Post-Game Talk (GBU): Plugs!

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I have an idea. As soon as a game ends.... You make a GBU instead of waiting for someone else to make it. That goes for anyone who notices there isn't a GBU.

You don't see one when the game ends? Make one!

Problem solved ;)

So one can only comment about the low number of posts if they create the GBU? Cool! I'll remember that next time. That won't add to the number of posts, or solve the problem, but I'll remember it!

And some folks need to relax and enjoy the win. Let's face it, if you can't enjoy a win over the Bruins while making Chara look bad, then I don't know what to say. There was more than one poster in the GDT that was mad we beat the Bruins because it would affect the tank.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Its not that there wasn't a GBU, its that there is a much quicker response to the losses than to the wins. Its an observation I was making.

Our fanbase on these boards seem to be on the pessimistic side.

Do you blame them? I had a fun game wit my cousins over Christmas. We named our favorite Sabres of the last decade. By the end of this season I expect 1 of them to still be a Sabre. We are in last place, there's 1 exciting prospect on the roster, all of our favorite players are gone or leaving, at best case we are another full season away from meaningful hockey, Ville Leino, and John Scott.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Its not that there wasn't a GBU, its that there is a much quicker response to the losses than to the wins. Its an observation I was making.

Our fanbase on these boards seem to be on the pessimistic side.

I mostly agree with you, hence the somewhat facetious tone in my initial post. Honestly, the endless tank comments get a tad depressing after a while.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Do you blame them? I had a fun game wit my cousins over Christmas. We named our favorite Sabres of the last decade. By the end of this season I expect 1 of them to still be a Sabre. We are in last place, there's 1 exciting prospect on the roster, all of our favorite players are gone or leaving, at best case we are another full season away from meaningful hockey, Ville Leino, and John Scott.

Fine, but enjoy the two wins.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
G:
Beating Boston
Girgs Scoring

B:
Notta

U:
Marchand clipping Myers in the sack.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Fine, but enjoy the two wins.

I did. That's what I resent, the implication that because I'd like to see us lose and pick 1st and get McDavid that I don't enjoy it when the team wins. It's a horse **** claim by people who don't agree with tanking to make themselves appear as better fans because they're pissed off by the hard line positions that some tankers take. I want a cup, I see wins every season, I don't get to up about a 2 game winning streak from the worst team in the league. Doesn't mean I didn't txt my Boston friends to gloat, doesn't mean I refuse to wear my Sabres gear, or tell people that Im actually a Canucks fan. I'm just realistic about what I want.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
I embrace the tank. But in the end, these two wins don't make me upset, mad, whatever.

I mean....have you seen the March schedule!? Possibly without Miller, Moulson, and Ott? SHEESH.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Didn't see a GBU.....

G- The plugs came up big tonight, Flynn & D'Agostini especially
-Hodgson had an assist and did try to post up with Chara
-Leino had a beauty pass to Flynn
-Myers had another goal
-Moulson
-I thought Enroth had a good showing despite the scoreboard

Not going to dwell on the bad, we have a post Olympic win streak :laugh:

You mean the pass from 10 ft away and still didn't get it onto Flynns stick? :laugh:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Girgensons deserves to be on a contending team in 2-3 years team.

I really hope they don't screw this up, this guy's willpower alone will get them through a playoff round or two.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Girgensons deserves to be on a contending team in 2-3 years team.

I really hope they don't screw this up, this guy's willpower alone will get them through a playoff round or two.

That's over exaggerating it, but I agree with what you're thinking. I can't wait to see Zemgus in a playoff game.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Did anyone else just bust out laughing when Dags beat Chara and scored? That was extremely funny to me.

For a 5-4 game I thought last night was really boring.

Myers, Flynn, Girgensons, Ott all stood out to me last night. Enroth had a great game despite giving up 4 goals.

If we trade Tallinder I fear we'll be seeing John Scott on D for the rest of the year :biglaugh:

They'll call up Pysyk, Ruhwedel and/or McNabb from Rochester if they trade Tallinder. I can't imagine they will keep Scott full-time on D. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad