Didn't see a GBU.....

G- The plugs came up big tonight, Flynn & D'Agostini especially
-Hodgson had an assist and did try to post up with Chara
-Leino had a beauty pass to Flynn
-Myers had another goal
-Moulson
-I thought Enroth had a good showing despite the scoreboard

Not going to dwell on the bad, we have a post Olympic win streak :laugh:

Yep, the Sabres kicked ass at home winning 5-4 in OT.... How bout Ted Nolan giving pep talks on the bench?? :)

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Yep, the Sabres kicked ass at home winning 5-4 in OT.... How bout Ted Nolan giving pep talks on the bench?? :)

I'm not sure how I feel about Nolan, he is a good motivator and his Latvian Olympic players (Daugevins I think) said he made them believe they can win, but I wouldn't mind more creativity. More flash, exploit player mismatches, less dumping it in. Still, nice to beat the Bruins :D

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm not sure how I feel about Nolan, he is a good motivator and his Latvian Olympic players (Daugevins I think) said he made them believe they can win, but I wouldn't mind more creativity. More flash, exploit player mismatches, less dumping it in. Still, nice to beat the Bruins :D

To be honest the world is not sure about Ted Nolan... Is all I know he makes crap play better, we will see.... this stint in Buffalo is the last chance Teddy will have in the NHL..

I think he knows it too...

Oakstream

Let's go Buffalo!
Aug 10, 2010
Sweden
Great win! Gave me vibes of Sabres teams long lost (2005). No quit, late comeback and exciting win in OT.

ZemgsG

Feb 26, 2009
Don't matter if they lose to the rest as long as they win Bruins. Fantastic comeback. Damn, 2 in a row when there's all those scouts watching.

Have Leino lost his speed entirely? My god he is _slow_.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
7 posts in a GBU thread? People, we beat the Canes and Bruins on successive nights. That's a good thing!

Good:
Myers
Flynn
Erhoff
Girg

Bad:
Not much here. Even Leino made a couple of nice plays.

Ugly:
Lucic
Marchand

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
7 posts in a GBU thread? People, we beat the Canes and Bruins on successive nights. That's a good thing!

Good:
Myers
Flynn
Erhoff
Girg

Bad:
Not much here. Even Leino made a couple of nice plays.

Ugly:
Lucic
Marchand

Its because we're supposed to be happy when we lose. Other posters don't like it when other fans have a different perspective on the team. They look down on those that cheer for the team to win no matter what.

I'm always happy when we beat the Bruins especially on National TV. When it involves a direct play of beating Chara to win, it's the cherry on top. I'm in the pro-tanking side, but I can be happy once in a while knowing Ted Nolan gets these guys to play.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: FGF line-especially Girgensons and Flynn. Flynn always shows up for Boston
Ehrhoff and Myers-they're are only top 4 D so obviously they have to play well if we are going to win.
Ott-I want him signed but Murray makes a good point in saying that Ott deserves a shot even if that's not Ott's line of thinking and of course he's going to give us a good return.
Moulson-might actually play a little bit better with Leino than Ennis. Ville plays more at his pace and doesn't rely on the cycle too much.
D'ags-with the winner
Nice to get Enroth a win.

B: I'm not sure it's the last time we see Scott playing D.

U: We beat boston so nothing here

Karate Johnson*

When we have more talent we can see how he does.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I didn't get to watch the game so i can only go off of highlights:

G - loved that goal from Girgs. I can't say enough good about this kid and I love watching him develop.

B - Scott turnover led to a boston goal. That was pretty bad.

U - hurting the tank ;) No, i think blowing a two goal lead is fairly ugly, but hard to complain when they find away to take the W.

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
G. Comeback win over the Bruins.
Moulslon looked good.
D'Ag's hustle play at the end.

B. did not know this was the GBU thread as title did not say GBU

U. Trade deadline needs to get here.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Did anyone else just bust out laughing when Dags beat Chara and scored? That was extremely funny to me.

For a 5-4 game I thought last night was really boring.

Myers, Flynn, Girgensons, Ott all stood out to me last night. Enroth had a great game despite giving up 4 goals.

If we trade Tallinder I fear we'll be seeing John Scott on D for the rest of the year :biglaugh:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Its because we're supposed to be happy when we lose. Other posters don't like it when other fans have a different perspective on the team. They look down on those that cheer for the team to win no matter what.

I'm always happy when we beat the Bruins especially on National TV. When it involves a direct play of beating Chara to win, it's the cherry on top. I'm in the pro-tanking side, but I can be happy once in a while knowing Ted Nolan gets these guys to play.

I think it has more to do with there only being 18 people on the GDT and at least one (me) made dinner after the game and didn't bother with a GBU. I'm a firm tanker but loved every minute of tonight.

But hey, there nothing like criticizing condescending people by being condescending, fight the power!

In all honesty what really is there to take away from these games? We're out of the playoff picture, there's only 1 maybe 2 players on the roster that people are really interested in from a future perspective, there's a lot of hate for Jhonas so that isn't much of a topic, there's possibly the biggest trade deadline in team history overshadowing anything that happens this week (barring an injury), and on top of that we just came off the Olympics where I watched games that actually mattered. This blip, even against Sekera and the Bruins, is just so many notches lower in significance that I'm having trouble getting the adrenaline up. It's like when you drive at 80 mph then slow down to 40 you feel like you're crawling. After US v Canada these games were like preseason games.

Last edited:

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Did anyone else just bust out laughing when Dags beat Chara and scored? That was extremely funny to me.

For a 5-4 game I thought last night was really boring.

Myers, Flynn, Girgensons, Ott all stood out to me last night. Enroth had a great game despite giving up 4 goals.

If we trade Tallinder I fear we'll be seeing John Scott on D for the rest of the year :biglaugh:

Why do you fear? EMBRACE IT! We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll pull our hair out, but in the end it'll be A LOT OF FUN!

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think it has more to do with there only being 18 people on the GDT and at least one (me) made dinner after the game and didn't bother with a GBU. I'm a firm tanker but loved every minute of tonight.

But hey, there nothing like criticizing condescending people by being condescending, fight the power!

In all honesty what really is there to take away from these games? We're out of the playoff picture, there's only 1 maybe 2 players on the roster that people are really interested in from a future perspective, there's a lot of hate for Jhonas so that isn't much of a topic, there's possibly the biggest trade deadline in team history overshadowing anything that happens this week (barring an injury), and on top of that we just came off the Olympics where I watched games that actually mattered. This blip, even against Sekera and the Bruins, is just so many notches lower in significance that I'm having trouble getting the adrenaline up. It's like when you drive at 80 mph then slow down to 40 you feel like you're crawling. After US v Canada these games were like preseason games.

I can see what you're saying, but EVERY loss there was a GBU thread within minutes with pages of comments.

In general, it just seems when there is something positive, nobody wants to comment on it and be positive, yet when something negative happens, people can't wait to make comments.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Missed the game due to hockey practice but saw the highlights. Any win against the Bruins is a big G by me. Esp. when Chara gets schooled.

Enroth get a W as well. Nice.

Right or wrong, the team is playing hard and that's mainly due to Nolan AND the fact that a lot of them know their future hockey careers are on the line. They will finish where they finish and we'll draft accordingly. I don't obsess about it like so many others here tend to.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I can see what you're saying, but EVERY loss there was a GBU thread within minutes with pages of comments.

In general, it just seems when there is something positive, nobody wants to comment on it and be positive, yet when something negative happens, people can't wait to make comments.

I have an idea. As soon as a game ends.... You make a GBU instead of waiting for someone else to make it. That goes for anyone who notices there isn't a GBU.

You don't see one when the game ends? Make one!

Problem solved ;)

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

That's not true, I've come along an hour after a loss and created the GBU myself. Some posters don't want to step on toes creating threads that are normally handled by other people. The first time I did it I msged three mods to make sure I wasn't doing something I wasn't supposed to. Straight up just look how many people are around for games these days. The Bs thread at the time of the goofy penalty on Marchand had double the pages. The level of care is at an all time low, the only thing worth doing during a game is drinking and cracking jokes. The mods don't want you cracking jokes in GDT and sitting at your computer watching some of these games is bad for my liver, so half the time I've shut off the computer and just have the game in as background noise. If they win or lose it doesn't matter in terms of the 2014 season, but if something pisses me off I come to talk about it. People always comment more on negative things, not just here, bad makes people angry and angry is motivating.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I have an idea. As soon as a game ends.... You make a GBU instead of waiting for someone else to make it. That goes for anyone who notices there isn't a GBU.

You don't see one when the game ends? Make one!

Problem solved ;)

Its not that there wasn't a GBU, its that there is a much quicker response to the losses than to the wins. Its an observation I was making.

Our fanbase on these boards seem to be on the pessimistic side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad