Management POHO Staios/GM D̶o̶r̶i̶o̶n̶/Front Office Thread - Part X [Mod Warning in post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Well, he was pretty fortunate that SJ utterly collapsed to get us Stützle.

His trade of Turris for Duchene was a bit of a disaster costing us a high 1st (eventually). It's quite possible without that trade we wouldn't have had the initial collapse and wouldn't have drafted Tkachuk

That's just two examples where things worked out pretty well, just arguably not exactly in the way Dorion was initially hoping for.
What worked out well was the fact that Dorion chose to draft Tkachuk instead of Zadina like everyone wanted.

Reactions: gab6511 and aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What worked out well was the fact that Dorion chose to draft Tkachuk instead of Zadina like everyone wanted.
Sure. Stumbling still has you moving forward.

Drafting is never a sure thing, we took Tkachuk over Zadina, but also Brown over McAvoy or Chychrun.

We took Sanderson over Drysdale, but Boucher over Wyatt Johnson, Corinato, Walstead, Othman, Lucious Knies, or Sillinger.

I don't think everything Dorion did was bad, but some of the things he did were really bad, like the Murray signing, the Dadonov trade (in retrospect), trading up for Brown,

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Trent Mann and the scouts wanted Zadina? Link?

Nope he's talking about Sens fans wanting Zadina.

Zero proof that Dorion ran the draft during his tenure.

He had his hands full given there was no one else in management to handle front office duties.

In fact he's said himself that Mann was in charge of the draft.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Purely looking at Dorion's legacy in hindsight; in no particular order:

Names that trigger: Ziba, Condon, Duchene/Turris/Byram, Gustavsson, Talbot, Murray, Stepan, Stone, Duclair, Gudbransson/Reilly/Hainsey/etc., Del Zotto, Colin White, Mann Brothers, DeBrincat, Burrows, Oduya, Dadonov, Zaitsev, Tyler Boucher/Lassi/JBD/L. Brown

Happy dance: Zub, Tkachuk, Sanderson, Karlsson's returns (Norris/Pinto/3OA lottery pick), Greig, Stutzle's contract, C. Brown

I'm probably missing plenty of names.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I just watched the whole press conference. This all sucks, but how refreshing to have a humble thoughtful owner committing appropriate transparency and addressing issues head on, and a GM that looks and sounds professional. It doesn’t feel Sens. It’s the new Sens, it feels good.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Maybe Mike Milbury GM.
Mike Keenan coach...:help:
( just joking).
Mike and Mike's Excellent Adventures

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Reactions: DJB