Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Anybody go to the game?
% of PIT fans?
Sounded like there were a few but not that many, how the hell did they get kept out given Columbus is a new franchise three hours from?

Maybe 1-2% .. would put it in the hundreds not the thousands in terms of how many came.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I watched more Blue Jacket hockey this year than ever before & I enjoyed the hell out of this season. I believe there are a few things that need to get done for us to be a better team, but I certainly think that is possible. I'd like to ***** about the playoff seedings, (but what good would that do?).

I'm a Blue Jacket fan & I am proud of that. I'm also a Blackhawk fan, so with that said I am going to start my fishing season and golf occasionally and wait for the draft.

Who am I kidding NHL playoff hockey is bad ass

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Anybody go to the game?
% of PIT fans?
Sounded like there were a few but not that many, how the hell did they get kept out given Columbus is a new franchise three hours from?

Sounds like tickets in Pittsburgh are available for home games there, so they would rather go there than here to watch is my best guess. In past it was a tougher ticket so I think a lot of penguins fans came just due to pricing and availability.
Plus I think coming into playoffs the CBJ had a lot of buzz so tickets on resale were going to CBJ fans willing to spend $$$ this year.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Seth is a good example of trade that has worked for both teams. There are always exceptions, but I would guess, at least for the CBJ, these trades bringing high profile players in have many times fizzled.

the Saad trade was fine. its not always good times but there is more to the 24 yr old and the coaches need to figure out how to get his best more consistantly and he also has to be willing to put in the work and effort to take the next step.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Seth is a good example of trade that has worked for both teams. There are always exceptions, but I would guess, at least for the CBJ, these trades bringing high profile players in have many times fizzled.
I think it's closer to 50/50. Depends on where one draws the line w/r/t "high profile player", tho. For example, I think there's no contest that everyone here would consider The Former #7 to be a high profile player that did not work out. But there might be some debate on whether JJ holds that particular status - and there's some folks who are more than happy to argue that he doesn't because if he is then that disproves their "no, really, we're doomed" argument. :)

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Gaborik, Carter and Fedorov are the only ones I can think of that just fell flat.

Fedorov was way too early in our curve and he was past his glory days.

Carter was a ******, but we at least recovered Jack and Dano. Had we known he was such a ******, we wouldn't have traded Voracek I'm sure.

Gaborik was for spare parts. Brassard, Dorsett and Moore. Yes, you can say Brassard developed, but he was stuck behind Johansen, Dubinsky and Anisimov and wasn't producing. Oh, yes, one day, one very short day we had great center depth.

I suspect Jarmo will try to do something. I'm hoping negotiations with Tavaras and the Islanders go really bad. It's divisional, but there's few players I'd rather go all-in for than Tavaras. We know Snow liked Murray :)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Gaborik, Carter and Fedorov are the only ones I can think of that just fell flat.

Fedorov was way too early in our curve and he was past his glory days.

Carter was a ******, but we at least recovered Jack and Dano. Had we known he was such a ******, we wouldn't have traded Voracek I'm sure.

Gaborik was for spare parts. Brassard, Dorsett and Moore. Yes, you can say Brassard developed, but he was stuck behind Johansen, Dubinsky and Anisimov and wasn't producing. Oh, yes, one day, one very short day we had great center depth.

I suspect Jarmo will try to do something. I'm hoping negotiations with Tavaras and the Islanders go really bad. It's divisional, but there's few players I'd rather go all-in for than Tavaras. We know Snow liked Murray :)

Ok GM Slash. Have no idea how to make the dollars work, but Tavares would answer a big need. I like him a heck of a lot more than Duchene. But he's a UFA, I believe, and will command big bucks. Tell me how to make it work and I'm in.

Steelburgh

Mar 16, 2009
To dispute that Pittsburgh did everything within their organizational power to be as brutal as possible in the 2003-04 season (to have the best shot at Ovechkin) is laughable. By not winning that lottery and having to take Malkin as a consolation prize, it allowed them to be among the teams with the best chance to win the 2005 lottery and get Crosby.

At least some teams attempted to be competitive and failed. Pittsburgh played Rico Fata on the first line for an entire season, and their intentions could not have been any more transparent.

Not that I'd doubt the talent in that draft was part of it, but another factor to those lean years was that Mario Lemieux bought the Penguins out of bankruptcy in 1999 and promised to pay back every single creditor in full, which is pretty much unheard of in bankruptcies. He did it, too, before the 2005 season which, not coincidentally, is when they started spending on payroll again (well, after the lockout).

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
If the org didn't make huge changes after finishing 27th or whatever, they're not going to do it after a 50 win season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
One day I will have the strength to watch the highlights again. One day I will have the strength to go back and look at this GDT. Today, and yesterday, are not the days. I had to take the day off HFB... I am still absolutely heartbroken and absolutely crushed.

The joy I felt going up 3-1....My seats had an absolutely fantastic view of that Werenski shot...Seriously, only me and Z were celebrating at first it felt like..even my dad was wondering if it was in. I was sure, and so was Z....I felt like we had them. We had them.

I didn't even celebrate the Dubinsky goal, to be honest with everyone. I stayed seated while everyone celebrated and hugged around me. Why? Because I was already broken. I knew what was coming. I even texted my friend after the 3rd period when he asked how nervous I was. I told him "No. I feel like I've seen this movie before, and I don't like the ending." He then brought up Calvert and Foligno's OT goals and to believe. I still didn't.

For a second I thought we had it, off of Dubinsky's rebound attempt of Andy's shot. After that missed I was sure it was over. That was our chance.

Sure. If the refs blow the whistle and call a blatant penalty in the corner on their 2nd goal things might have been different. Maybe if they blew the whistle on Z's injury (what a warrior BTW. My favorite player now) things might have been different. But we also got a break on Dubi's goal. I won't use these as excuses. Probably because I just don't want to care anymore.

I still have hope we will win a game. But I am absolutely heartbroken. I don't even want tomorrows game to be close. Either we blow them out or get blown out. I can't take that roller coaster again. As far as hockey fandom goes, I am absolutely shaken and lost.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Tavares wil not happen. It's almost as silly as thinking Mackinnon is a possibility. Can't believe we're even trying to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad