Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus Thread. Heart Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
DB's biggest flaw is his allegiance to certain players. He won't break up Sid's line. Even if it was obvious as **** last night that Sid was in the offensive zone more with Bennett and Iggy.

Bennett-Sid-Iggy
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Morrow-Vitale-Adams

Dupes can take the demotion like a man or walk in FA.

That's what I'd like to see tomorrow. I mean if Jarome Iginla can handle playing on a third line, so can Pascal Dupuis

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Do not use your feelings, Luke; they are betraying your brain. I have not called for Sid to be stripped of the C. You may be thinking of my awesome idea a few years ago of having Orpik be "co-captain". I felt it might be good to think outside of the box and have two captains. :laugh: This was not a popular idea but it also wasn't totally serious.

Sorry, I guess I slightly misread what you said

I actually agree with this to an extend. Crosby is a great leader off the ice and in practice (by example) and sometime in games... but he was anything but a leader tonight and has been anything but all season. Honestly... Geno deserves the C right now more than Sid does and it looks outwardly anyway like he cares more too. Who knows how many trash cans are flying in the room right now though; Sid may be losing his mind. I just wish he'd do it once in a while (to his own team). Tonight was the perfect time. Maybe he does that stuff in the room only to avoid media frenzy.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=58653221&postcount=173

I'm a bit busy, I'll try to find the time you brought it up during last year's Flyers series.

Source: I have an eidetic memory.

CrozJawz*

I will say it again, look at how the Pens beat the Bruins 3 times in the regular season.

It wasn't by playing a fast and loose game like they did in games 1 and 2, and even some in game 3. They played a tight checking, defensive, positionally sound game anod won.

Now they are playing a Capitals or Lightning style of play, trading chances with your opponent and hoping to simply outscore them. It doesn't work against teams like Boston and we are seeing that now.

Dupuis is not a top 6 winger and we have seen that for several playoff series now. Kunitz is barely a top 6 forward that is fading fast at this point of his career.
Neal is a one trick pony that only produces when Malkin is drawing coverage away from him.

Last year they had no trouble scoring (Sid and Geno did) but couldn't stop the Flyers from scoring more.

This year they can't score at all and are getting ground into the ice by the Bruins' defense.

This team lacked depth, Shero went ALL IN and brought in some veteran presence and they have done nothing since getting here.

I see another trainwreck of an offseason for Shero and the Pens, with Bylsma coming back, Fleury coming back, Letang and Dupuis getting re-signed for way too much money, and nobody that would truly compliment this team being brought in...:rant:

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
I will say it again, look at how the Pens beat the Bruins 3 times in the regular season.

It wasn't by playing a fast and loose game like they did in games 1 and 2, and even some in game 3. They played a tight checking, defensive, positionally sound game anod won.

Now they are playing a Capitals or Lightning style of play, trading chances with your opponent and hoping to simply outscore them. It doesn't work against teams like Boston and we are seeing that now.

Dupuis is not a top 6 winger and we have seen that for several playoff series now. Kunitz is barely a top 6 forward that is fading fast at this point of his career.
Neal is a one trick pony that only produces when Malkin is drawing coverage away from him.

Last year they had no trouble scoring (Sid and Geno did) but couldn't stop the Flyers from scoring more.

This year they can't score at all and are getting ground into the ice by the Bruins' defense.

This team lacked depth, Shero went ALL IN and brought in some veteran presence and they have done nothing since getting here.

I see another trainwreck of an offseason for Shero and the Pens, with Bylsma coming back, Fleury coming back, Letang and Dupuis getting re-signed for way too much money, and nobody that would truly compliment this team being brought in...:rant:

this would be very bad and, not to be all dramatic emo-y, but i honestly might cease following this team as i do now if that comes to pass.

fortunately i doubt that will happen. shero is a smart person and, at the very least, i am confident he recognizes fleury sucks really bad.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Yeah, I thought he was going to turn around and go after him... was clearly dazed. Was looking at a spot on the ground trying not to fall. I do that when i'm wasted....

His post game quote was 'I think I brained my damage.' but nothing otherwise.

It was a bad hit, but I kinda found it funny watching him stand in the same spot for 10 seconds while figuring out which hemisphere he was in.

he's insane. wow props to him

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Actually he's pretty stupid for staying in the game and helping his team to lose. That is... if he was actually dazed. Though, to be fair, the way Orpik has played for large stretches, it's tough to tell if him getting overpowerd by a player he should never allow that to happen against was really the result of him being shaken up or simply a result of him just sort of letting things like that happen a lot, the last couple of years.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
I agree. And this might sound a little harsh, but I don't know how crazy I am about the idea to resign Dupuis to a deal worth $3m+ to watch him rack up points because of Sid in the regular season and then drag him down in the playoffs.

I'd still love him as a third liner though.

Let him walk. Enuff is enuff

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
lol, I'm watching NHL Tonight, the teaser at the top of the show:
"Game 4 - How a memorable 61 seconds by a broken Bruin could become Boston's rallying cry"

What does that even mean? They know the Pens are the team down 0-3, no?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'll post this in the pre-game and game thread as well but we can't lose tonight:

+we start our Comeback
+it could be DB's last game as coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad