GDT: PO Game #1 |Flyers at Rangers | Thu., Apr. 17, 2014 |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
I think Toc was suggesting the Flyers may dump the puck to his side, when it makes sense, to make him play it so they can muck it up with him and test that shoulder.

Here's the article from Frank Seravalli that Toc was referencing:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20140417_Berube_changing_up_game_plan_against_the_Rangers.html

it's an interesting strategy in the "possession era" but i like the first line's chances with switching it up and going D&C every once in a while on mcdonagh. test that shoulder early. you know hartnell will be hartnelling.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
The Flyers absolutely need to be physical with McDonagh. hit him hard and clean at every opportunity.
Hope they save some of it for their other midget, Zuccarello. 59 points and that second line's been humming lately (as it's needed to be with midget #1 ****ing the bed.)

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
When did "dump and chase" become such a foreign concept in hockey? If anything, the Flyers should have been stressing it all season, as to not have their slower defense abused by counter-attack teams.

And btw, I can only hope that the Rangers' players are overlooking the Flyers as much as their fanbase. Good lord that's an awfully confident bunch for a series between teams that were separated by just two points in the standings.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
When did "dump and chase" become such a foreign concept in hockey? If anything, the Flyers should have been stressing it all season, as to not have their slower defense abused by counter-attack teams.

And btw, I can only hope that the Rangers' players are overlooking the Flyers as much as their fanbase. Good lord that's an awfully confident bunch for a series between teams that were separated by just two points in the standings.

Haha I know, reading their GDT is pretty funny, they're all so confident. You'd think we were about to play the Bruins... They're only the Rangers, we're a pretty even match up, these games are definitely winnable.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Dump and chase isn't exactly a prime strategy for highly skilled forwards like Giroux and Voracek.

Hartnell needs to be the difference. Dude's gotta be on his horse to plant McDonagh to the ice as soon as the puck enters the zone. He needs to reek havoc, cause turnovers, and make sure the puck is getting to G and Jake.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Here's the article from Frank Seravalli that Toc was referencing:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20140417_Berube_changing_up_game_plan_against_the_Rangers.html

it's an interesting strategy in the "possession era" but i like the first line's chances with switching it up and going D&C every once in a while on mcdonagh. test that shoulder early. you know hartnell will be hartnelling.
This is the part that stood out to me.

"I think you need to just keep making him turn all night," Berube said, referring to McDonagh pivoting back and forth when the puck is chipped behind him. "You have to make him work. [He is] going to play 30 minutes. I think the 30 minutes he plays, they have to be hard minutes. It's not only being hit, we have to grind him out, make him stay out long shifts and battle. That kind of stuff goes a long way."

IOW, if Hartnell's not smashing into him every single time, it's not necessarily a failure to implement the strategy.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Hope you guys have room for this Canadian. Always been a fan of G and the way he plays the game. Probably one of the top if not the best set up man in the game currently yet he's highly underrated.

Anyways, I'm hoping to see them whoop NYR. It has the potential to be a great series. I think that this one and the TB Vs MTL will be the best ones in the 1st round.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

It's going to be funny to see how their tune changes if we can manage to steal game 1. That also would put the pressure on the Rangers.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Hope you guys have room for this Canadian. Always been a fan of G and the way he plays the game. Probably one of the top if not the best set up man in the game currently yet he's highly underrated.

Anyways, I'm hoping to see them whoop NYR. It has the potential to be a great series. I think that this one and the TB Vs MTL will be the best ones in the 1st round.

Welcome aboard! There a surprising number of other Flyers fans who are also Canadian, so you should feel right at home.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Welcome aboard! There a surprising number of other Flyers fans who are also Canadian, so you should feel right at home.

It seems like a lot of the Canadian Flyers fans are from Vancouver too. I've also seen a bunch of Canucks fans supporting the Flyers since they're out of the playoffs.

Doors

Jan 13, 2014
Sweden
Looking forward to a bunch of huge hits by Zac Rinaldo tonight, hope that he can control himself and make 'em clean!

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
It seems like a lot of the Canadian Flyers fans are from Vancouver too. I've also seen a bunch of Canucks fans supporting the Flyers since they're out of the playoffs.

I was pleased to see lots of Flyers caps when I was in Van a couple of weeks ago! :handclap:

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
I also think Vinny goes animal mode now that playoffs are here !!!!

Driving home for Easter so missing most of game, but having parents pvr and going radio silent for the drive, so hope to get home and watch a win !

What if it goes to over time? You recording will end at the allotted time slot. And if you start watching a few hours behind when you realize the game went to OT it could be over, unless you record the next time slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad