Speculation: Playoffs

How far will the Jets get this playoffs?

• Total voters

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Ah, but you know that I know that you have now reversed the reversal of the reverse jinx, and so the poison must be in your cup. :nod:

Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
i dont have the same confidence in this group and if we play how we been playing we will be a first round exit most likely but we have the talent to squeek through and pick up momemtum.

either way im all in with my team and fans lets just hope its a long fun ride!

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Dallas scares me more than the Blues and Preds :dunno:. Combination of Dallas owning us this year, us having STL and NSH number this year and I guess easier to stomach losing against a higher regarded team and not a wildcard team (knocked out in consecutive years by an expansion team and wildcard team would be the story Toronto Sports Network and the rest of the HF hyenas run with) if I'm being completely honest..But bring it on, I wanna see the version of the playoff clinching Jet's against NSH. If that team comes to play, I like our chances against anyone. Feel like the Jet's would know they need to bring their A game and respect the Blues or Preds more than Dallas. Not that they wouldn't against Dallas either, but I think there would be a different mentality between we're kinda the underdogs here rather than, we should win this and jump on the excuses express once they don't.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don’t mind playing the Blues, tough opponent but one that typically brings out the best in us (similar to how the Preds do). Not saying we win or not, but don’t hate playing the Blues.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I want the Blues matchup and I like it ... revenge for 1982 ... Mike Luit stole that series the Jets were the better team. We have the better goalie now plus the starting a rookie goalie usually does not end well.
The only team in the central that I am worried about is the Preds but on the other hand the Jets know how to turn on the switch when they play them.
The first series is the most important one ... a team can win with a hot line/ PP or goalie and if the Jets can do that ... I can see them getting to the final.

Reactions: GNP

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Logically it seems to me the Jets have been playing so poorly that they'll exit the first round, so that's why I voted for winning it all... My gut instincts are usually wrong. :popcorn:

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I'm ride or die. Go Jets Go!!! They call it the second season for a reason. We just need to get Jobu some rum and a bucket of chicken so that we start getting the bounces. Goal against Chicago called back due to offside. Play looked offside to me against the Avs but we don't get the call.

upload_2019-4-5_14-26-9.png

If Laine's shot doesn't hit the bar and the puck doesn't bounce over Scheif's stick we win in regulation. The margins are thin in the NHL. I'm glad we're getting the bad bounces out of the way now. The team absolutely got comfortable in the new year. They know it's time to wake up now.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
You think we can take Nashville but not St. Louis I’m guessing? I think that’s fair if the case.

That’s my feeling. Matchup well and get fired up for Nashville. Beat them and maybe build some momentum. In general feeling like a 5 or 6 game first round exit.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Watching them talk about the Canes on Tim and Sid right now...sure wish the Jets had the Canes heart.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm ride or die. Go Jets Go!!! They call it the second season for a reason. We just need to get Jobu some rum and a bucket of chicken so that we start getting the bounces. Goal against Chicago called back due to offside. Play looked offside to me against the Avs but we don't get the call.

View attachment 209349

If Laine's shot doesn't hit the bar and the puck doesn't bounce over Scheif's stick we win in regulation. The margins are thin in the NHL. I'm glad we're getting the bad bounces out of the way now. The team absolutely got comfortable in the new year. They know it's time to wake up now.

I think that the war room in Toronto hates us and rarely gives us a good call on challenges.

If it is close we always seem to lose the decision.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
It depends on:

1. Health of Morrissse and Biff
2. Hellebuyck playing excellent
3. Laine catching fire.
4. The top line regaining momentum.

I also hope Tanev and Brossoit return.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm a little surprised to see just about 46% of fans think the Jet's are knocked out in the 1st round. I think the Jets still have what they had last year and will surprise, and at the minimum get out of the 2nd round --and then maybe win the Western Conference.

C'mon guys--have a little faith in our troops !!!

Reactions: iannn

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I'm a little surprised to see just about 46% of fans think the Jet's are knocked out in the 1st round. I think the Jets still have what they had last year and will surprise, and at the minimum get out of the 2nd round --and then maybe win the Western Conference.

C'mon guys--have a little faith in our troops !!!

No

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
The 2012 Kings came out of nowhere and were virtually unbeatable throughout the playoffs. Jets, like every other central division team, could do the same or go out in the first round. I think they're as capable as Nashville, St Louis or Dallas of going to the conference final but it won't be easy. However, if I had to bet on a single winner at the end it'd be Tampa hands down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad