GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/14 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
It has to stem from their coach. Torts instills this in his players and that's how they play. I'm not a fan of him at all and think that this team could be a much better playoff team if he wasn't behind the bench. Good regular season, but I fear his coaching in the playoffs.

Not that I'm condoning Calvert's crosscheck, but it's irritating to see this, because it's always said without any sort of evidence. It's a popular thing to say, so I guess I'm just supposed to take your word for it.

All of HF is sitting on the bench during the game, I suppose.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It's classy to go to another team's board and call its fans classy. But your take on Torts is dated and 2010 wants it back.

Agree, Torts has been Shirley Temple since joining the CBJ.... That post game crap was all on Calvert, he was ticked, and I still say we don't know if stuff was said or done to push his button!!

Matt is emotional but very rarely illegal...

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Agreed, it's classy to see fans this actually think this. Normally you'd see fans saying that the other team deserves it and such. Really impressive that everyone feels that way in here.

It has to stem from their coach. Torts instills this in his players and that's how they play. I'm not a fan of him at all and think that this team could be a much better playoff team if he wasn't behind the bench. Good regular season, but I fear his coaching in the playoffs.

That being said, things can change quick in Columbus with last chance. Bobrovsky has HORRIBLE numbers at PPG arena and is probably light years better than that at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see this series tied going back to Pittsburgh.

Again, I say that Torts was hamstrung by the players and their whiny-assed "meeting" where they (supposedly) made it clear that he needed to be nice and constructive in his discussions and criticism of the team. Why he acquiesced is beyond my understanding but those very same players should damned well have to own their dispassionate, sh*tty play. How could anyone have believed, for one second, that there was some mystical, magical mojo that would gloriously shine on the team in the playoffs? We now have to sit here, trying to will them to victory while they choke on their own self delusion. Spare me the self aggrandizing accolades and chest thumping "pride"! (Disclaimer: I love this team madly and I'll be right back at the edge of my seat on Sunday, believing beyond all sane reason, that there will be miracle on the ice.) *rant off*

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Where the hell is our offense?

In their last 9 games they are 1-8, and have only scored more then 2 goals once. And what the hell, there really is a regular season Bob, and a play-off Bob. Bob is the CBJ version of Luango.

We are done. 108 point season done in by a late season swoon, and facing a veteran Pens team that knows how to win in the play-offs.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Agree, Torts has been Shirley Temple since joining the CBJ.... That post game crap was all on Calvert, he was ticked, and I still say we don't know if stuff was said or done to push his button!!

Matt is emotional but very rarely illegal...

I'm a huge Matty fan but regardless of what was said or done it doesn't excuse him breaking his stick on a dude and then going back for more. It was a ridiculously stupid move and he will likely, and rightly, sit for it.

But I didn't see the game so I otherwise don't have any thoughts about tonight.

AlfredBundy

Apr 17, 2013
You guys are talking about the broken stick to the neck, but ignore how he pushed him on the ice while bent over in pain.

I agree the stick to the neck can be seen as frustration, and that's hockey. But pushing him down when he's bent over in pain not even looking up is a baby move.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Again, I say that Torts was hamstrung by the players and their whiny-assed "meeting" where they (supposedly) made it clear that he needed to be nice and constructive in his discussions and criticism of the team. Why he acquiesced is beyond my understanding but those very same players should damned well have to own their dispassionate, sh*tty play. How could anyone have believed, for one second, that there was some mystical, magical mojo that would gloriously shine on the team in the playoffs? We now have to sit here, trying to will them to victory while they choke on their own self delusion. Spare me the self aggrandizing accolades and chest thumping "pride"! (Disclaimer: I love this team madly and I'll be right back at the edge of my seat on Sunday, believing beyond all sane reason, that there will be miracle on the ice.) *rant off*

Wow Wendy.... you're as ticked as Calvert!!!!!!!!! :)

I like it, with that kind of stuff we might beat the Great Penguin's twice in C-bus....

I'm in the lower bowl somewhere... Watch for the good old guy getting dragged out if we lose... :laugh:

Geki

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
You guys are talking about the broken stick to the neck, but ignore how he pushed him on the ice while bent over in pain.

I agree the stick to the neck can be seen as frustration, and that's hockey. But pushing him down when he's bent over in pain not even looking up is a baby move.

Was it the neck? That was shoulder wasn't it? I was watching FSO and it definitely looked like shouler/bicep.

I mean, it was completely idiotic and he needs to sit a few, but I didn't think it was for the neck. If it was on the neck he deserves a big suspension.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Cool dude. I'm sure your fellow Pens fans would love to hear about it.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
WTF!

I guess it makes you all feel better to bash Calvert for his late game antics. Yea, maybe it wasn't proper etiquette, but I don't give a ****!

Give em hell, Matty!!

Maybe his actions will light a fire under this moribund team.

God love him for taking one for the team.

And if you all don't like it **** you.

Posted after too many shots.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This team is delusional. All the guys interviewed after the game seem to be happy with their play and think it's just been a few bounces that have determined the outcome.

AlfredBundy

Apr 17, 2013
Cool dude. I'm sure your fellow Pens fans would love to hear about it.

Sorry, I thought I was being pretty moderate considering the reactions from everyone else's fans. I just thought the push was unnecessary. Not trying to stir up anything.

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Wow Wendy.... you're as ticked as Calvert!!!!!!!!! :)

I like it, with that kind of stuff we might beat the Great Penguin's twice in C-bus....

I'm in the lower bowl somewhere... Watch for the good old guy getting dragged out if we lose... :laugh:

Ha, you're right, I am! I feel like they bought into their own bravado, very reminiscent of the great expectations following the end of the 2014/15 season and the debacle that ensued in 2015/16. They've been talking the talk for weeks now as if that somehow made up for the play we were witnessing night in and night out. It's like we've been told by the Great and Powerful Oz to ignore the little man behind the curtain. Although, a brain, a heart and some courage is desperately needed at this point.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
WTF!

I guess it makes you all feel better to bash Calvert for his late game antics. Yea, maybe it wasn't proper etiquette, but I don't give a ****!

Give em hell, Matty!!

Maybe his actions will light a fire under this moribund team.

God love him for taking one for the team.

And if you all don't like it **** you.

Posted after too many shots.

I'm with you. You're on Fire, Dr:laugh:

He's pissed, they have Hornqvist and we're down 2-0. Too many fans have been Bettmanized.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sorry, I thought I was being pretty moderate considering the reactions from everyone else's fans. I just thought the push was unnecessary. Not trying to stir up anything.

I know. But we, as a fanbase, acknowledged it was ******** and suspension worthy. There is no need to come in here and prod further. If its in the mains then fair enough, but not in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad