Confirmed with Link: PLD 1 year 6 Million(accepted qualifying offer)

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
A deal around PLD/Barzal could be interesting

Some speculation that NYI / Barzal don't always see eye to eye and he's in a similar contract situation to PLD, RFA after this season and 1 year to UFA.

Maybe PLD would sign long term in NYC and Barzal would sign here?
i dont see why NYI does that . Barzal is the better producer/player (imo), and i dont think they'd move him a couple months after relieving trotz - in what i believe - a move that was done to appease barzal.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Full tin foil hat moment.

I would hope Chevy gets a return of Dach + Barron/Guhle + Florida’s 2023 1st in a deal with Montreal for PLD. If the Jets need to add something like Heinola to get it done, I’m ok with that.

I have a feeling Florida will take a step back this year and not make the playoffs in a tough division (call it the Maurice effect), so that pick might be top 15.

I also think the Jets stumble a bit, as they have gotten all they can from guys like Wheeler, Schmidt and Dillon, and the bottom 6 is still a mess as of now. They too could be looking at a top 10-15 pick.

With two picks in top 15, in a strong draft might be the rebuild kick start this team ultimately needs. Imagine being able to draft a C like Dvorsky and winger/C like Stramel. In a couple years…

Connor-Dach-Lambert (yes, I think he develops into a top 6 winger)
Perfetti-Dvorsky-Ehlers
McGroarty-Lucius-Stramel
Rachevsky-Gustafson-Chibrikov

Now that would be mostly scoring lines and there’s no Lowry or Appleton which means no chance this happens, but if these prospects work out, the Jets have an abundance of riches imo.

I don't see Guhle as an alternative to Barron. We don't need LD prospects right now. We very much need RD prospects right now, especially one who is pretty much ready. And I suspect Barron is the better prospect despite draft position and handedness. I would rather simplify the deal and make it Dach + Barron. If we could expand it to include that 1st by including Heinola, fine.

Perfetti - Scheifele - Lucius
Connor - Dach - Ehlers

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not interested in Dach unless he substantially improves his play, at this point he'd slot in behind Lowry.

Dach is just 21. He is still more prospect than finished player. Chi probably rushed his development doing more harm than good. In a perfect world, he would not be the return I wanted, but this is not a perfect world.

PLD wants out. He prefers just 1 team. We need to get the best return we can. I don't think we do better than Dach + Barron.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not good enough. Kakko is practically busting. Lundqvist isn't exactly burning up the AHL, much less the NHL.

In the post you made right before this one you said Dach is only 21, and then call 21 year old Kakko as practically a bust.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A deal around PLD/Barzal could be interesting

Some speculation that NYI / Barzal don't always see eye to eye and he's in a similar contract situation to PLD, RFA after this season and 1 year to UFA.

Maybe PLD would sign long term in NYC and Barzal would sign here?

I'd have to think it'd be PLD+ for Barzal, if it'd happen at all.

And while I might be for it, depending on the '+', I think the only way Barzal would sign long term would be for a massive overpay, something the Jets have yet to do.

Its an interesting thought.
No way I add to PLD though. Pt totals aren't everything.

We take a shot at extending Barzal. I would be OK with a small overpay, not a massive one. If he won't cooperate he probably has more than 1 team he would accept a trade to. :laugh:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Its an interesting thought.
No way I add to PLD though. Pt totals aren't everything.

We take a shot at extending Barzal. I would be OK with a small overpay, not a massive one. If he won't cooperate he probably has more than 1 team he would accept a trade to. :laugh:

If the plan is Barry to eventually sign here in some capacity not sure if we would be trading for Barzal……by the sounds of it they aren’t big fans of each other

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
i dont see why NYI does that . Barzal is the better producer/player (imo), and i dont think they'd move him a couple months after relieving trotz - in what i believe - a move that was done to appease barzal.

Probably true. They still haven't extended him though.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the post you made right before this one you said Dach is only 21, and then call 21 year old Kakko as practically a bust.

:laugh: Yeah. Fine line.
Kakko gets to play on a much better team. He should do better. Also, he looks worse compared to his team. Dach is a C and Kakko is a winger. And maybe I overstated Kakko's lack of progress. :laugh: You want consistency now?

If the plan is Barry to eventually sign here in some capacity not sure if we would be trading for Barzal……by the sounds of it they aren’t big fans of each other

I think the Trotz thing is over. When he is ready to return to work, I expect him to stay in Nashville.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Kakko still has the prestige of being a recent #2 overall pick but he’s shown practically nothing at the NHL level so far so I don’t think I’d want to risk him as the main piece in a PLD trade.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If NYI are looking at having to pay a price to move out a guy like Bailey or Beauvillier to sign Kadri... could make sense for them to make a move for PLD. I'd say he and Kadri are very similar players.

Probably better for them to throw 70 mil at PLD than 40 mil at Kadri given where they are in their careers.

Not saying it would happen, just that the logic seems to line up

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If NYI are looking at having to pay a price to move out a guy like Bailey or Beauvillier to sign Kadri... could make sense for them to make a move for PLD. I'd say he and Kadri are very similar players.

Probably better for them to throw 70 mil at PLD than 40 mil at Kadri given where they are in their careers.

right but the proposed deal was Barzal for PLD. i dont think they'd ever do that deal.

lets just say they do though, the difference in cap-hit is merely 1m, they still probably need to move out a mid-to-large contract to stay under the cap following Kadri and their RFAs (including Dobson).

or are you saying a different deal to nab PLD?

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I don't see Guhle as an alternative to Barron. We don't need LD prospects right now. We very much need RD prospects right now, especially one who is pretty much ready. And I suspect Barron is the better prospect despite draft position and handedness. I would rather simplify the deal and make it Dach + Barron. If we could expand it to include that 1st by including Heinola, fine.

Perfetti - Scheifele - Lucius
Connor - Dach - Ehlers
Dach isn't a second line C and doesn't look like he's on course to ever be one.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
They are both looking like busts. I'd lean towards Kakko having more upside mainly because he hasn't been gifted opportunities like Dach has, but neither is a what's I'd be looking for as a feature piece in a PLD trade.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Yeah as of now he's looking like a third line C. He still has some untapped potential but he's going to need to show some offensive growth next year to show teams he's back on track.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
right but the proposed deal was Barzal for PLD. i dont think they'd ever do that deal.

lets just say they do though, the difference in cap-hit is merely 1m, they still probably need to move out a mid-to-large contract to stay under the cap following Kadri and their RFAs (including Dobson).

or are you saying a different deal to nab PLD?
I missed the post you were responding to, my bad

Agreed Isles are unlikely to deal Barzal for PLD

Reactions: DRW204

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Full tin foil hat moment.

I would hope Chevy gets a return of Dach + Barron/Guhle + Florida’s 2023 1st in a deal with Montreal for PLD. If the Jets need to add something like Heinola to get it done, I’m ok with that.

I have a feeling Florida will take a step back this year and not make the playoffs in a tough division (call it the Maurice effect), so that pick might be top 15.

I also think the Jets stumble a bit, as they have gotten all they can from guys like Wheeler, Schmidt and Dillon, and the bottom 6 is still a mess as of now. They too could be looking at a top 10-15 pick.

With two picks in top 15, in a strong draft might be the rebuild kick start this team ultimately needs. Imagine being able to draft a C like Dvorsky and winger/C like Stramel. In a couple years…

Connor-Dach-Lambert (yes, I think he develops into a top 6 winger)
Perfetti-Dvorsky-Ehlers
McGroarty-Lucius-Stramel
Rachevsky-Gustafson-Chibrikov

Now that would be mostly scoring lines and there’s no Lowry or Appleton which means no chance this happens, but if these prospects work out, the Jets have an abundance of riches imo.
I would be ok with a return like that as well, but I wouldn't add Heinola, I think that's too much from our end.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Difference is that they would need to pay us to get PLD.
To get Kadri they need to lose a player, like Bailey or Beauvillier, in exchange for some return.

Still, considering ages and stages of careers plus how much of an outlier last season was for Kadri plus PLD's potential, I think it would make sense for NYI. And I would want a high return for PLD.

I admit to some bias though. I think Kadri is a Dbag. I expect whoever signs him to regret it after a couple of years.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I'm being more optimistic for Dach. I could be wrong of course. He hasn't produced at a 2C level so far. I'm gambling that he will. And hedging that bet with Barron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad