Please, get Pacioretty off the half-board role on the power play.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Great Post. Pacioretty is not very clever when he has time and space. He's a reactionary player that scores off quick shots, rebounds and off the rush.

I would put Pacioretty and Plekanec down low with Gonchar on the right wall, Markov at the top and Subban on the left wall.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
We need a more physical to the net PP. Take all the shots we can and reduce the cycling and passing. Its really hard to open the lanes for taking shots in the slot, when our PP is pressured so much on the D, so we need to take all the chances we get.

Of course the problem with that is our forwards are not big enough to win all the fights in front of the net.

BTW taking Pacio off the PP is the most ridiculous idea Ive heard this month.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Patches - Galch - Sekac
Eller - Pleks - Gallagher

those 6 players should get a solid 10 games (and practice time that goes with it) as the primary PP players (with some tinkering in combinations to find the best chemistry), with DD/Parenteau (or Andreg/Thomas if they are in the lineup) getting fill-in minutes here and there as needed by in-game situations.

there is absolutely no reason NOT to try that, and a bottom-of-the-league PP + two offensively skilled players who have had next to no PP opportunity (Sekac/Eller) as the very strong reason TO try it.

not sure what it will take for MT to come around, sadly the impression i get is that he is so reluctant to do so because his ego is attached to the idea that he's right about Eller/Sekac not being the solution…

there IS a reason not to try that. there has to be place for coach favourite david desharnais :shakehead

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I still stand by this.

Pacioretty Is FAR more dangerous when his writers come from the middle ice rather than cutting his angles from the corner. He's a beast when he has space.

Analyzer*

Please let our powerplay learn something else other than passing to the point for the shot with no screen.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Not against it, however I think the problem with the PP is that it is often too static to create anything, so it doesn't really matter who's where and how. The game plan just looks bad to begin with.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I don't want to see Pacioretty off the half-board looking for a pass. He should be the one receiving the pass and finishing the play.

Ideally, this should be Galchenyuk's spot but he's on the second wave. How about a first PP wave of Pacioretty-Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Markov-Subban?

Plekanec could do that job on the second wave.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad