Please don't trade Eberle !

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I hate people saying "he is way too soft defensively" about a top 6 winger.
The oilers should expect their wingers to CHECK...but to be defensemen NO. I expect all forwards to finish hits. This is the NHL not figure skating. But i dont expect my wingers to help the D, just be in decent position to support and countter.
Defense should...PLAY DEFENSE.

Oilers built it wrong. Defense that cant play defense. Forwards that are taught not to check but stay in a position.

Proper way to build a team. Defense Defend and bruise all game the opposition. Forwards attack and check NOT PLAY DEFENSE. If you dont have the puck...finish checks. If you have the puck...follow the game plan. Not rocket science

Oilers love Dmen who cant play D. Oilers fans love Dmen that cant play D.
AND OPPONENTS LOVE OUR TEAM BECAUSE ITS SHINNY. EASY NIGHT

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
The only reason Eberle is a prime trading target over Yak is not Yak's great play or potential. It's that you can get something very good that we desperately need for Eberle, and would receive next to nothing for Yak. It's the only thing keeping him here at the moment.
More like Eberle is the only guy on the team worth more now than the day he was drafted.

And that's the guy the fans want to trade. lol.

Is there not a Yakupov thread (or six) going for his fans to sing his praises in? Do we need to pollute this one too?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
More like Eberle is the only guy on the team worth more now than the day he was drafted.

And that's the guy the fans want to trade. lol.

Is there not a Yakupov thread (or six) going for his fans to sing his praises in? Do we need to pollute this one too?

Who goes for a dman, if not the guy with the best value on our team (according to you)?

What's your proposal?

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
I'm fine with trading Eberle. Yak has been better with McDavid honestly. Especially in the defensive end.

But we have to get a legitimate top 4 NHL D back, even if he makes some decent coin. No bottom pairing guy, no picks and prospects.

In one game, Eberle scored as many goals as Yak scored his entire time with McDavid. Yak is useless offensively whomever he plays with. Also, Yak is one of the league's worse players defensively.

Yak will be gone at the trade deadline or offseason. Eberle is staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad