Management POHO Staios/GM D̶o̶r̶i̶o̶n̶/Front Office Thread - Part X [Mod Warning in post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
It must really sting for the "PD is gone when Staios gets in" crowd.

Meh I think that was pretty obvious with 1) the timeline of the sale and 2) the guy who bought it

I don't see the value in firing staff immediately, like PD or not he and his team have a wealth of knowledge on all of our players. Would be silly to remove that immediately and start from ground zero.

I think we are also used to having no budget where we can actually hire NEW additions

This is the best-case scenario imo. Add to the current staff by placing people above them

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

Staios seems like a smart, measured guy. Same with Andlauer.

Of course he'll want to evaluate Dorion himself. It'll be up to him to make a good impression over the next several months. Same goes for DJ.

Getting the Pinto situation solved and having a good start to the season is step 1.

I think there are only 3 guys (from the previous regime) who are for certain here next season: Tkachuk, Stützle, Sanderson.

Everyone else needs to step up and prove themselves to Staios. That includes Dorion, DJ, Chabot, Batherson, etc.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Owner: Andlauer
POHO: Staios
GM: Dorion

Not sure how people think that Dorion is above Staios? When Dorion is let go, who do think will do the firing? It will be Staios thanking him for his years of service and wishing him well.
Isn't that structure obvious?

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

Calling it a "crowd" is a bit much.
What youre saying has been repeated several times (by the same "crowd" mind you), but I don't recall anyone ever actually saying Andlauers very first order of business was to fire Dorion. Bit of ridiculous hyperbole to assume that's what people are saying just because they're critical of Dorion.

Pierre lost a ton of power today, and has someone to answer to that isn't the owner now. That's a bit of a win for both sides on the "love/hate Dorion" thing, no?

Reactions: Bileur

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Calling it a "crowd" is a bit much.
What youre saying has been repeated several times (by the same "crowd" mind you), but I don't recall anyone ever actually saying Andlauers very first order of business was to fire Dorion. Bit of ridiculous hyperbole to assume that's what people are saying just because they're critical of Dorion.

Pierre lost a ton of power today, and has someone to answer to that isn't the owner now. That's a bit of a win for both sides on the "love/hate Dorion" thing, no?

Did not lose a ton of power. Still being a GM.

Can still make decisions. Just has a helper now.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

Nah man, he got a boss today. Do you call your boss at work your helper? A nice little helper (shhhh...that oversees you and whom you report to).

He got someone who has the final say and whom he needs to seek approval from. Sure he'll help, if you wanna get into the semantics of it.

Dorion is still GM but lost decision making power today.

Reactions: Emerica

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

There's a concept in the corporate world called "managing out executives".

You create an environment that "encourages" someone to leave their job.

The most common first step is hiring someone above said person. This diminishes their autonomy and blocks their path for promotion.

I'm sure Dorion envisioned becoming President one day, and promoting someone like Bowness to GM. He built the team after all! He should be rewarded if it does well!

Well that's no longer an opportunity in this organization.

It'll be all smiles today, and in the first few weeks. The true test will be how the relationship between Andlauer, Staios and Dorion develops into February and March.

What happens when Dorion wants to make a trade and Staios shoots him down?

Reactions: Cosmix and milkbag

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Also heard one of Staios main tasks is to make sure Dorion’s office is always clean (vacuum, dust off his desk, empty out his trash can, etc.). Also, making sure Dorion’s shoes are always shiny

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Right. For sure they had many candle light dinners together.

Dorion told the story that once, while on the way to Belleville with Melnyk, they got a flat tire. Melnyk turned to him and said, "you stay in the car, you're too important to our organization." Trent Mann ended up changing the tire (foreshadowing!).

Will Andlauer and Staios shower him with such kind words? Or will they ask him to get the jack out?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Nah man, he got a boss today. Do you call your boss at work your helper? A nice little helper (shhhh...that oversees you and whom you report to).

He got someone who has the final say and whom he needs to seek approval from. Sure he'll help, if you wanna get into the semantics of it.

Dorion is still GM but lost decision making power today.
Also Dorion reports to Staios, and does not report directly to Andlauer. Staios is now Dorion's boss.

Very expected type of comment from Dorion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad