Points Lost To Stupidity Thread

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
i missed the game today but just had a look at the box score and saw that the super amazing combo of AMac & Hagg were on the ice for the only goal scored against us. what a surprise. can someone tell me why our two worst D were on the ice in a 0-0 game with a minute left in regulation? who am i kidding, i know the answer. **** Hakstol.
Them being on the ice had nothing to do with the goal.

Reactions: Curufinwe

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

i also saw that TK had under 12 minutes, did he get hurt again? because it makes no sense to hold back one of your best offensive weapons in a 0-0 game.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
i also saw that TK had under 12 minutes, did he get hurt again? because it makes no sense to hold back one of your best offensive weapons in a 0-0 game.
No he didn’t get hurt again. Maybe the injury had something to do with the low minutes today, but I doubt it. Hak does this all the time.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
if u combined all the bad players/staff together from all the years they still dont total how much i want hakstol fired...

i legit hate this guy.. hes destroyed my ability to enjoy flyers hockey completly
This is where I’m at, and I don’t give one, two or even three f***s what the Hack apologists say this dude is the worst coach in the NHL by a longshot, and Hexy can go with Hack as well he’s letting this moron misuse the roster, you don’t just stand pat and play vets because they’re vets I’d much rather run and gun with the kids and lose while watching a brand of hockey that’s entertaining instead of some ball-less former shells of passionate players, yeah I know “you have to stay out of the box derp” but this is the Philadelphia Flyers not some weak ass college team that’s trying to win a f***ing sportsmanship award, Hexy and Hack can both f*** off

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I have to say that was a phenomenal effort by Eakin to break up the clearing attempt, slide into space, and bury the game winner.

Reactions: flyersjim73

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After watching the replay on the GWG, as expected it was Haggs fault.

The puck was heading towards Couturier for an easy clear. Then for some reason, Hagg decides to interfere with Eakin and launch him into range of the puck to create the turnover.

The OP needs to be updated.

20181013_165623.jpg
20181013_165647.jpg

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

The puck was heading towards Couturier for an easy clear. Then for some reason, Hagg decides to interfere with Eakin and launch him into range of the puck to create the turnover.

View attachment 146425 View attachment 146427

please for the love of god tell me this is hyperbole.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

View attachment 146425 View attachment 146427
Did you not watch the rest of the play?

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I mentioned them more so as an easy way to point out Hakstol's personnel decisions in a close game. When the games get tight he goes to his reliable players and sometimes those reliable players aren't the best player and sometimes bad things happen when your best players aren't on the ice.

I'm not one to spend a lot of time playing the blame game after goals. Hockey is fluky. Guys make egregious mistakes that don't get talked about as long as the puck doesn't end up in the back of the net. Less egregious mistakes get talked about for pages when the puck goes in the net and certain players are on the ice. On any given goal against you can probably blame 3 different guys and not be wrong. So if you say MacDonald and Hagg "had nothing to do with the goal" you're just looking at the 3 second sequence before the goal and not the bigger picture.

How did the puck get in our zone to begin with?

MacDonald practically lets Nosek walk into the zone with controlled possession even with Simmonds providing back pressure towards the boards. Nosek is not exactly roaring through the neutral zone with speed and we are talking about a bottom 6 guy to begin with (Simmonds is gliding, that's how slow Nosek was moving). It's not a good play. Soon after Hagg and Couturier chase a loose puck, get their wires crossed, both defensemen end up on the same side of the ice, Eakin is wide open to receive a seam pass and the rest is history.

While it's not a mistake in the traditional sense by MacDonald, it's a lack of aggression that leads to zone time for the other team and ultimately a goal. This is part of the reason people point out these decisions even when the end result is a win. Long-term, these players that have a tendency to "generate defense" they end up hurting you. No matter how safe and reliable you may appear to the coach, if you play in your own zone long enough, the other team is going to outscore you.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I mentioned them more so as an easy way to point out Hakstol's personnel decisions in a close game. When the games get tight he goes to his reliable players and sometimes those reliable players aren't the best player and sometimes bad things happen when your best players aren't on the ice.

I'm not one to spend a lot of time playing the blame game after goals. Hockey is fluky. Guys make egregious mistakes that don't get talked about as long as the puck doesn't end up in the back of the net. Less egregious mistakes get talked about for pages when the puck goes in the net and certain players are on the ice. On any given goal against you can probably blame 3 different guys and not be wrong. So if you say MacDonald and Hagg "had nothing to do with the goal" you're just looking at the 3 second sequence before the goal and not the bigger picture.

How did the puck get in our zone to begin with?

MacDonald practically lets Nosek walk into the zone with controlled possession even with Simmonds providing back pressure towards the boards. Nosek is not exactly roaring through the neutral zone with speed and we are talking about a bottom 6 guy to begin with (Simmonds is gliding, that's how slow Nosek was moving). It's not a good play. Soon after Hagg and Couturier chase a loose puck, get their wires crossed, both defensemen end up on the same side of the ice, Eakin is wide open to receive a seam pass and the rest is history.

While it's not a mistake in the traditional sense by MacDonald, it's a lack of aggression that leads to zone time for the other team and ultimately a goal. This is part of the reason people point out these decisions even when the end result is a win. Long-term, these players that have a tendency to "generate defense" they end up hurting you. No matter how safe and reliable you may appear to the coach, if you play in your own zone long enough, the other team is going to outscore you.

I know his personnel decisions suck along with many other things and I hate when any defenseman plays an entry like that. Plus Coots’ turnover was more so a great play by Eakin. It’s the part after that, when Coots gets lost. That has nothing to do with Hakstols coaching.

Reactions: hatcher

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know his personnel decisions suck along with many other things and I hate when any defenseman plays an entry like that. Plus Coots’ turnover was more so a great play by Eakin. It’s the part after that, when Coots gets lost. That has nothing to do with Hakstols coaching.

I find it alarming how routinely players have looked lost this year. It's a teamwide issue.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just to reiterate this key point: Ghost played 4:23 minutes before the empty net in a 0-0 game. No PP time. No defenseman played less in the 3rd (until the empty net). MacDonald played 5:27 min ES. Hagg 6:38 min (w/ 1 min PK time also). Somehow Provorov had almost 2 minutes more ice time ES pre EN too. How does that happen?

200.gif

Hockey Doug Pederson, where ya at?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I find it alarming how routinely players have looked lost this year. It's a teamwide issue.
It’s the culture Hexy wants here, whichnis shit, I understand Hexy wanted to fix the amount if calls against the Flyers but in the process the players look like zombies out there, how can the team be a tight knit group and not go ape shot when someone boards a young guy? Everybody knew before Hack got here that other teams wouldn’t get away with that shit, now in the smart guy era they all skate away like p***yes because that’s what Hexy and Hack want

Reactions: Rebels57

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Just to reiterate this key point: Ghost played 4:23 minutes before the empty net in a 0-0 game. No PP time. No defenseman played less in the 3rd (until the empty net). MacDonald played 5:27 min ES. Hagg 6:38 min (w/ 1 min PK time also). Somehow Provorov had almost 2 minutes more ice time ES pre EN too. How does that happen?

200.gif

Hockey Doug Pederson, where ya at?
That’s completely unacceptable and inexcusable but I’m sure Hexy’s son will have different to say

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s the culture Hexy wants here, whichnis ****, I understand Hexy wanted to fix the amount if calls against the Flyers but in the process the players look like zombies out there, how can the team be a tight knit group and not go ape shot when someone boards a young guy? Everybody knew before Hack got here that other teams wouldn’t get away with that ****, now in the smart guy era they all skate away like *****es because that’s what Hexy and Hack want

Not even that, but they aren't playing as a single unit. Guys are individuals out there.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fact is, no matter what our problems are on defense, in net, with injuries, or whatever else, Hakstol is by far the single biggest problem we have and nothing else being fixed will matter if he’s still here.

His stink is currently effecting nearly every single part of the team in a negative fashion, one way or another.

It’s so depressing to know that no matter what happens this year, their chances are basically zero to even win a playoff series, strictly because their coach will f*** them over. Just look at what he’s doing inexcusably wrong in game #5... it’s not going to get better from here and the mistakes will just get more costly as the games get more important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad