Tribute Please vote for the 8 best NYRs listed

Please vote for the 8 best NYRs listed. The order is random.

• Total voters

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Hadfield was near useless throughout the entire series. I should have taken the third man penalty to save Rolfe.

Emile Francis was so mad he traded Hadfield to Pittsburgh two weeks later for Nick Beverly.
Francis dealt him because he said he saw Hadfield laughing in the penalty box.while he was serving a TMM penalty with less than 2 minutes to go. Had nothing to do with the Rolfe fight.

Hadfield had a broken thumb…couldn’t have done anything to Shultz anyways. He got dealt, and put up two straight 30 goal seasons.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Surprised there isn’t more love for my boy Boucher. He, Joliat and Morenz were the best forwards in the early days

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I ran a series of polls on the main board to see which of my top 49 all-time I could get them to vote for the HHoF. I'll list the players I could not get them to vote for and then the players they voted for. @NickyFotiu

Cyclone Taylor
Bill Cook* - NYR
Newsy Lalonde
Frank Boucher* - NYR
King Clancy
Syl Apps

Beliveau, Jean
Bossy, Mike
Bourque, Ray
Brodeur, Martin
Chelios, Chris
Clarke, Bobby
Coffey, Paul
Crosby, Sidney
Dryden, Ken
Esposito, Phil
Fetisov, V
Gretzky, Wayne
Hall, Glenn
Harvey, Doug
Hasek, Dominik
Howe, Gordie
Hull, Bobby
Jagr, Jaromir
Kelly, Red
Kharlamov, Valeri
Lafleur, Guy
Lemieux, Mario
Lidstrom, Nicklas
Lindsay, Ted
Makarov, Sergei
McDavid, Connor
Messier, Mark
Mikita, Stan
Morenz, Howie
Nighbor, Frank
Orr, Bobby
Ovechkin, Alex
Park, Brad
Plante, Jacques
Potvin, Denis
Richard, Maurice
Robinson, Larry
Roy, Patrick
Sakic, Joe
Sawchuk, Terry
Shore, Eddie
Trottier, Bryan
Yzerman, Steve

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
You guys talking about Cook and Boucher have even me feeling young lol.
If you ran this poll on the Habs forum do you think they would leave out Morenz or Richards? There's this very strange erasure of the successful, cool part of Rangers history. I don't get it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I ran a series of polls on the main board to see which of my top 49 all-time I could get them to vote for the HHoF. I'll list the players I could not get them to vote for and then the players they voted for. @NickyFotiu

Cyclone Taylor
Bill Cook* - NYR
Newsy Lalonde
Frank Boucher* - NYR
King Clancy
Syl Apps
That is a big endeavor. Has anyone actually seen most those players play? I feel like players before 1970 are hard to compare to after 1970.

If you ran this poll on the Habs forum do you think they would leave out Morenz or Richards? There's this very strange erasure of the successful, cool part of Rangers history. I don't get it.
I would not seek to ignore anyone but its hard for me to honestly compare the guys I have never seen play. I go back in general to the Rod Gilbert years and even those were towards his tail end. Most I know about Harry were from video and my dad talking to me.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Not enough love for Bill Cook*.

*Most probably never heard of the guy. Me neither, up until couple months ago.

If I recall the literature correctly, Cook and his line revolutionized the playmaking and passing game.

Way before the Soviets opened North American eyes, with the Summit Series 1972, people remembered that it was Cook's NYR, that first displayed such a pass heavy and creative hockey.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
That is a big endeavor. Has anyone actually seen most those players play? I feel like players before 1970 are hard to compare to after 1970.

I would not seek to ignore anyone but its hard for me to honestly compare the guys I have never seen play. I go back in general to the Rod Gilbert years and even those were towards his tail end. Most I know about Harry were from video and my dad talking to me.
I think this is fair for individuals but other teams have an oral history of their early days which is enhanced by the team itself honoring the players and achievements from back then. Cook and Boucher should have their numbers retired. People should know about events like Les Patrick playing goal and Frank Boucher winning the Byng so much they just gave him the trophy to keep.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Bill Cook didn't swing a recently deceased water logged ash tree of a stick around, go to the hall of fame, spend his whole pro career, and win 2 stanley cups with the Rangers to be disrespected like this.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Whoever voted for Vic Hadfield didn’t watch the 1974 playoffs.
LOL...it was not me Bob ...although I did take 2/3rds of the GAG line and Park -Leetch-Mess-Richter and Lundqvist and Graves ,, Pre 1970....I would only be guessing .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad