Post-Game Talk: Plus-minus | Penguins 3, Panthers 1

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Will pass along any Malkin updates as they come along. Unfortunately that overshadows much of the game at the moment.

UPDATES: Nothing forthcoming tonight. Will be reevaluated tomorrow.

If Malkin misses time, Sutter will be moved up to the second line with Jeffrey centering the third.

Last edited:

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
I'm glad we have those new doctors this year in case he has a neck injury the old doctors would miss

hctopcheds11

Oct 6, 2009
Legitimately a snooze fest.

Offensively, we were just all around pretty awful at creating high quality scoring chances.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
+ Beau Bennett will be a great player for us someday. I hope it's sooner rather than later, but he's shown the talent that lead the Pens to draft him.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
+ Flower
+ Puck Possession
+ Kunitz using his stick in front instead of his skate

As for Geno, I think he will be fine. Got rattled pretty hard, but I don't think he will miss too much time if any......he didn't seem really wobbly when he left the ice. Hoping for the best.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
+ nice team rebound effort. they needed to work hard, and they did from the net on out.

- congratulations Panthers, you learned much from playing Filthadelphia last night.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
- Anyone still want to talk about this teams 'toughness'? This team is the biggest collection of sissies I've seen in decades. Name one other team in the league in the last 50 years that would have absolutely no response to their star player getting launched into the boards and leaving w/ a possible concussion. Just embarrassing. Whether the hit was dirty or not (I don't think it was) shouldn't matter.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Stuff happens, but I can't imagine a more tepid response than what the Pens gave to Malkin going out. You don't go after the guy who did it. You don't pick up the physical play on their stars. This **** has been going on all season. How many times has Letang been a target? Sid not do much, but he's getting it too. When Malkin gets taken out of a game like that, even on a clean hit, and the Pens do nothing, it sends a message that every one of their stars is fair game. This team is soft, and it's been soft now for a long time. Just pathetic.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
- Malkin's injury

- BYLSMA BENCHING TK IN 2ND, THROWING HIM OUT THERE IN THE 3RD, 48 TAKING A PENALTY, AND THEN GIVING HIM PP TIME LATER.

I'm so angry about this.

- Sid: I thought he floated most of the game. I don't know if he was tired from playing 27 minutes against Philly, but he didn't seem nearly as engaged imo. Also: STOP PASSING UP GOLDEN SHOT OPPORTUNITIES. And stop the cross-ice passes FFS.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- Anyone still want to talk about this teams 'toughness'? This team is the biggest collection of sissies I've seen in decades. Name one other team in the league in the last 50 years that would have absolutely no response to their star player getting launched into the boards and leaving w/ a possible concussion. Just embarrassing. Whether the hit was dirty or not (I don't think it was) shouldn't matter.

AMEN

Yeah, the Pens won a team missing 5 starters that shot it's load the night before against Philly. If I'm another team watching, all I saw is that I can keep going after Letang and Sid and whoever else on the Pens I want, because there's not a ******* thing the Pens will do about it.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Bennett playing gives the Pens some latitude with the trade deadline. Unlike Dejan who thinks a veteran D Man is the first want, me I still want the RH shot winger for either Malkins or Sids off wing. And he needs to have some size and grit as well. Maybe another Guerin type.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Idk, I've seen more boring games over the years.

+DJ. Way to get on the score sheet, but I'm sure it will get you benched next game anyways. Unreal pass from Cooke also.

+Fleury. Fantastic game tonight.

+BB. IMO the best winger tonight. Looked really good out there I thought.

+Letang to Despres. Just that one sequence where they passed back and forth a few times right along the blue line, tape to tape and hard. Good display of skill there.

-Malkin's injury. Well we went like 15 games without a major injury, that was just too much for the hockey gods though. Please be ok, big guy.

-Wooing. And it happened at like the 9-10 minute mark in the 3rd. So ******* annoying. Want to personally punch every wooer in the face every time I hear it.

-Empty net opportunities. God damnit Kunitz, does it get any easier? (don't want to turn this into that threat, but does an actual SKILLED winger miss that?) And why does Crosby never get these chances? Best faceoff guy, yet we have Sutter take it.. Sid is also obviously great defensively.. idk why it's like Bylsma doesn't want him to get empty net points. And I realize he was on the ice for like the last 10 seconds.

-Neal. Invisible tonight.

-Mueller's hair. You're playing hockey dude, not the drums.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Heres what DB will probably say tonight Geno has a upper body injury hes day to day

Well, maybe he'll also note that everyone else has lower body injuries, because the lack of response to the hit on Geno tells me none of them have any balls.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Obviously malkin's injury

But I would just like to say, how great it is to finally have a skilled winger. Welcome beau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad