Post-Game Talk: Plus-Minus Thread | Penguins 7, Canadiens 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It was 1980's hockey night in Montreal.

Mario would have had 9 points last night.

:laugh: True.

I saw a stat that counting playoffs the Pens have been involved in the last 4 NHL games that have had a combined 13 goals. Surprisingly they have won 3 of the 4.

Feb 11, 2012, WPG (5) - PIT (8)

Apr 13, 2012, Playoffs (Game 2) PHI (8) - PIT (5)

Apr 18, 2012, Playoffs, (Game 4) PIT (10) - PHI (3)

Mar 2, 2013, PIT (7) - MTL (6) OT

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
They can bring in whoever they want - it won't make a difference. After seeing tonight's game and watching the same ****ing mistakes for years now, does it even matter? This team needs a serious wake up call and their accountabilibuddy to actually start coaching again.

It will be a minor miracle with everything clicking at the right time for us to win a Cup. We are a hot mess out there.

I'm right there with you Cole. I don't want to waste significant assets until the internal issues are solved.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Catching up on the last few pages, I saw a brief Sutter vs Staal debate. Staal is the clear victor as far as I'm concerned, but we're also talking about a $4 million cap hit difference. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any other player in the league as good as Sutter for $2 million.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Re-watching the game, I want to say:

I was critical of moving Neal to Sutter's line for two reasons. 1) I WANT SID TO HAVE SHINY TOYS, DUH! 2) Neal has been horrible at ES hockey this year, so making him the third wheel on the Sid line seemed like the best way to take advantage of his tools (his shot).

If he's going to play like he did last night: physical, driving to the net, creating space in the center of the ice, etc... the Pens can roll 2 scoring lines, with or without Geno. (Much better with Geno, obviously)

In fact, if Neal had played the first month like he played last night, I'm guessing no one would have had issues with the "3rd wheel" on that line, because they would have been producing at a much higher clip.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Re-watching the game, I want to say:

I was critical of moving Neal to Sutter's line for two reasons. 1) I WANT SID TO HAVE SHINY TOYS, DUH! 2) Neal has been horrible at ES hockey this year, so making him the third wheel on the Sid line seemed like the best way to take advantage of his tools (his shot).

If he's going to play like he did last night: physical, driving to the net, creating space in the center of the ice, etc... the Pens can roll 2 scoring lines, with or without Geno. (Much better with Geno, obviously)

In fact, if Neal had played the first month like he played last night, I'm guessing no one would have had issues with the "3rd wheel" on that line, because they would have been producing at a much higher clip.

Yup. I think he has picked up a lot more from playing with Geno than we see when he is actually playing with Geno. There have been a few moments in the past few games where I could have changed the name and number on his jersey and wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

If he can manage to fit that type of play into Malkin's line, it would be a real sight to behold.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Orpik was BRUTAL. Just brutal. I'm convinced he can go away and we wouldn't miss him. He was awful.

Our entire defense is back to watching the play and not being aggressive. What gives? It's so frustrating to watch Penguin games. Just so frustrating.

It's not the "defense" it is the total team defense including forwards.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens optional: Malkin, Bennett, Jeffrey, Kennedy, Glass, Vitale, Adams, Boychuk, Eaton, Nisky, Despres, Engelland, Bortuzzo, Fleury, Vokoun

Sorry. But the D should be skating their ***** of today. Not having a day off if they so choose.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
#Pens optional: Malkin, Bennett, Jeffrey, Kennedy, Glass, Vitale, Adams, Boychuk, Eaton, Nisky, Despres, Engelland, Bortuzzo, Fleury, Vokoun

Sorry. But the D should be skating their ***** of today. Not having a day off if they so choose.

Notice which D-men are missing too...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I will take TK's +3 and 4pts all day, every day, instead of Glass's 0pts and -6. Keep things in perspective. Sure TK can play better, but he is nowhere near the "hot seat".

Ask yourself what has Glass done?

HA! Hold up a sec... I guess I obviously haven't been paying enough attention.

Kennedy has four points? Total?!?

That's gotta be one of the saddest/most pathetic things I've heard all season. And that's saying something.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Notice which D-men are missing too...

you never know why they are missing: medical, off-ice, film, etc... but yea, the ones who have played the worst are the ones taking the day off from skating. It's about annoying, superficially, at least.

SaturdayNightSlegr

Jan 2, 2009
Pittsburgh suburbs
Deadlines are always filled with surprises. There's always a GM out there basing acquisitions on the past, thinking a change of scenery is all thats needed. Don't be surprised if Kennedy can fetch something of value, is what I'm saying. He will be moved.

And his 2 million means nothing

I will be surprised. TK will be lucky to get us a 4th. He is a 2million dollar winger with 2 goals. On a team with the two best centers in world with a need for a top six winger. He doesn't kill penalties, and his Ice time is very low.

Hopefully we'll get to see if I'm right.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
At this point does it really matter what TK fetches in return? He is detrimental to this team. He has moved into uncharted levels of uselessness. Boychuk would be worlds better at this point. He may not score but he seems to have some awareness and hockey IQ.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
#Pens DEFENSE optional: Malkin, Bennett, Jeffrey, Kennedy, Glass, Vitale, Adams, Boychuk, Eaton, Nisky, Despres, Engelland, Bortuzzo, Fleury, Vokoun

fixed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad