Playoffs teams only

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I don't want to play Washington or Toronto but for different reasons.

Washington seems to have our number and matches up well against us.

Living in Toronto I don't want to have to deal with the nonsense from the Toronto fans, bandwagon fans and Toronto media.
Almost as bad as living in Toronto and having to deal with nonsense from fans of other teams!

Reactions: hockeyes and BTP

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
What you're hoping for is not in anyway possible.
The Jets will play the 3rd place Central team (Minny has the edge on that right now).
It is impossible for the Ducks and Jets to play in the first round.

On the other hand it is TOTALLY possible for the Preds to play the Ducks in the first round.
Have fun with that if it happens ;)

Dammit, thought there would be a way to let those two tenderize each other first. I don't like the odds of knocking the Ducks out a fourth time.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jets fan...I think I would rather play the Avs or Blues than the Wild but that’s a minor preference. It will be hard work regardless of the team and hope our playoff inexperience doesn’t hurt us too much.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Not even remotely close due to the sheer difference in volume of nonsense.
Then don't cheer for the Bruins? Not sure what you want Leafs fans in Toronto to say. There are bandwagon/fairweather fans in every single city, it's unavoidable.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Tampa fan. I'll take NJ or Philly any day if I want to get out of the first round. I'd like to play the Panthers though.

Unfortunately, we'll get stuck with the Leafs. We match up well with them but they have enough skill to be scary.
Not if you go full throttle on that D. The D core is a nightmare. However, I think McDermott is a keeper. The rest are a trainwreck and they are overplaying Andersen. When you give up 40+ shots a game, it eventually bites you in the....:help:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As a CBJ fan I want to face Pitt and avoid TB. TB owns us. I don't want to avoid BOS but I don't want to play them either because the CBJ won't stand for the shit they like to pull and I don't want that kinda physical series in round 1 and wear us down for our first ever round 2.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Is there anyone that wants to play the Leafs?

As preds fan, hell yeah. Would mean we are back in the finals.

I don't fear any team as far as not being g able to beat them, but I don't want to play the Ducks because they would probably take out 2 or 3 of our starters before the series was done

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
If the Wild make it to the finals I want the road there to be epic - Jets in the first round, Preds in the second. Whoever comes out of the Pacific doesn't matter. If you are looking for the easy match up, you probably won't win the cup anyway.
Very true gotta beat the best to be the best

Reactions: libertarian

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
As a CBJ fan I want to face Pitt and avoid TB. TB owns us. I don't want to avoid BOS but I don't want to play them either because the CBJ won't stand for the **** they like to pull and I don't want that kinda physical series in round 1 and wear us down for our first ever round 2.
Right now Columbus wouldn't be playing either Tampa or Boston in the second round, assuming they beat Pittsburgh in round one.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
As a Leafs fan I don't want Tampa in the first round. They are like the Leafs; speedy and skilled with a deep forward corps offensive minded defense and solid goal-tending, except they have more experienced, developed talent. I just look at them and I see what (ideally) the leafs are in three years. Not a good match-up for the Leafs today. Likely the team we face though.

If I could pick any team to face it would be New Jersey: All do respect to them, but this is a first year playoff team which relies heavily on one star for scoring (Hischier is second on the team with 50 points), coming off a season where they dramatically overachieved what they were projected to be (ie. a non-playoff team). No playoff series is a walk-over, and the Devils have substantial amounts of young talent but New Jersey has a lot of inexperience in key positions (like the Leafs last year) and weaknesses in their roster that can be exploited.

I would also not mind Boston; true it would be an uphill-battle for the Leafs but the chance to avenge 2013 is too good. Also, despite Boston being a powerhouse this year and having a veteran laden core, Toronto has done well against them in recent games and their speed can give them some advantageous matchups.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
As a Leafs fan I don't want Tampa in the first round. They are like the Leafs; speedy and skilled with a deep forward corps offensive minded defense and solid goal-tending, except they have more experienced, developed talent. I just look at them and I see what (ideally) the leafs are in three years. Not a good match-up for the Leafs today. Likely the team we face though.

If I could pick any team to face it would be New Jersey: All do respect to them, but this is a first year playoff team which relies heavily on one star for scoring (Hischier is second on the team with 50 points), coming off a season where they dramatically overachieved what they were projected to be (ie. a non-playoff team). No playoff series is a walk-over, and the Devils have substantial amounts of young talent but New Jersey has a lot of inexperience in key positions (like the Leafs last year) and weaknesses in their roster that can be exploited.

I would also not mind Boston; true it would be an uphill-battle for the Leafs but the chance to avenge 2013 is too good. Also, despite Boston being a powerhouse this year and having a veteran laden core, Toronto has done well against them in recent games and their speed can give them some advantageous matchups.
As a Leafs fan, you will be discussing how they lost to another opponent in the first round. Whether it's Tampa or Boston, they are out with that d core they have... Polak, Zaitsev, Gardiner, Reilly.... yikes!

As the other fan said, EC teams are hoping to face the Leafs.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
After yesterday the East feels settled in terms of the teams making it in.

West still has some scenarios left to play out but between the Blues, Kings, Ducks and Avs. That Blues lose last night was brutal for them.

Don't care who the Caps play, just get it over with quickly Devils or Jackets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad