Please, Chia, please gut this core.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Stick a fork in the Hall cluster. They're done. There is no reason to wait one more month for these guys. They're simply are not that good.

Keep Hall and make good trades of Ebs, Yak, Schultz and RNH (in time). If Chia can make good trades to supplement the McD, Drai, Nurse, Klefbom, Broissoit core, they have a chance.

And for those thinking I'm overreacting after a loss, this is 3 years of being the worst team in the conference. This is the furthest thing from overreacting.

The jig is up. It's over.

Last edited by a moderator:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Stick a fork in the Hall cluster. They're done. There is no reason to wait one more month for these guys. They simply are not that good.

Keep Hall and make good trades of Ebs, Yak, Schultz and RNH (in time). If Chia can make good trades to supplement the McD, Drai, Nurse, Klefbom, Broissoit core, they have a chance.\

The jig is up. It's over.

There is one reason to wait....Auston Matthews.....

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
usually in scenarios like this, it would be considered an overreaction, but in the case of the oilers, i think it's warranted.

This simply has just been too much losing, we can only take so much as fans. I'm frankly okay with anyone and everyone getting traded except for mcdavid, and nurse, and drai

Originally Posted By*

After 5 and a quarter years with this core, the coaches , general managers and POHO has all changed. Nobody on this core is safe; the core is rotten. As much as I love him, I've realized Hall has gotta go.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Add more size, speed and grit to the bottom 6. Add a veteran RHD, hold onto our 1st round pick, purge the junk from the team this offseason and then rebuild the team at the draft and during FA. Hopefully McDavid does really well when he returns so that some UFA's will want to come here.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
And Chia is an astute assessor of assets. He got us Reinhardt who couldn't win a foot race in an Atom game. Talbot who couldn't stop the world's biggest ball of twine from finding its way into his net; and all of this in the deepest draft in years.

This team just gets dumb, dumber and dummmerer ... there was a reason Chia was fired and a reason he was willing to come to Edmonton.

McDeathbyCheerios*

And Chia is an astute assessor of assets. He got us Reinhardt who couldn't win a foot race in an Atom game. Talbot who couldn't stop the world's biggest ball of twine from finding its way into his net; and all of this in the deepest draft in years.

This team just gets dumb, dumber and dummmerer ... there was a reason Chia was fired and a reason he was willing to come to Edmonton.
Now this is just ridiculous.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Add more size, speed and grit to the bottom 6. Add a veteran RHD, hold onto our 1st round pick, purge the junk from the team this offseason and then rebuild the team at the draft and during FA. Hopefully McDavid does really well when he returns so that some UFA's will want to come here.

I'm sorry BBO... but why the **** are we holding onto yet another draft pick?

This team has had enough high end draft picks for a life time. They don't make a lick of difference. That is the very first asset that should be traded. It has a metric tonne of value.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I'm sorry BBO... but why the **** are we holding onto yet another draft pick?

This team has had enough high end draft picks for a life time. They don't make a lick of difference. That is the very first asset that should be traded. It has a metric tonne of value.

4 First overall picks...check

2 High End Talents:
Hall
McDavid

2 Weak First overalls:
RNH
Yakupov

It's all about getting the 1st overall pick when there's a Top End Talent to be had.The Oilers are better off keeping the pick being that Matthews is in the category of McDavid and Hall.

McDeathbyCheerios*

4 First overall picks...check

2 High End Talents:
Hall
McDavid

2 Weak First overalls:
RNH
Yakupov

It's all about getting the 1st overall pick when there's a Top End Talent to be had.The Oilers are better off keeping the pick being that Matthews is in the category of McDavid and Hall.
**** that ****, we say that every ****ing year.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

no. this team is a failure because:

Gagner: barely an NHL player
PRV: ditto
Hall: legit, impact player
RNH: underwhelming 1st OV. good, but not an impact player.
Yak: full on dud.

5 top 10 picks, 3 of which were 1st OA, and you get 1 good player, one not bad player. that killed this rebuild. I'm actually starting to feel sympathy to Mact, tho he should have recognized this.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
No reason to gut the whole core. Just trade 1-2 guys for defense, cut all of the bottom six / bottom four deadweight

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

Agreed. I'd be ok moving one of the kids (ideally Ebs) to make it happen

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I have to say at no point have I felt confidence in what he's brought in here this year.

Letestu and Korpi clearly worse than what we had before.

Goaltending improvement overstated by the fanbase.

Reinhart too young to be impactful and we have several players already wearing diapers.

lander? C'mon. BANKING on Lander being the deal and not even offering a guy like Roy a contract. ****. An amateur move.
Can anybody imagine how bad that decision would look now had Drai not been great this year?

Gryba is about the most useful player Chia has obtained and even he has obvious limitations.

We've essentially just got our latest batch of fill additions. We haven't gotten better with these additions. I thought that was the whole point.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
No reason to gut the whole core. Just trade 1-2 guys for defense, cut all of the bottom six / bottom four deadweight

no reason? there are many reasons. Keep 1 or 2 of them, purge the rest.

they are damaged goods. quit pretending they are something they are not. quit hoping they are what you hoped they would be. trust your eyes.

they lose because the opponents are better at playing hockey.

gut em. not necessarily immediately, but I bet that Chia has made his decision. they're done.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I have to say at no point have I felt confidence in what he's brought in here this year.

Letestu and Korpi clearly worse than what we had before.

Goaltending improvement overstated by the fanbase.

Reinhart too young to be impactful and we have several players already wearing diapers.

lander? C'mon. BANKING on Lander being the deal and not even offering a guy like Roy a contract. ****. An amateur move.
Can anybody imagine how bad that decision would look now had Drai not been great this year?

Gryba is about the most useful player Chia has obtained and even he has obvious limitations.

We've essentially just got our latest batch of fill additions. We haven't gotten better with these additions. I thought that was the whole point.
I think people jumping and saying he is a bad GM is a bit too soon.

He knew the club had a lot of problems, he wanted to not make huge moves to start to see what he had to work with and see the problems first hand so he could figure it out. If we start next season with a similar roster then yeah, he hasn't done his job.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
Great you got Mcdavid and Hall, its like having Malkin and Nash on your team. Thats enough skill talent for almost all NHL teams. There are teams much better then Edmonton that havent had those kinda picks in 20 yrs. Then you need to build a team and let them develop. Not be afraid of losing 1st rounders and potential. The point is stick with 2 or 3 young stars then dont WORRY about "What if Nurse turns in to Pronger" "what if Klefbom is better then Hamonic" "What if Yak scores 40 on another team" and finally "Eberle is so good hes just a bit small but well regret trading him"......

At least Murray realizes this and is attempting to make moves to build a balanced team. Could you imagine if Oil management traded a guy like Myers? Theyd freak out.

I havent liked Chiarellis moves so far (especially Reinhart) But maybe hell have the balls to step into the fire and move some of this core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad