Confirmed with Link: PNC Getting New 4,000 sq. ft Daktronics Scoreboard in 2019

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
You’d have to have decent phone service or WiFi in the arena for that to be the case. I can still barely check scores of other games on LTE from PNC...

They need to offer wifi if the scoreboard blocks the view so everyone who bought a ticket can watch the game.

Reactions: Unsustainable

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The Hurricanes Vice President of Technology, Glenn Johnson, headed up the effort to improve the Wifi in the arena back in 2017. They partnered with Extreme Networks, added all new network gear including 450 Access points. I don't know which flavor of AP they installed, but I can almost guarantee they were high density APs, which means they can reliably handle 100+ connections per.

sauce: PNC Arena and the Carolina Hurricanes Team Up with Extreme Networks to Deploy High-Density Wi-Fi Solution - Extreme Networks

Taken from the article:
At a peak event in ’16 the network transferred 587 GBs of data across the network; in ’17, the peak event transferred over 2 TBs of data across over Wi-Fi – with many events easily recording over 1TB of data transferred.

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Found this out during Select-A-Seat...

You know the screens on the underneath that are there to let the people down low see? Yeah, they're larger than the ones that were on the one they just took down.

PNC-Arena-videoboard-rendering.jpg

Gives you a good indication on how large this thing will be.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
They seem to be plugging this pretty hard. They normally do it from mike maniscalco's office and they are doing a special video portion live today at 2. Wonder if they are gonna give a sneak peak of the video board.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I love it but FFS the mere fact that they project shit on the ice right before the game makes my skull want to collapse upon itself. Is Dundon trying to kill everybody like in "Kingsmen" or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad