+ Parts of Geno
+ Cooke
+ PK
+ Helmet-less Sid

-Nisky-Letang
-Bylsma making changes too late
-Losing in 2OT

Meh.

We played so well and it kind of stings a lot.

shaler79

May 7, 2013
Michigan
+++++everyone that was one hell of a game

----- Ray Shero, if it's not broke don't fix it. He brought in Iginla and Morrow to beat the Bruins, should have brought in some guys with speed. Speed beats the Bruins and these two don't have it.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
all credit to rask, the bruins had no business making it to overtime. sadly the penguins performances in the first two games didnt give them any cushion in the event of a goaltending performance like this.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
+ only one game left for DB
+ at least we didn't look like clowns playing like a pee wee team
+ Malkin, Neal, TV

---- all the homer fans screaming we outplayed them when it's 0 to 3
---- all the homer fans screaming we outplayed them with *2* goals scored
---- Letang, thanks, I don't even need to type how you are not worth 6.5 M...

Kruncher11

a whole lotta grease
Jun 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
+2nd half of game when we "woke up"
+Vokoun
+Beau

I'm not giving anyone else pluses because this is the way we should have been playing all along.

EDIT: + for Iginla with the flying back hand

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Two winnable games and Pens are down 3-0. Just wasn't meant to be this year.

Not sure why anyone thinks Byslma will be gone after getting to the ECF. Ain't gonna happen.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The wrong team won this game. That's all I really have to say

They went down fighting, though. Can't say they didn't give it their all.

It's a game like this, when you see lines that makes sense and adjustments at ES, that remind me just why I said that it would be coaching that would be the biggest impediment for the Pens. No adjustments to the PP, and spotting Boston two games with the arrogant line combinations and game plans. I said that 'IF DAN' would be the worst inscribed on this season's gravestone. Barring a miracle . . . eh, what might have been.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
I.... I.. just can't even..

I'm looking for any glimmer of hope, but I just can't find it..

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
I'm trying to see the game from a neutral standpoint, as it's a great way of not getting emotional over the loss. That was a great game of hockey. 2-1 in a 2OT game with a total of 94 shots on net. Lots of chances both ways.

Unfortunately the good guys lost out. It happens. Thankfully the actually showed up to play tonight. It's just a pity it's taken two embarrassing losses before we got to see them show something.

Love Geno's game today. Cooke was all over the ice. Vokoun was excellent. Sid's going to get singled out because of who he is, but he was so bad. Far too many of those blind backhand passes to no-one, he may as well patent that move.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
+++Vokoun. Gotta feel for the guy.

------------Engelland. The game winner was probably the 20th time that game Engelland just banked it off the boards for a turnover, 'cause he's too stupid and worthless to do anything else. Bylsma is culpable for dressing that plug.

---That PP really looks like it's got a purpose when it's out there, eh? Good thing we switched it up from earlier when it was really struggling.

Tacticalpanic

Apr 30, 2012
The wrong team won this game. That's all I really have to say

They went down fighting, though. Can't say they didn't give it their all.

while I agree, its not good enough to show up in game 3 , luck of the bounce happens in overtime , by not showing up in game 1 and 2 we left ourselves with no room for error.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
There are sports games I've played in that didn't piss me off like this did. I'm ****ing heated and I need to sleep.

HockeyNymphomaniac*

Please don't get swept... Maybe playing the Sens softened you guys. They are a soft/timid team and didn't prepare the Pens for the Bruins? I'm probably just mad, but damn I never thought they would have a chance of being swept ugh!

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
- Bylsma his adjustments were still ******** and cost us the game. Nisky-Letang? No Iggy on the #1 unit? Benching one of your best players in Bennett for looooong stretches of time? Dressing Engelland? Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis still after they've done nothing for over a series?

Bye bye ****** bag.

CrozJawz*

There were things that I warned about would come back to haunt them in the POs and low and behold, here they are.

It's like watching the Steelers, year after year, knowing what their weaknesses and problems are, yet they do nothing about it.

4 years we've seen the same thing and nothing changes.

Having the 2 best players in the world on your team means nothing if you don't finish.

Now, it is guaranteed that Toews and Kane or Richards and Carter or Marchand and Lucic will have more Cups than Crosby and Malkin...

Two players don't make a team.

du5566*

Epic game both teams deserved to win. Regardless of the outcome the Penguins played their ***** off tonight. Impressive effort coming of games one and two. Sometimes things just don't go your way. Keep your heads up and ignore the haters. Have a good night.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
Infinite + Vokoun
+++ Malkin, Neal, Cooke, Beau
++ Martin, Murray, Orpik
+ Sid's last shift

-Sid's other shifts
-------------- Letang, Niskanen
------------------ referees

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The one thing Morrow would be useful at would be a net front presence. But they never used him in that fashion. Plant him there on the PP. Make them worry about it, and give Rask an obstacle to look around for the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad