Points Lost To Stupidity Thread

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm losing faith in Hextall as a GM just like when I lost faith in him as a goaltender after his groin injuries and his deflating goals (i.e. Claude Lemieux)

TemptingDifferentLadybug-size_restricted.gif

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
It's puzzling that Hak doesn't trust younger guys. How was he so successful at North Dakota? In college, doesn't a coach have to be a teacher and a strong communicator with players he has recruited? The coach has to be able to let his players learn from their mistakes in games. Yet, Hak has not demonstrated these traits in the NHL.

You would figure Hak would play Sanheim, Konecny, Vorobyev, etc. in crucial minutes to evaluate how they respond during pressure situations. These are the types of players that need instruction and playing time, not reduced minutes when they make a turnover.

You can achieve success at a college level on recruiting alone. I would argue being a top flight recruiter is more important to your programs year to year success then coaching ability. Talent allows you to win a decent amount at the college level even if under coached. But high end coaching is need to refine talent and push it to a championship level.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sorry, I was on a napa wine tour and didn't watch. I am also plastered and partially still on euro time. Please advise on how to update the OP. Thanks.

10/25/2018 : 3-0 loss to the Bruins
  • MacDonald inserted back in the lineup.
  • Plays 20 minutes.
  • Costs us both goals against (3rd was EN)

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy14

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Sorry, I was on a napa wine tour and didn't watch. I am also plastered and partially still on euro time. Please advise on how to update the OP. Thanks.
Keep drinking wine dude hahaha. Should come out to Kelowna dude with your family and go on the wine tours it here. Lots of great winery's.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Suck it up bud. If we had to watch, you do too. :D

Just open a bottle of cab that will compliment the occasion.

For this game, the sommelier suggests:

images
I'd recommend some Tenafly Viper to end the suffering if it actually existed. In fact I'd ship a case of it to the coaching staff.

TENAFLY-VIPER.jpg

P.S.: If you don't know what this is from, go watch the movie Street Trash. It's pure-strain 80's insanity.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Are we counting MacDonald going in over Folin even though Folin has curbstomped MacDonald all year?

MacD was on for 2 goals against. One was after he yielded the blueline without resistance, the other was his awful coverage.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad