PLD cheap shot on Miller

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Cross-check in the head is pretty dirty. He won't get a suspension, but it should be something that is suspendable.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Anyone think this will get a couple games? 45 sec in is a better view.

No suspension.

It's not even thread worthy.

If you don't like the rough stuff and this is quite tame in comparison to some of the things that actually warrants a suspension in hockey.. stick to figure skating or ballet.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
No suspension.

It's not even thread worthy.

If you don't like the rough stuff and this is quite tame in comparison to some of the things that actually warrants a suspension in hockey.. stick to figure skating or ballet.

For starters… Couldnt really care less what you consider thread worthy lol. That literally means nothing.

I love the rough stuff in hockey. Just thought it was a bit excessive to cross check someone’s head into the boards for no reason when they are already down on the ground.

I wasn’t sure if that was suspension worthy so I simply asked a question

NotAVacuumSalesman

Jun 19, 2017
For starters… Couldnt really care less what you consider thread worthy lol. That literally means nothing.

I love the rough stuff in hockey. Just thought it was a bit excessive to cross check someone’s head into the boards for no reason when they are already down on the ground.

I wasn’t sure if that was suspension worthy so I simply asked a question
He just pushed him with his gloves, it's not even a cross check. LOL

Youtube has a slowmo function if you can't process the speed in real time.

I've watched it in real time and it's not a penalty or suspension worthy.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
He just pushed him with his gloves, it's not even a cross check. LOL

Youtube has a slowmo function if you can't process the speed in real time.

Being honest I did try and do that but the vid quality was choppy for me and couldn’t get a great view. I thought the stick was in there but maybe I’m wrong.

If that’s the case then yeah that’s certainly nothing more than a 2min penalty imo

NotAVacuumSalesman

Jun 19, 2017
Being honest I did try and do that but the vid quality was choppy for me and couldn’t get a great view. I thought the stick was in there but maybe I’m wrong.

If that’s the case then yeah that’s certainly nothing more than a 2min penalty imo
You could re-watch it and see PLD only had one hand on his stick AFTER he pushed KA Miller. His hands weren't in position to deliver a cross check in this situation.

Had he cross checked him BOTH hands would be on the stick, not one hand.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
How many times do I hear league wants to take head shots out of the game. Yet a crosscheck to side of the head isnt called? NHL officials worst in all sports, no consistency. I say it deserves a fine, warning but no suspension.

Reactions: egelband

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Well Mods I clearly interpreted this action wrong, from my pov it appeared that it was a cross check to the head into the boards however it seems that’s not the case. Sorry for creating a poor thread. Verdict seems to have clearly been made.

Have a good one all.

Reactions: egelband

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Well Mods I clearly interpreted this action wrong, from my pov it appeared that it was a cross check to the head into the boards however it seems that’s not the case. Sorry for creating a poor thread. Verdict seems to have clearly been made.

Have a good one all.

You don't have to be sorry. It was an extremely valid thread topic and your POV was not incorrect. Hit to the head of a player in vulnerable position when PLD clearly sees that the puck has been kicked away from the play. Might have more likely been a suspension if it was a cross-check to the head instead of a gloved punch but we needed your video to really see what happened. Good work. Not looking forward to your next thread though (would mean someone new would've gotten cheapshotted, and we don't want that in the game).

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
But he goes on tilt once every 10 games and runs around like that.
He's honestly a rare type of player. Would like to see him with Ehlers when he gets healthy, but can you imagine if he was with Calgary right now on the third line with Toffoli and Sutter coaching? He's a Sutter dream.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
My example on why I can't stand why Dubois always takes dumb penalties or doing things like this. But this wasn't completely intentional.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
No suspension, should have been a minor. However a (meaningless to someone making that much money) $5k fine wouldn't be a bad thing. If nothing else it lets PLD know that the DoPS has their eye on him & that crosschecking people in the head isn't a good thing. Then if he gets pissy about being knocked down & does it again down the road, the groundwork has already been laid to bring the hammer down.

Crosschecking someone in the head (especially someone not involved with the original play) 'should' be suspendible, unfortunately with the Department of Random Justice in charge of keeping an eye on things ... yeah, sigh

Reactions: dumpin

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Chris Kreider looks like one of those dudes who sells bootleg dvds on the street corner

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
It seems like he was mad and throwing a tantrum because Trouba knocked him down (cleanly). Be stronger on your skates. And if you're not, don't throw a hissy fit.

For sure should be 2 min minor penalty. But nothing more than that.
People throwing tantrums over clean hits from Trouba is basically an every game occurrence this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad