableye so far. I mostly just want Gastley candy. Still have yet to get haunter or gengar.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Pinap'ing Tyranitar, Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp, etc - either as raid bosses or wild spawn - basically any 3rd evolution pokemon, results in a full double of 40 candies. Insane. Solo'd a Machamp and got 40 candies with the pinap and the same after taking down Tyranitar with a group. Been pinap'ing Houndoom all day as well for 20 candies a pop. This event is amazing.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The beasts have rotated. I keep telling myself not to rush to get a Suicune after ending up with 24 Entei last month.

Picked up 100% Eevee (level 30), Miltank (level 30), and Girafarig (level 14) over the weekend. Pinap'd a couple Tyranitars.

On the down side.......

....I had a friend from LA visiting for work. She doesn't know anybody who plays up there, so I'd been taking her raiding with my regular group.

Last Tuesday, I took her for an Entei raid and she wasn't able to catch it for her Pokedex entry. There wasn't another one too close, but the rest of the group was headed for an Entei at a Starbucks sponsored gym 20-25 minutes away.

My friend didn't want to go since she had to drive back to LA afterwards. So we ended up having dinner nearby instead.

And everybody in my group who went ended up getting the ExRaid pass a few days later.

Also missed out on an R unown which spawned ~5 minutes from my place yesterday. It was futile, but I tried to get through rush hour traffic to get there. [/firstworldproblems]

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Went a cool 5/21 on Entei. The vast majority of the ones I didn't catch were low CP, and I wasn't willing to waste lots of golden razz on them. By far the most low CP of any legendary (which made me keep doing raids trying to get one over 90%).

Best I was able to get were two identical 1901s at 87%. Had a 1922 run.

Not a single Suicuine spawn tonight after the switch in like 4-5 surrounding towns.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Folks who read this thread probably already know about the raid boss rotation. Disappointing additions to say the least, although I do anticipate doing some Ivysaur, Wartortle, and Charmeleons. Since I didn't start the game until later, I missed out on hatching the starters out of eggs. So I haven't really had a high IV one outside of a 91% Charizard I got out of a raid.

8/8 on Suicune thus far, unfortunately all of them have been average/below average. Meanwhile an inordinate amount of my friends have gotten a 1613.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
At least they kept the more desirable t3 and t4 bosses. Tier one is about the only change I expected besides Metapod. I will be doing Wartortle raids in my attempt for a 100%.

I'm ok with the T2 changes, just mixing them up. T3 is ok, I've never hatched a Porygon, so I'll try to do those just for a good IV one.

T4 is the disappointment. I thought we'd get the gen 2 starters on their final form in T4 along with Dragonite for Tyranitar (I'll take Tyranitar staying though). Golem is about the only worthwhile addition. I mean a lot of Pokemon aren't all that useful, but pick something that piques a players interest like Ampharos, Gyarados or maybe Miltank. Nidoking and Nidoqueen? I'm disappointed everytime I hatch a Nidoran and could catch 20 a day easy.

I think the larger issue is the new 45 minute timer after hatching along with setting the clocks back an hour. Before the change, the last raids eggs here could appear at 6:45 PM, and the raid available until 8:45. Now the last eggs are at 5:45 and the raid is over at 7:30 PM. And that's considering not too many new eggs appear over the last 45 min to an hour that they are able to.

You would think that will cause a drop in the purchase of extra raid passes but who knows.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I remember a few days ago when the raid rotations went by and I had no idea that was a thing. I opened up my app to see if there was a suicune on campus and I saw a charmeleon and slandslash raid going on and I can't remember the last time I was that confused :laugh:

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Raids pretty dead after the time change and 45 minute timer. Throw in the fact that the weather has been pretty bad this week as well.

I did catch a 98% Wartortle from a raid today, which is good enough for me. I've caught/hatched roughly 200 Squirtle with nothing higher than 87%. They are pretty non-existent since gen two. I know not really useful, but I've wanted a 100% Blastoise since the game came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad