Speculation: Playoffs

How far will the Jets get this playoffs?

• Total voters

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Problem is if you vote what you really think, you are some negative person that should be banished. Don't care. Last night in one game the Jets showed who they are and what they showed is they just aren't good enough.

I think the Jets will exit 1st round. And I don't really mind it. I almost would rather see that than go to the finals and get totally annihilated by whomever is representing the East. The Stanley Cup is staying in the East, the West are just pretenders.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
If we play St Louis, what kind of PK do they generally run under Berube? Are they a passive one that we can have success against or do they pressure? Or is he the anti-Mo and makes adjustments based on opponents and results?

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Tough to say.
If we have:
(1) a healthy Morrissey back,
(2) a healthy/not bad-Buff,
(3) they start hitting and skating hard,
(4) PoMo makes good lineup decisions, and,
(5) Helle steals a few

Then there's a fair-to-good chance vs. STL.

But my prediction is that the Jets, as they are now, won't parlay all the above, so voted a first-round exit vs STL.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
it depends on ultimately play obviously, but their most likely team being floated is STL? I think i am higher on STL than most around here i think STL would beat the Jets unfortunately

STL is stout defensively, strong PK as well (6th in the league), i label them as a more talented Dallas/Minni with better scoring potential.

The ultimate wild card is Binnington as he has 0 playoff experience.. but STL makes his job easy, avg 25 shots allowed per game... in comparison Helle is at 33. STL better in the 5v5 xGA department as well

EnpEFqi.jpg

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Problem is if you vote what you really think, you are some negative person that should be banished. Don't care. Last night in one game the Jets showed who they are and what they showed is they just aren't good enough.

I think the Jets will exit 1st round. And I don't really mind it. I almost would rather see that than go to the finals and get totally annihilated by whomever is representing the East. The Stanley Cup is staying in the East, the West are just pretenders.

Stating a opinion & derailing/dominating a thread are two very things. All posters can state their opinion positive or negative.....that’s fine. If someone wants to shoot down or devalue most posters comments just bc they disagree with them.....that’s a problem the mods will deal with.

Personally I think they’re a 1st or 2nd rd exit, just something wrong in that locker room or coaching staff that needs to get fixed this summer. TBH I’m more excited with the changes this summer then I am with the playoffs this year (bc I know they’re going to struggle).

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Problem is if you vote what you really think, you are some negative person that should be banished

I'll keep saying it until you and everyone else finally sees it: If you voted "gone in the first round", no one would say that you were negative. That, in-and-of-itself, is not the issue. It's when people are so obsessed with being negative that

A: They repeatedly say things that are not only demonstrably false but completely detached from reality.

"The Jets are going to miss the playoffs", as we sit 99.7% to make it.
"That is the first good play the Jets have executed", as we are 55 minutes into a game that the Jets have led or tied 100% of the way
"Maurice is an idiot for making that challenge", as they have no idea just how small a chance you need to be right to break even, and that Maurice was actually 1-for-1 in offside challenges.
"The Jets have no chance to win the Cup", false for obvious reasons.
"The Jets are certainly going to be swept in the first round", as even the best team versus the worst team is a massive underdog to win 4 straight.
"It shouldn't be surprising we're down 4-0 halfway through the game", as even the best team versus the worst team is a massive underdog to be up by 4 at ANY point, much less halfway.
"Good teams never blow a 3 goal lead", two days after Tampa Bay blew a three goal lead.

.. and those are just the first ones to come to mind this year.

And let me be clear: these are *earnestly stated* opinions, not ironic or sarcastic in the least.

B: They repeatedly hold the Jets as a team to impossible standards, and they hold the Jets players to impossible standards.

"If the Jets don't go 3 rounds deep, this year was a failure", as even Tampa Bay is a big underdog to not win two rounds.
"He *has to* make that save / score that goal" or "we're a failure because we didn't win that game", as if sample sizes of one didn't have variance.
"A good team wins that game", as if the game can be won through sheer force of will alone.

=====

And I'm not even going to bring up specific track records, but you can't tell me that with how this team has been the past two years, that when a poster has a track record *literally in the hundreds* of consecutive posts shitting on the team, that such a person is in any way, shape, or form on par with what you'd be if you voted "gone in the first round".

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

I agree that the Jets are likelier than not going to be eliminated in the first round.

Who out there thinks that I am now a negative person that should be banished?

NOTE: "deserves to be banished" for other reasons do not count :P

Reactions: Eyeseeing

iannn

Jan 7, 2010
I'll keep saying it until you and everyone else finally sees it: If you voted "gone in the first round", no one would say that you were negative. That, in-and-of-itself, is not the issue. It's when people are so obsessed with being negative that

A: They repeatedly say things that are not only demonstrably false but completely detached from reality.

"The Jets are going to miss the playoffs", as we sit 99.7% to make it.
"That is the first good play the Jets have executed", as we are 55 minutes into a game that the Jets have led or tied 100% of the way
"Maurice is an idiot for making that challenge", as they have no idea just how small a chance you need to be right to break even, and that Maurice was actually 1-for-1 in offside challenges.
"The Jets have no chance to win the Cup", false for obvious reasons.
"The Jets are certainly going to be swept in the first round", as even the best team versus the worst team is a massive underdog to win 4 straight.
"It shouldn't be surprising we're down 4-0 halfway through the game", as even the best team versus the worst team is a massive underdog to be up by 4 at ANY point, much less halfway.
"Good teams never blow a 3 goal lead", two days after Tampa Bay blew a three goal lead.

.. and those are just the first ones to come to mind this year.

And let me be clear: these are *earnestly stated* opinions, not ironic or sarcastic in the least.

B: They repeatedly hold the Jets as a team to impossible standards, and they hold the Jets players to impossible standards.

"If the Jets don't go 3 rounds deep, this year was a failure", as even Tampa Bay is a big underdog to not win two rounds.
"He *has to* make that save / score that goal" or "we're a failure because we didn't win that game", as if sample sizes of one didn't have variance.
"A good team wins that game", as if the game can be won through sheer force of will alone.

=====

And I'm not even going to bring up specific track records, but you can't tell me that with how this team has been the past two years, that when a poster has a track record *literally in the hundreds* of consecutive posts ****ting on the team, that such a person is in any way, shape, or form on par with what you'd be if you voted "gone in the first round".

I wish I could Like this post 100 times.

Nothing wrong with being critical of how we've played, but I feel like there are some here that would be shitting on the Jets throughout an entire run to Game7 of the cup final.

Reactions: Jets 31 and nags

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
They are at least likely to play a team that they have had success against this year. That might inspire confidence within the room and get them on a roll. Rinne was awful last year, and binnington could easily find the stage overwhelming. There are some positives but I have little faith without Morrissey at 100%.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I voted strategically. It is a fact that I'm usually wrong, so by predicting a first round exit, reverse jinx is in play.
If I am right, I feel it will be a catalyst for some serious change which is what I think this team needs to be successful going forward.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I voted strategically. It is a fact that I'm usually wrong, so by predicting a first round exit, reverse jinx is in play.
If I am right, I feel it will be a catalyst for some serious change which is what I think this team needs to be successful going forward.

But by stating so you have thus reversed the reverse jinx and f***ed us. Way to go! :rant:

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad