GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/14 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
Bunch of ****ing kids. Lose with class.

Agreed, it's classy to see fans this actually think this. Normally you'd see fans saying that the other team deserves it and such. Really impressive that everyone feels that way in here.

It has to stem from their coach. Torts instills this in his players and that's how they play. I'm not a fan of him at all and think that this team could be a much better playoff team if he wasn't behind the bench. Good regular season, but I fear his coaching in the playoffs.

That being said, things can change quick in Columbus with last chance. Bobrovsky has HORRIBLE numbers at PPG arena and is probably light years better than that at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see this series tied going back to Pittsburgh.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Let me try this again. We are beating ourselves, not their forwards. Bob gave them two goals tonight and Carlsson (thanks Torts) played that 2-1 like crap hanging Bob out for the other one.

Now you can go on and complain about our forwards; there is criticism to be had. However don't try and sell that the Pens forwards are dominating. They aren't.

If Bob was remotely on his game, this game likely goes to OT.

Someone doesn't know hockey.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Bob has been bad in this series; but it really doesn't matter because we can't score. Fleury has been solid; probably on a mission to show that he should be the starter

MAF has been pretty good, but he hasn't had to be great because the Jackets can't generate much in the way of quality shots, and when they get one they find a way to screw it up. Pretty clear what they need to improve this summer.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
MAF outplayed Bob again.

Bet Calvert doesn't get a suspension.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Agreed, it's classy to see fans this actually think this. Normally you'd see fans saying that the other team deserves it and such. Really impressive that everyone feels that way in here.

It has to stem from their coach. Torts instills this in his players and that's how they play. I'm not a fan of him at all and think that this team could be a much better playoff team if he wasn't behind the bench. Good regular season, but I fear his coaching in the playoffs.

That being said, things can change quick in Columbus with last chance. Bobrovsky has HORRIBLE numbers at PPG arena and is probably light years better than that at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see this series tied going back to Pittsburgh.

Calvert was cagey long before Torts got here. It's just frustration boiling over unfortunately. I understand the frustration, but that's not the way to deal with it.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
MAF has been pretty good, but he hasn't had to be great because the Jackets can't generate much in the way of quality shots, and when they get one they find a way to screw it up. Pretty clear what they need to improve this summer.

I recommend that you take a breather.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
So Shelley knowledges his third star - our top demolition derby driver Boone Jenner. Now I actually thought Boone was one of our better players, but that's like saying he was the tallest midget in the room. My observation has more to do with their seeming infatuation with hits. Maybe I'm just oversensitive to the whole thing tonight

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
I think we are playing good possession hockey, but the shots we are taking are freaking awful

Everything is right into Fleury's chest

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
So Shelley knowledges his third star - our top demolition derby driver Boone Jenner. Now I actually thought Boone was one of our better players, but that's like saying he was the tallest midget in the room. My observation has more to do with their seeming infatuation with hits. Maybe I'm just oversensitive to the whole thing tonight

It seemed to my untrained eye that they(CBJ) ran out of steam after all that hitting in the first. Pitt just weathers it and plays their game.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Calvert lost his cool after the game, he was wrong for that but what he's not wrong for is showing some spit and vinegar.... We don't know the subtle crap that was going on during the game... I bet a 100 bucks Pittsburgh players did and said some crap that would get any dedicated payer upset...

That said, Matty must control himself and just kick Crosby in the nuts not anyone else.... :laugh:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It's just a shame that the offense has gone AWOL this past month. No team can overcome no offense.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Let me try this again. We are beating ourselves, not their forwards. Bob gave them two goals tonight and Carlsson (thanks Torts) played that 2-1 like crap hanging Bob out for the other one.

Now you can go on and complain about our forwards; there is criticism to be had. However don't try and sell that the Pens forwards are dominating. They aren't.

If Bob was remotely on his game, this game likely goes to OT.

I agree that Bob has been pretty weak, but their forwards have been 100x better than the CBJ's. Again, 8 points in 2 games. Ours can't generate a quality shot on goal. If the Jackets were losing 5-4 I'd feel you, but they have sucked.

If we swapped out Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel out with Saad, Cam, and Foligno (or Wennie, pick your top 6 forwards), who would be up 2-0? I realize that Crosby and Malkin are generational players, but the point still stands... they've been a lot better than the Jackets forwards in this series.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Post game show again in rainbows & unicorn mode......

"They played a good game" blah blah blah........

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
they had a few quality chances but man... Ive never seen a team miss the net so much in my life. Pittsburgh are the defending champs for a reason, if you have a chance you cant miss it

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Good effort, not enough killer instinct and no saves when they needed them.

They're done. You could tell when they were leaving the ice, they are done. Maybe next year we can win a playoff series.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
ON a final note... Lets not forget the Penguins are defending the Stanley Cup!!!! If you think they are going sit back and let the upstart CBJ come into their house and win we must be insane....

Thing is, we can defend our house Sunday and Tuesday too... It's really up to the players to stand up and play or quit like losers and go home...

btw, I won't be blogging here Sunday, I'll be in Nationwide beating up Crosby after the game!!!! :)

Go Jackets, we need TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I agree that Bob has been pretty weak, but their forwards have been 100x better than the CBJ's. Again, 8 points in 2 games. Ours can't generate a quality shot on goal. If the Jackets were losing 5-4 I'd feel you, but they have sucked.

If we swapped out Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel out with Saad, Cam, and Foligno (or Wennie, pick your top 6 forwards), who would be up 2-0? I realize that Crosby and Malkin are generational players, but the point still stands... they've been a lot better than the Jackets forwards in this series.

I wrote a post but read yours before posting it. My thoughts were the same but you said it much better ....so I'll just add "Agree".

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

It's classy to go to another team's board and call its fans classy. But your take on Torts is dated and 2010 wants it back.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I wasn't able to watch the game tonight so I just saw the gif. What the hell got into Matty? He's always playing edgy but this is something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad