GDT: Please win a few more games against the Metro. CAR at CLB

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Last road win was in Colorado, almost 3 weeks ago now. Unfortunately the good vibes that came from that night, and that road trip, vanished into thin air.

Reactions: Tryamw

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I know its oversimplifying to blame the goalie, but 3 goals on 17 shots is just mathematically unacceptable. That's not counting the one that got overturned and the two that squeaked through that skaters had to bail out. Holding an nhl team to under 20 shots in a game is a pretty solid night of defense- 17 is only 5 and a fraction shots per period.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Remember when no other team even sniffed around Mrazek in free agency

Yeah, maybe they knew something

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Yeah, Mrazek was freakin awful tonight. Not sure he "really" made more than 3-4 saves. A few pucks hit him in the gut, a few got through but D-men saved him, the rest went in. Should have been about 8-2 CBJ

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I know its oversimplifying to blame the goalie, but 3 goals on 17 shots is just mathematically unacceptable. That's not counting the one that got overturned and the two that squeaked through that skaters had to bail out. Holding an nhl team to under 20 shots in a game is a pretty solid night of defense- 17 is only 5 and a fraction shots per period.
It's flat out unacceptable. You hold them to that shot total, you've done your job in this league. The goaltender needs to carry his own weight, and ours just don't. Period, they don't.

We can withstand a Dougie injury, but we need competence in net. If we had a top half of the league starter, we'd be fine. But our duo is bottom of the trash bin rotten garbage. We aren't winning anything with this trash playing every night.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Offense sans Hamilton is going to be a problem. There's no way around that. What perhaps is something that they can address is skating. Half of the defense (Riemsdyk, Gardiner and Edmundson) is noticeably slow.

I think we need to see both Fleury and Bean in the lineup. They'll make mistakes that young defensemen make, but at least they have the ability to recover.

Edmundson - Slavin (He played RD back in 15-16)
Fleury - Pesce
Bean - van Riemsdyk
Gardiner

Not meant as a hot take.

Reactions: cptjeff and Tryamw

Justshootmore

Mar 13, 2018
Btw, does anyone know how Forsberg is playing this season? Like besides the stats, that look about the same as Ned's stats? I mean he definitely isn't a long term solution, but he at least has some NHL experience.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Great game by Carolina, the Jackets were outplayed, for the most part, the luck was on our side.

That said, the Canes might use Georgiev

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
After the first goal (and the almost goal immediately after), I chose to watch the Minnesota/Tampa game instead of this one.

I feel like I made the right decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad