Playoffs teams only

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Jackets fan- I have mixed feelings whether I would rather face the Penguins or Capitals... But, my deciding vote is the Capitals. The Capitals wouldn't quite fill up Nationwide Arena with opposition fans quite like the Penguins would, so I choose the Capitals.

I don't want to face the Bruins or Lightning.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
As a Leafs fan, you will be discussing how they lost to another opponent in the first round. Whether it's Tampa or Boston, they are out with that d core they have... Polak, Zaitsev, Gardiner, Reilly.... yikes!

As the other fan said, EC teams are hoping to face the Leafs.
Those same Leafs that have the third best record in the conference? Somehow I doubt teams look at Toronto as an easy out, especially compared to NYJ, PHI, CBJ or even WSH. I don't like the Leafs matching up on the road against TBL or to a lesser extent BOS, but the Buds do have the talent to potentially pull an upset against either of those team, way more of a chance then any metro team aside from the Pens. The Leafs have their flaws, mainly a porous D-corp (although this is somewhat compensated by the fact that this defense group generates a ton of offense) but aside from maybe Tampa or Pittsburgh, what team entering the playoffs in the East doesn't, and the Leafs pretty unarguably have the deepest corp of young talent in the East playoffs; I don't think anyne is seeing them as a team that will just get steamrolled... they do have 101 points so far. I think you are underestimating a very talented team.

If I were the Lightning Coach, I would definitely like my chances in a 7 game series against TOR, but it absolutely wouldn't be my ideal match-up; too much speed, talent and depth. There would definitely be safer options then the Leafs out there to pick from.

That is my opinion at least. Ultimately we will each have to see how each team actually performs in the playoffs to see if our thoughts here are correct.

PS: Gardiner is now sitting on 49 points (second of Leafs D-men behind Rielly with 50). Defensively he may be a liability, but he does generate a lot of offense; I can't think of many teams that wouldn't want Gardner on their second pairing like the Leafs have.

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
It's wierd how the Bruins have pretty well owned Tampa Bay for years yet they have struggled against the Leafs, they are both very quick skilled teams. So if I had a preference I would rather not play TO and of course Holtby and the Caps. That being said, I really don't think this current Bruins team will lose to either one of them.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
As a Leafs fan, you will be discussing how they lost to another opponent in the first round. Whether it's Tampa or Boston, they are out with that d core they have... Polak, Zaitsev, Gardiner, Reilly.... yikes!

you sound like a 60 year old man commenting on a facebook post.

Reactions: 7even and Lahey

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Jets fan...I think I would rather play the Avs or Blues than the Wild but that’s a minor preference. It will be hard work regardless of the team and hope our playoff inexperience doesn’t hurt us too much.

Depending on the Suter injury Minny just may have become a lot weaker.
I think from a travel stand point Minny is preferable for the Jets then a Pacifc team (especially that California trip).
It also gives the NHL the geographic playoff rivalry that they would have presumed by having the Wild and the Jets in the same division.

But as you said every team is a threat until you eliminate them.
You can't look past any team or assume anything.
Every game will be a grind and a war.
Just gotta hope your players get hot at the right time.

Reactions: Jets 31

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Depending on the Suter injury Minny just may have become a lot weaker.
I think from a travel stand point Minny is preferable for the Jets then a Pacifc team (especially that California trip).
It also gives the NHL the geographic playoff rivalry that they would have presumed by having the Wild and the Jets in the same division.

But as you said every team is a threat until you eliminate them.
You can't look past any team or assume anything.
Every game will be a grind and a war.
Just gotta hope your players get hot at the right time.

Yes, the Suter injury is very significant. They might now be the preferable opponent.

It looks like the Avs will fall out given their two major injuries. Blues coming on strong but it will be tough for them to grab third, so I am good facing the Wild.

Hope Nashville faces Anaheim or LA for round one. :D

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto

Deleting my post not even worth replying to you.

Reactions: Placid Perspicuity

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Not if you go full throttle on that D. The D core is a nightmare. However, I think McDermott is a keeper. The rest are a trainwreck and they are overplaying Andersen. When you give up 40+ shots a game, it eventually bites you in the....:help:
My god man give it a rest. Your agenda is disgusting. Not to mention you say McDermott? That’s not even his name you have literally 0 credibility or knowledge.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd prefer the Preds to play St. Louis from a short travel perspective but other than that I don't really care. I don't really "want" to play a certain team and get them, then get our doors blown off. I don't want to play the Kings ever because I like them on the side and I don't want to come away from a series against them feeling the opposite.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
If bruins could play anyone in the east in playoff position I would want Philadelphia. Not so much because I think we own them but because the games are usually entertaining.

I would most like the Bruins to avoid the Caps and probably the Leafs.
I'd love to see Bruins/Flyers if today was any indicator of how good it would be

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I wish those people who seem to think that all the Jets fans are saying we're going to the cup would read threads like this one. There are very few arrogant Jets fans out there but for some reason they fixate on those comments and use them to represent the rest of us. We know we're a damned good team, but we also know that a lot of other teams are too and that the playoffs are a different beast.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
My god man give it a rest. Your agenda is disgusting. Not to mention you say McDermott? That’s not even his name you have literally 0 credibility or knowledge.
What agenda? Dermott is the only decent dman they have and he's a prospect/rookie. You just can't face the reality that the Leafs' D is their major weakness that is going to result in them getting ousted early. Plus, they have overworked Andersen. That's no agenda, that is just reasonable evaluation.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
What agenda? Dermott is the only decent dman they have and he's a prospect/rookie. You just can't face the reality that the Leafs' D is their major weakness that is going to result in them getting ousted early. Plus, they have overworked Andersen. That's no agenda, that is just reasonable evaluation.
Lmfao I can’t I just can’t, you realize Reilly and Gardiner both have 50+ points right? (I think Gardsy has 49 but still). Not even worth my reply you clearly know nothing about the Leafs, nor hockey in general. You didn’t even know his name hahahah

Last edited:
Reactions: Placid Perspicuity

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
As a Boston fan I don't want Washington that is all. Feeling okay about everyone else honestly. Health is my biggest concern as it is with most teams.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
We probably wouldn't beat anybody. But I think we'd Pittsburgh one heck of a fight. 7 game war.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins vs. Devils would be perfect for Boston on paper. ON PAPER, I've seen enough hockey to know that things almost never play out that way. I thought Boston vs. Ottawa was an amazing match-up for the Bruins last year as well.

Devils are average in almost every statistic, where as the Bruins are elite in almost every statistic (goals, goals against, PP, PK, possession).

Push the Bergeron line vs. Hall line at home and they should realistically win every match-up throughout the lineup. You'd probably see Zajac vs. Bergeron and Hischier vs. Riley Nash (maybe Krejci) in New Jersey.

Bergeron/Krejci vs. Hischier/Zacha in the faceoff circle, assuming those are the two match-ups, would be a pretty big mismatch. RH vs LH should work out well for the Bruins.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Depending on how serious the Stamkos injury is, the Leafs might be playing Tampa and Boston this playoffs.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Lmfao I can’t I just can’t, you realize Reilly and Gardiner both have 50+ points right? (I think Gardsy has 49 but still). Not even worth my reply you clearly know nothing about the Leafs, nor hockey in general. You didn’t even know his name hahahah
Gardiner is a defenceman. I am talking about playing defence. I guess that is foreign to you for some reason.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Bruins vs. Devils would be perfect for Boston on paper. ON PAPER, I've seen enough hockey to know that things almost never play out that way. I thought Boston vs. Ottawa was an amazing match-up for the Bruins last year as well.

Devils are average in almost every statistic, where as the Bruins are elite in almost every statistic (goals, goals against, PP, PK, possession).

Push the Bergeron line vs. Hall line at home and they should realistically win every match-up throughout the lineup. You'd probably see Zajac vs. Bergeron and Hischier vs. Riley Nash (maybe Krejci) in New Jersey.

Bergeron/Krejci vs. Hischier/Zacha in the faceoff circle, assuming those are the two match-ups, would be a pretty big mismatch. RH vs LH should work out well for the Bruins.
The Devils are a fast team and they have some dynamic players that many people ignore.

That would be a good matchup though, imho. It could go either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad