• Pastrnak

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Reading is apparently hard...like I said WITH SPOONER AND LUCIC. Pastrnak got moved all around the line up his rookie year.

In March is when he was on a line with Spooner and Lucic, in which he put up 13 points in 15 games. So sorry, its "only" .87 PPG

So we're supposed to understand that you were referring to an incredibly small sample size out of his entire rookie season, and a sample size in which he didn't even produce what you said he did?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Reading is apparently hard...like I said WITH SPOONER AND LUCIC. Pastrnak got moved all around the line up his rookie year.

In March is when he was on a line with Spooner and Lucic, in which he put up 13 points in 15 games. So sorry, its "only" .87 PPG

I figured you were using a sample size of just those two as linemates. My response was intended to suggest that using a small sample size is not only flawed in itself, it is completely meaningless when a player scores no where near that number in the bigger sample. Not only that, but 0.87 is pretty far from PPG. We don’t call 71 point scorers point per game.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
LMAO at the AINEC people in here. It's obviously close. I'll take Pastrnak due to his ability to rack up so many goals in the regular season and show up in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind taking Point either, but I'd prefer Pastrnak slightly.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I figured you were using a sample size of just those two as linemates. My response was intended to suggest that using a small sample size is not only flawed in itself, it is completely meaningless when a player scores no where near that number in the bigger sample. Not only that, but 0.87 is pretty far from PPG. We don’t call 71 point scorers point per game.

The numbers don't even seem to be accurate. Naturalstattrick lists Pastrnak as scoring 11 points (only 1 goal) in 227:40 with Spooner. Based on Pastrnak's season average of slightly under 14 minutes per night, that works out to around 16 games worth with Spooner and 11 points with Spooner on the ice.

That's even farther away from point per game than the 13 points in 15 games thing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This one is a tough one. Love both players. Both also are playoff performers who are not big in stature, but have no fear of the physical play or getting into dirty areas when it is needed. I would give the slight edge to Point. Watching him against the Isles in the last 2 playoffs, he just raises his game when needed. Super clutch.

Reactions: inactive user

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Pasta is a more skilled hockey player, Point is a hockey player.

Really does depend on what your team needs. I personally don't think Point is a guy you want as your 1C carrying an offense but he is virtually a perfect fit as a 1C when you have elite linemates supporting you.

Pasta can carry an offense from the wing similarly to Panarin. I've regularly seen the Bruins move him down to the 2nd line when the team is struggling and he still puts up points. Also when you watch that team play, even when he's on the ice with Marchand/Bergy, you can tell how much his skill matters to finishing offensive plays.

Very close call but I'll go with the guy who has helped me win 2x (2 runner up for those 1-2 people who care :)) fantasy championships in a 7-year keeper league - PASTA

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
pretty much this but most guys are just looking at the stats and that's all.

Point plays 1C on a 2 time Stanley Cup winner and has been excellent in both campaigns. He produced at a high level without his #1 scoring threat in Kucherov.

Pasta is great tho

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

I voted Point to break the tie since your post and logic was so terrible.

Disclaimer: I was going to vote Point anyway

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I love Pasta but I gotta go with Point because he plays the more valuable position and is always a beast in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad