Please let RNH fall to Ottawa.

Pyke*

That is all. He is, imo, the BPA.

(And someone take Landeskog so we don't 'accidentally' take him.) :P....

It's unrealistic to assume that Couturier will go above RNH, so maybe we need to pick no lower than 3rd?

1. Larsson
2. Landeskog
3. RNH

I could see that.

Course, I could also see RNH going #1.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
That is all. He is, imo, the BPA.

(And someone take Landeskog so we don't 'accidentally' take him.) :P....

It's unrealistic to assume that Couturier will go above RNH, so maybe we need to pick no lower than 3rd?

1. Larsson
2. Landeskog
3. RNH

I could see that.

Course, I could also see RNH going #1.

At this rate, Ottawa might just have their choice at #1...then it's up to your head scout to make it happen :)

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Edmonton at 1 chooses Larsson.
Ottawa at 2 chooses RNH.

Pyke*

At this rate, Ottawa might just have their choice at #1...then it's up to your head scout to make it happen :)

Yeah. I know. But our head scout likes swedes... Or did till he left. And that's what scares me. :(.

Also, there is a very heated debate in the Sens forums about Landeskog v. RNH.

Edmonton at 1 chooses Larsson.
Ottawa at 2 chooses RNH.

Edmonton can have Larsson; don't want him (and would pick RNH #1 overall if it was my choice)...Edmonton might consider RNH too, given their total lack of elite centers... but they also lack elite blue liners so who knows.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Couturier could easily be taken ahead of RNH. He has a much more complete game. Again, it depends on what the team is looking for. Some teams may surprise with an off the board pick like Huberdeau or Hamilton who have both been great and have a lot of upside.

I still think Ottawa should get Landeskog, but I wouldn't be angry at any of Larsson/Couturier/Lando/RNH. At this point I don't care who we draft so much as I just want them to acquire a scoring winger over the summer or at the deadline to play with Spezza because watching him create so much offensively with nobody to finish his beautiful plays, or help him at all, is really upsetting.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Yeah. I know. But our head scout likes swedes... Or did till he left. And that's what scares me. :(.

Also, there is a very heated debate in the Sens forums about Landeskog v. RNH.

Is this heated debate mainly due to the fact they want a scoring and physical winger that is NHL ready to play with Spezza and the fact that you already have a 1C? Or do Sens fans think Landeskog is the better prospect?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
12 goals, 44 points in 25 games since the start of December, he's been absolutely on fire recently. Everyone is penciling Larsson in for that top pick, but I wouldn't be shocked to see RNH go 1st overall. He's small, but a phenomenal skater with great hands/hockey sense, guys like that seem to be doing very well in the NHL post-lockout.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Is this heated debate mainly due to the fact they want a scoring and physical winger that is NHL ready to play with Spezza and the fact that you already have a 1C? Or do Sens fans think Landeskog is the better prospect?

Little bit of A and a little bit of B.

My worry personally, is that they might be too interested in finding a player that can play now, and a future Swedish captain in Ottawa might be too enticing. Should give credit to the professionals making the call though, they should know what is right.

I'm starting to believe RNH may just be able to crack an NHL roster next year. At least, I think whoever he's drafted to will consider giving him a legitimate try-out in training camp...not just a 1-2 game and see ya later type of thing.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
12 goals, 44 points in 25 games since the start of December, he's been absolutely on fire recently. Everyone is penciling Larsson in for that top pick, but I wouldn't be shocked to see RNH go 1st overall. He's small, but a phenomenal skater with great hands/hockey sense, guys like that seem to be doing very well in the NHL post-lockout.

If he doesn't slow down it's a legitimate possibility. Those numbers are rare from a 17 year old in the dub....might be too hard to pass up. The hype around this guy would be typical of past top selections if he was an OHL star.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
How's this sound:

Edmonton - Larsson
New York - Landeskog
Ottawa - Nugent-Hopkins
Boston - Couturier
New Jersey - continues their win streak and passes the Leafs

Everybody happy? I would be.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If he doesn't slow down it's a legitimate possibility. Those numbers are rare from a 17 year old in the dub....might be too hard to pass up. The hype around this guy would be typical of past top selections if he was an OHL star.

Ya, I have this feeling if he was from the O and following Stamkos, Tavares, Hall, etc people wouldn't be picking apart his game so much and would be calling him the next superstar

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Ya, I have this feeling if he was from the O and following Stamkos, Tavares, Hall, etc people wouldn't be picking apart his game so much and would be calling him the next superstar

To be fair out of those 3, Tavares was picked apart quite a bit, especially when it came to athleticism and skating.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
How's this sound:

Edmonton - Larsson
New York - Landeskog
Ottawa - Nugent-Hopkins
Boston - Couturier

Nope...with RNH on the board, I'd hope NYI would go that route.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Sens better keep losing if they covet RNH. I think Landeskog would be a great fit in Ottawa anyway.

Prediction...

1 Islanders Hopkins
2 Oilers Larsson
3 Senators Landeskog
4 Devils Couturier
5 Bruins Murphy

Islanders goaltending is such a mess right now, hard to not see them with a top two pick.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
How's this sound:

Edmonton - Larsson
New York - Landeskog
Ottawa - Nugent-Hopkins
Boston - Couturier

As early as next season,the isles could have KO,Nino and Petrov playing wing in their top 6.All three are physical wingers.

Why are the isles passing up the more skilled forwards RNH and Couturier for another physical,top 6 winger?

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
How's this sound:

Edmonton - Larsson
New York - Landeskog
Ottawa - Nugent-Hopkins
Boston - Couturier

I assume by your user name you think Couturier should convert to the wing? Otherwise, why would Boston really want him? BPA, sure, but ...

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
As early as next season,the isles could have KO,Nino and Petrov playing wing in their top 6.All three are physical wingers.

Why are the isles passing up the more skilled forwards RNH and Couturier for another physical,top 6 winger?

Petrov is far from physical and an NHL unknown. Okposo is not physical either. I do see the Islanders swinging for the fences if it comes down to RNH or Landeskog and going with RNH but i don't see the same high end potential in Couturier.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Geez.

I'm pretty high on Lando, but there's no doubting RNH is skilled. With that in mind we wouldn't give up the difference of one pick just to ensure we'll get him when he isn't even clearly better than the people in his draft right now, let alone without the assurance he'll be better in the future. We're not in a position to take a big risk right now.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Petrov is far from physical and an NHL unknown. Okposo is not physical either. I do see the Islanders swinging for the fences if it comes down to RNH or Landeskog and going with RNH but i don't see the same high end potential in Couturier.

I dont think he was referring to Petrov. More likely he was referring to Nino. Okposo is more physical than you think.

Isles need everything, but I like the idea of RNH setting up Tavares.

As an Isles fan Landeskog is the least of the four that interest me, but thats mainly because I feel like him and Nino are similar players. That said, Nino and Landeskog are the type of players who win you championships. You cant ever have enough talented heart and soul players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad