Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus Thread. Heart Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Do you think Dan will realize his offense and the pp is not going and maybe try something that works? I realize they didn't play bad but we have 2 goals thru 235 mins of hockey?

No. Not unless forced to. I vote he does whatever his moronic little heart tells him to next game.

KDC
IMN
MSC
GJA
-F-

L-N and whatever random pairings he picks.

And stretch passes to the end.

If we lose this series, I want it to be in such a way that Bylsma is gone. But if there's any chance of winning I want Bylsma's instincts ignored.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sorry, I'm not gonna watch this team lay down to these bunch of ********.

Pens won't have anything left to mount the comeback it would take.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
hes fine, didnt you see how well he played on that last shift. #1 d material. I mean come on, out muscled by BERGERON?

What are you talking about? That Bergeron, at 6'5, 270 lbs, is a tough ******. :help:

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I.... I.. just can't even..

I'm looking for any glimmer of hope, but I just can't find it..

Lemme help, if this team actually did win or comes back to win this series, do you honestly feel they have what it takes the take down the hawks or kings?

So why not take the pain of ducking out now instead of the cup finals. Glass half full kinda look?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
- Engelland. it's like when the puck is on Engelland's stick it's suddenly made out of lead. his **** ass clearing attempts never led to any goals but they led to some strong Bruins shifts and tired our players out. Despres makes stronger plays on his backhand than Engelland does on his forehand.

- we were a ****ing joke 4-on-4. it's amazing to see how the Bruins gained the zone compared to the Pens. really night and day as far as breakouts and puck support.

+ PK, Malkin, Martin, Vokoun, Neal

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
It's a game like this, when you see lines that makes sense and adjustments at ES, that remind me just why I said that it would be coaching that would be the biggest impediment for the Pens. No adjustments to the PP, and spotting Boston two games with the arrogant line combinations and game plans. I said that 'IF DAN' would be the worst inscribed on this season's gravestone. Barring a miracle . . . eh, what might have been.

This.

We have the roster to win this series.

We do not have the coach to win this series. DB ****ing sports the Bs 2 games before shaking things up. **** you.

Kruncher11

a whole lotta grease
Jun 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
How about Vokoun & Rask? Such great goaltending from both, was an awesome game to watch once we got going... Even though it was a loss.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
sorry, one last post: Dan Bylsma will NOT be fired. I'll bet anyone anything.

Malkin will be re-signed, Dan will be brought back, 'keep doing what we're doing, just execute better' etc etc etc... He's not going anywhere. Thinking otherwise is just allowing yourselves to be blinded by the emotions of the situation. I'm not saying that to be an ass. It's just... there's no ****ing way he's fired.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How many power plays do we have to not score on in a row for DB to realize something needs to ****ing change!!

8475983470958723409857092384702983476872349867???

Our fourth line could probably do a better job.

As I said, no two words sum up this season, and really the last four years, better than IF DAN.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
+++geno had 21 attempted shot, 12 on goal, what are the odds
++Voky rarely loses games
+++Cooke is great
---Letang and Engo pure garbage
--everything else was meh Sid had 3 good backchecks but overall the worst series of his life
feel like didn't see Martin at the end
pp when it doesn't work mix it up, we had some good shots, but mix it up, thta last pp you gotta score

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Plus:
Vokoun was outstanding. I feel the worst for him, because he played well enough to deserve a win.

Malkin was fantastic as well. He was really jumping. He just couldn't buy a goal.

Martin was the best defenseman for the Pens, by far. Both in terms of his defensive work and his play in his own zone.

Even:
I thought Sid was bad for the first two periods, but I thought he can alive after that. His shift when he got his helmet knocked off in OT was fantastic. Maybe he should play without a helmet. :sarcasm:

Minus:
Bylsma. I'm tired of the guy. His potential firing is the ONLY consolation of a potential sweep by the Bruins.

PP. This one is again due to Bylsma. The PP goes 0 for 12 in the series, and not ONCE does Bylsma try putting Iginla back on the top unit. You know, the unit that was operating at over 35% when Iginla was playing on it in Round 1.

Letang. I'm sorry, but he's an idiot. He shoots when he has no screen, pump fakes and passes when he's got a crowd in front of the net and Rask is screened. He can't hit Malkin's sweet spot for a one-timer, either. And he just generally fires passes to no one in particular usually with a Bruin in the way.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
I honestly cannot believe that DB thought starting the game with Niskanen-Letang pairing up was the best he could do. It makes you wonder what he sees when he breaks down the tape.

I'm still holding out hope there is a 3-0 miracle there somewhere but when you score 2 ****ing goals in 11 periods, what is there to say. Other than you're tired of DB?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Everything about this game, save for the Pens losing

- Not one damn thing

This is textbook playoff hockey and sometimes the other team wins. Not a big deal. Do the best we can for the rest of our season and be thankful for the fact that we got to see pro hockey this year

Let's Go Pens!

Absolutely, it's what makes the coaching arrogance of the prior two games all the more infuriating.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Funny how Morrow and Iginla end up being liabilities against the team they were brought over to beat.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Just crazy how our PP cant do anything at all. Simply amazing. No net presence for any rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad